My latest blood test results

Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2014, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I've gone through this thread because I thought it would enhance my knowledge, but all it's doing is making me sick. Do we really need to know about everyone's cholesterol, test results, etc.? By the time everyone finishes, the discussion will be at the other end!

Now that you have brought that up....................
Old 09-30-2014, 09:23 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Food and diet advocates how can we live without them. My blood test numbers are very good but I'll bet you other things are killing me like the passage of time.
Old 09-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
I've gone through this thread because I thought it would enhance my knowledge, but all it's doing is making me sick. Do we really need to know about everyone's cholesterol, test results, etc.? By the time everyone finishes, the discussion will be at the other end!
I hear what you're saying Bonanza.
However in this case, the thread was clearly titled, so we had a choice to ignore it.
Sharing blood test results on TOTV may be a source of pleasure and interaction to a poster that doesn't have a strong social support group that would be interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
Amino acids are found in animal sources such as meats, milk, fish, and eggs. They are also found in plant sources such as soy.
Jimbo, I have avoided soy because I thought it contained estrogens that could promote breast cancer. Perhaps that's outdated information?
Old 09-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Jimbo, I have avoided soy because I thought it contained estrogens that could promote breast cancer. Perhaps that's outdated information?
I think so this article says it's the other way around, but it's not an authority,

when searching google, always do so by results in last 12 months to get new info

What's The Deal With Soy And Breast Cancer?
Old 09-30-2014, 11:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
because one thing I know for danged sure, it doesn't have any thing to do with noise pollution.
What do you have to back that up? (Remember we are talking about stress.)
Old 09-30-2014, 11:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
However in this case, the thread was clearly titled, so we had a choice to ignore it.
Sharing blood test results on TOTV may be a source of pleasure and interaction to a poster that doesn't have a strong social support group that would be interested.
Yes, thank you. It's the same reason that everyone is here and no one needs to be reading this thread if they are not interested in the subject of health.

Quote:
My opinion, for what it's worth, I wouldn't eat soy and you are wise to stay away from it too. One study (I don't have a link to it) showed that long term soy consumption caused brain atrophy in men. The study consisted of a few thousand men. This comes from the book, "Beyond The 120 Year Diet". I was a long term user and I felt symptoms coming on. When I read about it, I stopped using soy and the symptoms went away.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:

From my personal experience, I have been on thyroid medicine for over 50 years. At one point, I was constantly having blood drawn and the medication adjusted. After about 3 times the doctor called and asked what else changed in my diet. When we eliminated different things to no avail, soy milk was the culprit FOR ME. I eat very little meat (just prefer other things and don't care if someone is a steak eater) and found out real quick tofu would not be a meal choice for me.
Old 09-30-2014, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipcovers View Post
I meant to say that eggs are COMPLETE protein, all the amino acids, I don't believe any other food has complete protein, maybe I am wrong.
No, you're not wrong. Egg whites are an excellent (complete) source of protein. When I was practicing the Zone philosophy I used to eat 3 egg whites as part of my breakfast. But then I went on to learn more about different types of protein and the effects they have on the body. Animal protein and vegetable protein have different effects and risks.

Quote:
VPL, there are a few UNREFINED oils, coconut, grapeseed and olive. You must check the label to make sure it is" first cold pressed". It is the refined oils that are the problem, soy, corn and canola, they start with GMO seed, which means, they can withstand all the roundup and pesticides...they use chemicals to extract.... bleached and deodorized with more chemicals and then put "all natural" on the label.
My oil of choice is Extra Virgin (first cold pressed) olive oil. (I'm not familiar with coconut or grapeseed oil.) I use only very little olive oil. I use a measuring spoon for one teaspoon at lunch and one for dinner. Yes, it has a little saturated fat but nuts do to. Even plain steel cut oats contain a little saturated fat.
Old 09-30-2014, 01:49 PM

VPL, a great book is "Fat Chance: Surviving the Cholesterol Controversy and Beyond". You might want to get "Premium Select" OL from the Olive Oil Store. Just a quote from the book, "The addition of heat during processing or even during cooking destroys these important antioxidants and polyphenols.

Grapeseed oil and coconut oil, unrefined, are good for cooking as they have a high heat tolerance. I make my own salad dressings using the premium select, and grapeseed oil. Commercial dressing are made with soy or canola, and other cheap ingredients. Trader Joes has a great California OL, Consumers gave it a high rating, and it is priced right.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo2012 View Post
when searching google, always do so by results in last 12 months to get new info
Jimbo, I know it's off topic, but how do you google a topic for ONLY recent health information?
It seems that medical knowledge and recommendations are changing at the speed of light.
I've noticed that when a poster quotes from a book that is five or ten years old, the information is often outdated.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
My opinion, for what it's worth, I wouldn't eat soy and you are wise to stay away from it too. One study (I don't have a link to it) showed that long term soy consumption caused brain atrophy in men. The study consisted of a few thousand men. This comes from the book, "Beyond The 120 Year Diet". I was a long term user and I felt symptoms coming on. When I read about it, I stopped using soy and the symptoms went away.
You felt brain atrophy symptoms coming on from eating soy?
What does that feel like ... it must have been scary.
Old 09-30-2014, 05:40 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Medical advice about diet and eating changes at a fast pace because you gotta keep feeding the jute box to get it to play music. My blood test result are excellent right on the numbers. My wife's HDL's are so high and her LD: so low they create a false positive
Old 09-30-2014, 11:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I would like to hear Jimbo's comments on this.
Old 10-01-2014, 07:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Long-Term Side Effects of Soy Milk | LIVESTRONG.COM
Old 10-01-2014, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
This is so true, if people who eat soy would google just how these products are made, they might change their minds.

Of course, I believe that UNpasturized milk is the best. Years ago, when I had dairy cows, I had some "old timers" come and buy my extra milk. I always thought they must be on to something. It has been proven that people raised on farms are healthier despite the fact they are not constantly washing their hands.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.