My Villages Hospital Review

Closed Thread
Old 02-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

I have never heard of anyone who was in the hospital and said the food was good...............
Old 02-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Gold member

reminds me of airline complaints. never mind the fact that they delivered you in a safe timely manner. just complain about the food or the lack of it.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:24 PM
Platinum member

Some posters should read OP's post again. Her complaint about the food was only a minor part of the overall problem.

Sometimes I think some people pick through a post and select some point they can use to chastise the poster.

I agree with jflynn1. I am sure the TVRH board would like to hear about this.
Old 02-14-2015, 04:34 PM

Contact "Risk Management"
Old 02-14-2015, 04:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by downeaster View Post
Some posters should read OP's post again. Her complaint about the food was only a minor part of the overall problem.

Sometimes I think some people pick through a post and select some point they can use to chastise the poster.

I agree with jflynn1. I am sure the TVRH board would like to hear about this.
You are correct...I'm fascinated by the focus on the food.

Food in a health care facility that is so bad people won't eat it... Or so unhealthy people won't eat is not good for healing. As I stated before... I have spent much time in hospitals for myself and with family.

Regardless... It WAS a small part of the post. Thank you for pointing that out.

That being said... I have posted in two other places for The Villages and the stories are much the same as mine.

Furthermore... I'm pretty good with anyone who feels that it's a great hospital..... going there.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:53 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I didn't understand how a person could have a nuclear stress test against his/her will. Hunger and the dried out turkey and cheese sandwich was mentioned by the OP more than once -- putting some emphasis on food. The OP mentioned her occupation more than once in the post and to multiple people in the hospital. I looked up the occupation. Whatever.
Old 02-14-2015, 06:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villager Joyce View Post
I didn't understand how a person could have a nuclear stress test against his/her will. Hunger and the dried out turkey and cheese sandwich was mentioned by the OP more than once -- putting some emphasis on food. The OP mentioned her occupation more than once in the post and to multiple people in the hospital. I looked up the occupation. Whatever.
Yes... I did mention my "occupation" lifestyle several times. I mentioned it to the doctors several times as well. It speaks to my health and fitness. YOU looked it up. Too bad they didn't! They would have known more about my health and my lungs had they taken a minute and looked it up.

I also mentioned the food... If the food that is supposed to be edible isn't, and what you can eat is unhealthy... You won't heal.

As I said.. this isn't my first rodeo... While the few will rip this apart.. .I am aware that there are others reading it... who get it!
Old 02-14-2015, 08:30 PM
Gold member

I just don't understand why you just didn't come out and say your a health and fitness coach. Not everyone know about the "Beachbody" fad. To me that would have been more of a delay, because they had no clue as to what you were talking about.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:36 PM

My experience at the Village Hospital was not much better, I suggest eveyone who goes to the hospital get a copy of their medical record while there. You will be surprised as to the inaccuracies. I filed a complaint 4 months ago with the CEO and I am still waiting for a complete response. But, I am sure many other people have had good care? If I need to get emergency treatment again I will be going to Munroe Hospital. My experience in the past has always been great there.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxgal View Post
I just don't understand why you just didn't come out and say your a health and fitness coach. Not everyone know about the "Beachbody" fad. To me that would have been more of a delay, because they had no clue as to what you were talking about.

Or I could just say I am a Beachbody coach... since that is what I am.
Old 02-14-2015, 08:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastwind53 View Post
My experience at the Village Hospital was not much better, I suggest eveyone who goes to the hospital get a copy of their medical record while there. You will be surprised as to the inaccuracies. I filed a complaint 4 months ago with the CEO and I am still waiting for a complete response. But, I am sure many other people have had good care? If I need to get emergency treatment again I will be going to Munroe Hospital. My experience in the past has always been great there.

I posted this same review on two other sites... The stories are scary to say the least. Another hospital everyone is raving about is Shand. I'm not sure where it is... but I will check it out!

The conversation on the other sites is much different than this one.

I've also heard Waterman is good.

Where is Munroe Hospital?
Old 02-14-2015, 09:23 PM
Gold member

Shand is in Gainsville. I've also heard good reviews on it.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:34 PM

I have the same negative opinion of TVRH as the OP based on the care given to my husband this past summer. When I had to call 911 because my husband had a massive brain bleed 12 hours after discharge from TVRH, I begged the EMTs to take him anywhere but TVRH. They took him to Ocala Regional Medical Center where the care, doctors, nurses and other staff were AMAZING! We continue to go there three times a week for therapy. This hospital is right across the street from Munroe. Many of the docs there were trained at Shands. I did not file a complaint with anyone, because my priority was and still is taking care of my very sick husband. A complaint is not going to get him back to where he was before dealing with TVRH.
Old 02-15-2015, 04:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Your hospital experience is frightening and in my mind, a red flag for the way the hospital is run.

I would opt to go to Ocala or even Leesberg unless it was life threatening and time was of the esssence.

BTW -- Shands Hospital has an excellent reputation and is a real hospital, compared to what we have here.
Old 02-15-2015, 06:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post
Your hospital experience is frightening and in my mind, a red flag for the way the hospital is run.

I would opt to go to Ocala or even Leesberg unless it was life threatening and time was of the esssence.

BTW -- Shands Hospital has an excellent reputation and is a real hospital, compared to what we have here.

Shands is part of the University of Florida School of Medicine and so it is a teaching hospital that is well staffed and run and it is in Gainesville which I think is an hour away..

Only the building is owned by The Villages here. It is rented to a group that runs hospitals and it does not have what a large teaching hospital has to offer for sure.

Even the most superior hospital would be put to the test by having the population swell in the months of January, February and March.

However, I am pretty sure asking for one's own doctor to come to the hospital for an emergency may not be realistic in this day and age.

Telling a hospital staff member that you are healthy is not realistic without your latest health records. They have a responsibility to conduct blood tests and other monitoring tests when you are admitted.

I am guessing that the chemical injected that the OP didn't want was Thalium and the test was a nuclear test to see how the blood was dispersed into the heart muscle at rest and while moving. It is an important diagnostic test if a person is suspected of having cardiac issues.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/e...cle/007201.htm

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.