Need advice

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2023, 07:29 PM
Platinum member

We do a welcome information sheet with newcomers in our neighborhood which includes emergency contacts. We have used the information several times for emergency situations. Obviously this is voluntary but I don't recall anyone objecting.
Old 03-30-2023, 09:30 PM

I believe you can fill out a report at the Police Dept, reporting his behavior and why you believe he is a danger to self or others. That would get a social worker or investigator to his house for evaluation. If he refuses to cooperate, he may be brought in to the hospital involuntarily, based on your report and investigator's report, for a 3-day evaluation by psychiatrist.
Old 03-30-2023, 11:23 PM

Just a few clarifications. I have both an alarm system and numerous security cameras, inside and out. I have everything on video already and could probably make a pretty solid case for breaking and entering but I'd like to try to come to some kind of peaceful resolution without any legal complications. I'm more inclined to forgive and forget as long as it doesn't continue.

Since my alarm went off when my neighbor came into the house and I was not able to respond to the alarm, the police were notified and did respond. I have them on video wandering around the house 15 minutes after it happened. I have since learned that the sheriff's office did try to reach me but since I am out of the country I don't have my regular SIM card in my phone and so missed the call. I will return the call when I get back but that won't be for another month. Hopefully they will remember the incident.

I also have The Villages Empty Nest housewatch people regularly checking on the house. After the lanai door lock was breached I had them install security rods in the door tracks to minimize the chances of the doors being breached that way again. I used to use them before I got my alarm system but stopped since they made it so inconvenient to use the lanai on a day to day basis.

I've also exchanged emails with my across the street neighbors about what happened so they are aware of the situation.

Anyway...

My intention in posting here was mainly to get advice on how to deal with my neighbor's confusion. I know it's primarily his family's responsibility and I have to assume they are trying to deal with it already but are having limited success since they can't watch him 24/7. That being the case I expect at some point I will probably run into him one on one and I'm not quite sure how I should handle it. We still have to live next to one another so I'd prefer to avoid any confrontation as that would probably make things worse.

Any advice along those lines would be much appreciated.

In the meantime I'm going to try to get back to my bucket list trip and try to forget all this for now.

Thanks so much.
Closed Thread

Tags
situation, house, advice, put, lock

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.