Need ankle surgery

Closed Thread
Old 11-20-2019, 11:37 AM
Default Need ankle surgery

I need a torn ligament repaired. If you have had foot surgery in The Villages please share your experience with your doctor, both good and bad.
Old 11-20-2019, 11:43 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameliafay View Post
I need a torn ligament repaired. If you have had foot surgery in The Villages please share your experience with your doctor, both good and bad.
I suffered a torn Achilles tendon about ten years ago and saw a podiatrist called Dr. Johnny Wu who put me in a black boot for TWELVE weeks, NIGHT AND DAY... I had to take if off only when I showered and carefully stand on one foot. He said if I faithfully wore it, I would not need surgery and he was right. He is up by the hospital.

I am known for giving the wrong advice and too much of it, but it worked and I really like Dr. Wu, even if he did graduate from Michigan.

Go Bucks.
Old 11-20-2019, 02:13 PM

This has been 11 months. I had physical therapy for 4 weeks, Then a tall black boot, then a short black lace up boot that hurts too much to wear. I don’t think it will ever heal without surgery. Thanks for sharing your experience.
Closed Thread

Tags
surgery, experience, share, doctor, bad

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.