Need a dentist-just broke a tooth

Closed Thread
Old 05-03-2019, 05:19 PM
Default Need a dentist-just broke a tooth

Just my luck, arrived here last week and today I broke off part of a tooth that had a filling. I am sure it will require a crown. Of course, we have no dentist lined up. Any recommendations? We are just south of 466A off Morse, so close would be better but not absolutely necessary.

I remember reading on this forum about some dentists that seem to be less than ethical in the area so want to try to avoid them.

Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Haven’t had to have any crowns replaced down here yet, I’ve been to few dentists. Really like DDS Jerkins in Fruitland Park. He seems like straight shooter and don’t try to run up the tab like they others I went to. Maybe someone will post on his crown work?
Old 05-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Tom, Forrest Jerkins 3360 US-27 Fruitland Park 34731.**352-728-8881**Great Dentist fair prices. He seemed like the kind of guy who would help you out after hours if you let them know you are in trouble. Good Luck. Just tell him the Tooth, I mean Truth!
Old 05-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Haven’t had to have any crowns replaced down here yet, I’ve been to few dentists. Really like DDS Jerkins in Fruitland Park. He seems like straight shooter and don’t try to run up the tab like they others I went to. Maybe someone will post on his crown work?
You just happen to be the person I was fortunate enough to get Dr. Jerkins from. Thank You Topspinmo. I'm a chicken at the dentist, this guy and his staff put you at ease. You saved me when I needed help.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Serenity Dental Spa Dr. Luong! She’s in Spanish Springs. Wonderful office and she does the build up and makes the crowns in the same visit. You’re in and out in about two hours without having a temporary or having to go back. Most modern equipment I’ve ever seen. Very honest and never does anything that doesn’t need to be done! All the crowns she has done for me have been perfect!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:13 PM

2nd for Doc Luong....she is extremely professional and competent on crowns.....you cant beat same day crown completion.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage

Another recommendation for Dr. Jerkins. I first went to him for an emergency severe jaw pain upon the advice of a neighbor. Called the office and they got me in that day. Took x-rays, examined me and gave me antibiotics. He suggested I return for a routine exam, but there was no pressure. I’ve been seen in that office longer than I’ve seen any dentist in my lifetime.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thumbs up Experience

I strongly recommend Dr.Shorr at Palm Ridge Dentistry. He has retired but practices on Monday and Fridays and he is what you want in a Dentist. He has a lot of experience, he is kind and his Assistant Eddie is terrific. I had a broken tooth and went to a Dentist in the Villages and I was left with a lot of pain, his assistant (who is a Dentist) was the one to treat me and was not someone I would ever go back to. Heard of Dr Shorr and was really happy with him and his assistant.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Sage

It's been posted on another site that Dr. Jerkins is not accepting new patients, but you could try, nevertheless.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
Just my luck, arrived here last week and today I broke off part of a tooth that had a filling. I am sure it will require a crown. Of course, we have no dentist lined up. Any recommendations? We are just south of 466A off Morse, so close would be better but not absolutely necessary.

I remember reading on this forum about some dentists that seem to be less than ethical in the area so want to try to avoid them.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I love my dentist. Village(s) Dental in Pinellas Plaza. Wonderful dentist and staff.
Old 05-04-2019, 12:15 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouNeverKnow View Post
Serenity Dental Spa Dr. Luong! She’s in Spanish Springs. Wonderful office and she does the build up and makes the crowns in the same visit. You’re in and out in about two hours without having a temporary or having to go back. Most modern equipment I’ve ever seen. Very honest and never does anything that doesn’t need to be done! All the crowns she has done for me have been perfect!
I wish I had known about her earlier! I had an appt last Monday for a crown which supposedly will take three weeks to be ready. My temporary crown has come out twice already! I am afraid to eat or brush my teeth for fear it will happen again. We are going out of town 3 weeks from today and I am nervous that the permanent crown won't be ready for my scheduled appointment on the 20th!

k.
Old 05-04-2019, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

Just a note about Dr. Luong -- if you're unlucky enough to also need a root canal, she does not permit the endodontist (Dr. Ghazal in my case) to re-fill the crown. You'll need to go back to her for it.
Old 05-04-2019, 07:35 PM

Husband had 2 crowns on implants by Dr Jerkins. He’s great. He told me he’s not taking new patients if they have to see the hygienist but he will take new patients that need dental work. Only because his hygienist are so booked
Old 05-09-2019, 09:32 AM

William L Hendry, DMD, MAGD in Fruitland Park would be my recommendation. Just switched there from one of the "up seller" dentists inside the bubble. Really like Hendry's approach and the friendliness of the office and professional staff. 352 314-2729
Old 05-13-2019, 06:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I use Dr.Jerkins and he is very good, but if you end up needing a root canal too, he refers to quite a few endontists. I recently used Dr.Ghazal off of CR466 and he did an incredibly good job ("beautiful" in his words) given it was a root canal. best wishes.
Closed Thread

Tags
broke, tooth, forum, remember, absolutely

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.