Need a dentist-just broke a tooth

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 05-03-2019, 05:19 PM

Default Need a dentist-just broke a tooth

Just my luck, arrived here last week and today I broke off part of a tooth that had a filling. I am sure it will require a crown. Of course, we have no dentist lined up. Any recommendations? We are just south of 466A off Morse, so close would be better but not absolutely necessary.

I remember reading on this forum about some dentists that seem to be less than ethical in the area so want to try to avoid them.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Old 05-03-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Haven’t had to have any crowns replaced down here yet, I’ve been to few dentists. Really like DDS Jerkins in Fruitland Park. He seems like straight shooter and don’t try to run up the tab like they others I went to. Maybe someone will post on his crown work?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2019, 05:37 PM
Sage

Tom, Forrest Jerkins 3360 US-27 Fruitland Park 34731.**352-728-8881**Great Dentist fair prices. He seemed like the kind of guy who would help you out after hours if you let them know you are in trouble. Good Luck. Just tell him the Tooth, I mean Truth!
Old 05-03-2019, 05:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Haven’t had to have any crowns replaced down here yet, I’ve been to few dentists. Really like DDS Jerkins in Fruitland Park. He seems like straight shooter and don’t try to run up the tab like they others I went to. Maybe someone will post on his crown work?
You just happen to be the person I was fortunate enough to get Dr. Jerkins from. Thank You Topspinmo. I'm a chicken at the dentist, this guy and his staff put you at ease. You saved me when I needed help.
Old 05-03-2019, 05:57 PM

Serenity Dental Spa Dr. Luong! She’s in Spanish Springs. Wonderful office and she does the build up and makes the crowns in the same visit. You’re in and out in about two hours without having a temporary or having to go back. Most modern equipment I’ve ever seen. Very honest and never does anything that doesn’t need to be done! All the crowns she has done for me have been perfect!
Old 05-03-2019, 06:13 PM

2nd for Doc Luong....she is extremely professional and competent on crowns.....you cant beat same day crown completion.
Old 05-03-2019, 09:03 PM
Sage

Another recommendation for Dr. Jerkins. I first went to him for an emergency severe jaw pain upon the advice of a neighbor. Called the office and they got me in that day. Took x-rays, examined me and gave me antibiotics. He suggested I return for a routine exam, but there was no pressure. I’ve been seen in that office longer than I’ve seen any dentist in my lifetime.
Old 05-04-2019, 06:56 AM
Platinum member

Thumbs up Experience

I strongly recommend Dr.Shorr at Palm Ridge Dentistry. He has retired but practices on Monday and Fridays and he is what you want in a Dentist. He has a lot of experience, he is kind and his Assistant Eddie is terrific. I had a broken tooth and went to a Dentist in the Villages and I was left with a lot of pain, his assistant (who is a Dentist) was the one to treat me and was not someone I would ever go back to. Heard of Dr Shorr and was really happy with him and his assistant.
Old 05-04-2019, 08:06 AM
Platinum member

It's been posted on another site that Dr. Jerkins is not accepting new patients, but you could try, nevertheless.
Old 05-04-2019, 11:31 AM
Gold member

Location: Bridgeport CT; Boston, Winthrop, Dorchester, Canton, Provincetown MA; Village of Hadley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom52 View Post
Just my luck, arrived here last week and today I broke off part of a tooth that had a filling. I am sure it will require a crown. Of course, we have no dentist lined up. Any recommendations? We are just south of 466A off Morse, so close would be better but not absolutely necessary.

I remember reading on this forum about some dentists that seem to be less than ethical in the area so want to try to avoid them.

Thanks for your suggestions.
I love my dentist. Village(s) Dental in Pinellas Plaza. Wonderful dentist and staff.

Tags
broke, tooth, forum, remember, absolutely