Need a good Rheumatologist

Closed Thread
Old 03-20-2015, 08:17 AM
Default Need a good Rheumatologist

Does anyone know a good Rheumotologist in or near the Villages?
Old 03-20-2015, 08:27 AM

I see Stephanie Ingrahm, she is very good ! New to the Villages
Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 AM
Platinum member

I also switched to Dr. Stephanie Ingram from Dr. Gonsalves. His practice is overbooked.
Old 03-20-2015, 02:34 PM

Thanks
Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 PM

I see Dr Sobel at UF Shands Gailesville
Old 03-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Sage

I think highly of Dr.Geliga, 352 787 7611 who my wife sees. Even though his speciality is Rheumotology he diagnosed my wife with low blood sugar which is outside his expertise and which our primary doctor, who is an internist should have caught. He is the most helpful doctor among many that we have.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:16 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I think highly of Dr.Geliga, 352 787 7611 who my wife sees. Even though his speciality is Rheumotology he diagnosed my wife with low blood sugar which is outside his expertise and which our primary doctor, who is an internist should have caught. He is the most helpful doctor among many that we have.
I believe dr Geliga is a Neurologist, not a Rheumatologist
Old 03-20-2015, 07:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I believe dr Geliga is a Neurologist, not a Rheumatologist
You're right, I get confused with all my wife's doctors. She does have a rheumatologist but I don't think I would highly recommend him.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:33 PM
Veteran member

Funny this post should be new today. Because of my weird northern insurance I just went to Dr. Sladek for the first time today in Orlando. My advice if his name EVER comes up in a search of yours is to stay as far away from him as you possibly can. I will never go back. He had so little interest in me I finally asked him if I should find another doctor and he said, "Aren't there any doctors you could see in The Villages?" He didn't even have any equipment, as far as I could tell, that looked like what my northern doctor had and he didn't know what I was talking about when I told him the injections I had gotten up north. He advised me to just get a knee replacement and be done with it. An absolute jerk! Sorry I wasted my time and money. It's just him and his nurse/receptionist/bookkeeper- yup, same person! Guess his practice isn't big enough to have a real staff!
I'm on the hunt for a REAL rheumatologist also.
Old 03-20-2015, 09:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovsthosebigdogs View Post
Funny this post should be new today. Because of my weird northern insurance I just went to Dr. Sladek for the first time today in Orlando. My advice if his name EVER comes up in a search of yours is to stay as far away from him as you possibly can. I will never go back. He had so little interest in me I finally asked him if I should find another doctor and he said, "Aren't there any doctors you could see in The Villages?" He didn't even have any equipment, as far as I could tell, that looked like what my northern doctor had and he didn't know what I was talking about when I told him the injections I had gotten up north. He advised me to just get a knee replacement and be done with it. An absolute jerk! Sorry I wasted my time and money. It's just him and his nurse/receptionist/bookkeeper- yup, same person! Guess his practice isn't big enough to have a real staff!
I'm on the hunt for a REAL rheumatologist also.
Wow, that is awful. And, you went all that way! I've been to Dr's like that and it is so disheartening when that happens.
Give Dr Ingram a try. I really liked her a lot....saw her for maybe 6 visits. I was unable to continue because she was not familiar with my problem. But, I'd go back to her for any other reumotology problem. Good luck to you!
Old 03-21-2015, 06:19 AM
Location: Hong Kong; California; New York; Alabama; Texas; Kansas; Washington, DC; Maryland & TV at St James

Do you know if any of the Rheumatogists mentioned treat patients with Lupus?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.