need help with hearing

Closed Thread
Old 12-08-2022, 11:29 PM

Just an FYI to the OP and anyone else in the market for hearing aids: Costco sells the EXACT same hearing aids that many audiologist sell, but for easily half the price. Additionally, Costco gives you a full 3 months to try them out and you can return for a full refund if you're not satisfied, whereas most audiologist / hearing aid centers only allow you to try them for 30 days. And they give you a 3 year warranty, AND they will replace one FREE OF CHARGE if it gets damaged or lost. Finally and perhaps most importantly, in the past only Costco could work on / repair / adjust hearing aids bought at Costco, but their policy has changed and now any audiologist (who is willing) can adjust them. Dr. Turi will work with patients who buy hearing aids at Costco--he charges $500 for this service, but then you don't have to drive back and forth to Orlando or Tampa (closest Costco's), and he's a very good audiologist.
Old 12-09-2022, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
IMHO, it sounds like (no pun intended) you need a new audiologist. As noted above the new hearing aids are much better with great improvements over the last few years. In any case, I would talk to the audiologist and make sure that any hearing aids recommended would a full moneyback trial period, then go to places where you know you are having trouble hearing. i have friends that can adjust the hearing aids for different settings with their phone using an APP.
I have moderate hearing loss in one (1) ear, and will actually looking at the new OTC hearing aids in the next few months after there are some real world reviews.
I have a friend who has had to wear hearing aids since childhood and the ONLY place she will buy new ones is at Costco. She said they by far have the best "exchange" program available so that you get what you need and dont have to deal with multiple purchases. She said last time she upgraded, she was allowed to keep coming back until she got the perfect pair, and that it took 3 total attempts to get what worked best for her. She is VERY impressed and tells anyone who is in search of the next pair, so I share this hoping it helps you.
Old 12-10-2022, 12:48 AM
Veteran member

I over the years I have probably tried at least a dozen brands of hearing aids. I don't know why but Resound is the only brand I have found that I can hear well with. I was also told that the VA dispenses Resound. I now have tinnitus which makes things worse so I may have to search for new hearing aids.
I feel sorry for every person who has this problem. It can be very isolating.

Last edited by rmd2; 12-10-2022 at 12:49 AM. Reason: more info
Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, hearing, years, audiologist, ent

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.