Need an honest dentist.

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2018, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I would offer that it is more about whether one or the other is in fact needed.

My dentist and I reached an understanding early on. I am only interested in healthy functionality. Nothing prettier, better or just in case.
The fact that mother nature and our creator have been good to me has been very helpful!!!!!!
Again you have spoken wisely. We see Palm Ridge Dental and we all three love Dr. Kathleen Williams and Dr. Reem Jabar. Both women were educated at University of Florida Gainesville. We loved their dental hygienist Susan but she has recently moved. My first cleaning with a new one there and she too is excellent. Her name is Denise.

I have had trouble all of my life with decay even with religious care of my teeth. I am certainly going to try soaking my toothbrush in peroxide if I can figure out how to do that. I have an electric one and use a water pic as well.

I have always wondered about dental difficulties being tied somehow to genetics. Some people pay very little attention to dental care and have no caries.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoatRatKat View Post
I fell into the dishonest dentist trap when I first moved here as well. After getting scammed I came on TOTV and researched and read recommendations and then ended up at Dr. Jerkins in Fruitland Park and have been going to him since as does my husband. He's HONEST and a super nice guy...his office staff are helpful and nice as well. Pretty sure you'd be happy with him and I'm positive he wouldn't lead you to do something you didn't need. I wish I could find a Dr. I liked as much as I like my dentist.
Yep, had one charge me 250 bucks for mouth wash, another wanted to replace my caps for 6 grand a piece and they wasn’t even bad. Had one assist ARGUING with the dentist (that I actually liked) on pockets, after assistance poked around for no reason pierced the bone I had sore mouth for month.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,884 Times in 2,430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
You can wash your driveway with a garden hose
Or you can use a pressure washer...Which would do a better job ?
I use pressure washer, it’s called waterpik
Old 11-11-2018, 06:01 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to the square

Serenity Dental in Spanish Springs can take care of all your needs. Go no further.
Old 11-11-2018, 08:53 PM
Exclamation "Deep Cleaning"

I have a background in dentistry, and practiced for many years as a hygienist. Any dental practice that will give a free exam and x rays will require a "deep cleaning". IT IS A SCAM ! There is no free dentistry, or free anything else. I tried one of these establishments out just for curiosity. I had just had my teeth cleaned & checked by my regular dentist. Sure enough, I was told I needed a deep cleaning and a crown.The other comments posted here, like "it comes with age" are uninformed.
Old 11-11-2018, 09:50 PM

Main Street Dentists In Leesburg. Two dentists, a husband and wife. Excellent office staff. No pressure or overselling.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:02 AM

Also looking for a Dentist not always after every other cleaning, ex-raying me to death...T.V. cleaning dentist showed me some other persons SINGLE X-RAYED TOOTH that needed work..I know, because nine months before, all my teeth were x-rayed, deemed perfect after some deep cleaning work, by my Fl. Keys dentist..Usually a dentist shows x-rays, and points out the tooth that needs work...This, from a x-ray that shows three or four recognized teeth in the area...

Last edited by Villagevip; 11-12-2018 at 12:22 AM.
Old 11-12-2018, 09:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK001 View Post
With all due respect, I totally disagree. A "deep cleaning" is a procedure that involves root scaling and planing. Scaling involves removing plaque and tartar from the surface of the teeth and from the pocket area between the teeth and gums, and with planing the dental hygienist will use a scaling instrument to remove plaque and tartar from the surface of the roots of your teeth. This procedure helps to reverse periodontal disease. It is not a scam.

I know because before I came to The Villages I've had many regular cleaning and polishings (which is just surface) and I have had several deep cleanings. There is a big difference between the two.

Ask your dentist, I'm sure he/she will agree.
I've been told that I have little or no plaque or tartar. I use an electric plaque removing toothbrush and floss correctly every day. My only problem is staining caused by the tea that I drink every day. The dentist that I went to told me that he couldn't see if I have any cavities because of the staining.

I'm sure that deep cleaning is necessary in some cases, but many of these dentists refuse to do a regular cleaning that is covered 100% by insurance and insist on doing a deep cleaning on every patient. Most of the time, it's a scam.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
dentist, cleaning, teeth, x-rays, cavity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.