Need A New Primary Care

Closed Thread
Old 09-26-2020, 11:17 AM
Default Need A New Primary Care

I went to my PC here in The V the other day...& was shocked that nobody in the office (except myself) was wearing a mask. This was my first visit there since this COVID 19. I asked him about it & he said he wasn’t required by his employer to wear a mask. Then I asked if a person who tested positive for COVID 19 could give it to others even if they didn’t have symptoms. His reply was yes they could as one’s body is always shedding cells. Hmmn! Never going back.
Any suggestions for a PC? Oh BTW...not interested in The Villages Health System. Thanks!
Old 09-26-2020, 03:25 PM

Dr tafur 350-6241 excellent
Old 09-26-2020, 05:22 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doro22 View Post
I went to my PC here in The V the other day...& was shocked that nobody in the office (except myself) was wearing a mask. This was my first visit there since this COVID 19. I asked him about it & he said he wasn’t required by his employer to wear a mask. Then I asked if a person who tested positive for COVID 19 could give it to others even if they didn’t have symptoms. His reply was yes they could as one’s body is always shedding cells. Hmmn! Never going back.
Any suggestions for a PC? Oh BTW...not interested in The Villages Health System. Thanks!

NAME of this doctor? Otherwise, why post?
Old 09-26-2020, 06:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

Quote:
Wow wonder why a medical professional would be so cavalier about this?
Old 09-28-2020, 07:46 AM

River's Family Medicine, which is in the medical plaza near the hospital is being very thorough and careful about covid. They also just hired a new doc. that I met last week while there. Dr. Desmarais. West Point Grad. Very kind and thorough. I heard they are going to open a second location in Brownwood too.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
I am truly SHOCKED. I wish you would mention the practice. I have gone to the specialty care center of the Villages Health and at the front door is someone seated wearing a mask who takes your temperature. Everyone working there had on masks. I really like The Villages Health care system and we all adore Dr. Rizzi at the center near Lake Sumter Landing. In fact I wish he would marry our granddaughter. I tried. Both have other plans.

Joseph Rizzi - The Villages Health

Last edited by graciegirl; 09-28-2020 at 08:09 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 08:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

dittos. i use villages health & Dr Rizzi. he's such a sweet guy! why are you not interested in the doctors we have here? is it your insurance?
Old 09-28-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

you might consider Dr. Peter Ankoh (he's not part of the Villages Healthcare group) in Leesburg 352.728.2999
Old 09-28-2020, 04:28 PM

Another favorable comment for Dr. Rivers practice. Excellent!
Closed Thread

Tags
asked, covid, mask, give, system

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.