Need Orthopedic Doctor in the Villages

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2020, 10:57 AM
Default Need Orthopedic Doctor in the Villages

Need an orthopedic dr. that specializes in ankles, knees and wrists. In the Villages and that I can get to with a golf cart .I'm in alot of pain
Old 01-06-2021, 04:40 PM

Did anyone have any recommendations for you? I have to find an ortho for my Achilles’ tendon tear in about 3 weeks, and rehab/PT afterwards. We just got here and I have no idea who to see. Thank you!
Old 01-06-2021, 05:08 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

The Villages Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center | AOI

These doctors are golf cart accessible, located in the Sharon Morse building.
Old 01-06-2021, 05:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsbedford View Post
Did anyone have any recommendations for you? I have to find an ortho for my Achilles’ tendon tear in about 3 weeks, and rehab/PT afterwards. We just got here and I have no idea who to see. Thank you!

My same recommendation to you..

The Villages Orthopedic & Sports Medicine Center | AOI

As for PT and rehab, Dr. Tezia Gonzalez is located next to the clinic.
352-751-2862
Old 01-07-2021, 09:58 AM

Thank you! I’ll call this morning!
Old 01-07-2021, 10:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsbedford View Post
I went to Dr. Wu. Johnny Wu, a foot doctor for my torn Achilles tendon. He told me that if I wore the black boot for 12 weeks, (twice as long as usual) even at night, and only removed it to shower carefully, not placing it down, then my tendon would heal without surgery. And he was right. I tore it somehow, when packing and moving about ten years ago. Dr. Wu is NOT an orthopedic doctor, but it worked. His office is near The Villages Hospital and can be reached with a golf cart. The only negative is that he is a Michigan graduate. And I am from O-HI-O!!!!!
Old 01-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Thank you! I’ll give his office a call if I don’t get a callback from the Ortho and Sports Medicine people!
Old 01-07-2021, 02:53 PM
Platinum member

Advanced Orthopedic Institute, Dr. Williams and Dr. Cook in the Sharon Morse Building. Their PT facility is right at their office too.
Dr. Cook repaired my broken wrist, has done shoulder replacements and carpal tunnel repair on my neighbors. Dr. Williams has replaced knees on some of my other neighbors. They are very good. 352-751-2862
Old 01-07-2021, 09:53 PM
Default 2 thumbs up for them

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
Advanced Orthopedic Institute, Dr. Williams and Dr. Cook in the Sharon Morse Building. Their PT facility is right at their office too.
Dr. Cook repaired my broken wrist, has done shoulder replacements and carpal tunnel repair on my neighbors. Dr. Williams has replaced knees on some of my other neighbors. They are very good. 352-751-2862
I've also used Dr Cook, very nice and a very good Doctor!
Old 01-08-2021, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I went to Dr. Wu. Johnny Wu, a foot doctor for my torn Achilles tendon. He told me that if I wore the black boot for 12 weeks, (twice as long as usual) even at night, and only removed it to shower carefully, not placing it down, then my tendon would heal without surgery. And he was right. I tore it somehow, when packing and moving about ten years ago. Dr. Wu is NOT an orthopedic doctor, but it worked. His office is near The Villages Hospital and can be reached with a golf cart. The only negative is that he is a Michigan graduate. And I am from O-HI-O!!!!!
Go Blue! Highly recommend Dr. Wu.

Tags
villages, orthopedic, pain, alot, .im

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.