need recommendations for caregiver

Closed Thread
Old 02-15-2018, 11:27 AM
Platinum member
Default need recommendations for caregiver

I am writing this for a friend. you can respond directly to the email listed. hoping someone will be able to help. The patient is a lovely person.
We are looking for recommendations for in-home caregivers. Mom needs someone in the house 24 hours. Mostly just to help prepare light meals and help her walk from bed to couch and couch to bathroom, etc. She is on hospice and has help three days a week with her bathing, bed linen changes, etc. Plus a nurse comes once a week and they are available for emergencies 24 hours a day. However, we need someone who can stay for 48 or 72 hours (perhaps on the weekends) with mom and/or we will consider a full time live in.
There are a number of agencies we are researching. I am hoping perhaps folks in the Villages have recommendations on agencies they have used in the past. I would also like to know if there are agencies that we should avoid. Also, we are open to talking with anyone who may have recommendations for local (non-agency) experienced caregivers.
Please send recommendations to Inger at irarick@yahoo.com.

Thank you.
Closed Thread

Tags
recommendations, agencies, hours, week, bed

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.