Need recommendaton for PT for Frozen Shoulder

Closed Thread
Old 01-18-2019, 11:10 AM
Question Need recommendaton for PT for Frozen Shoulder

Will be arriving in TV shortly. I have suffered with a frozen shoulder for almost 6 months. Will want to continue PT in TV. Anyone had success with seeing a PT in TV for frozen shoulder therapy? It affects my golfing a bit, taking probably 20 - 30 yards off my drives. Need to gain back that yardage ASAP. 180 yard drives makes the courses that much longer !!! THANKS !!!! (We are expecting up to 2 feet of snow here in Upstate NY tomorrow, so I can't get to TV soon enough !!!! Shoveling snow does nothing for my shoulder !!))
Old 01-18-2019, 11:38 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I went to a wonderful PT here for a frozen shoulder. I did all of the exercises she suggested and she saw me 12 times. She was skilled and very helpful in her attitude.

It didn't change anything about my shoulder. I googled frozen shoulder and I read where it disappears in most in about a year. It is gradually getting better.

Mine stemmed from the inactivity required of one arm for two months after a pacemaker implant.

Welcome to you. Hope you love The Villages.
Old 01-18-2019, 10:04 PM
Veteran member

My sympathies. It was the worst pain I've ever had.

I went to Advanced PT in Palm Ridge Plaza (352-693-3378) but agree that it didn't make much difference (and the exercises were uncomfortable). Steroid shots helped but honestly, it just took time to gradually resolve on its own. I subsequently got it in the other shoulder, but that was much milder.

Last edited by queasy27; 01-19-2019 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-19-2019, 10:32 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default shoulder

[QUOTE=TJLAMPHERE;1617010]Will be arriving in TV shortly. I have suffered with a frozen shoulder for almost 6 months. Will want to continue PT in TV. Anyone had success with seeing a PT in TV for frozen shoulder therapy? It affects my golfing a bit,

Hi, not a doctor here, but I found the following with a bad shoulder:
There is a small pulley system, the PT people know of it, I made my own. It is a small pulley with a bracket that goes over a closed door for an anchor spot. The two lines thru the pulley have small wooden handles, dowels, and then I just pull and pull back and forth, originally trree times a day for a month, that did it.
PM me and I can send a picture or any PT outfit may have them, the idea is to gently use it, it will lubricate itself with movement.
An item. If moving to Florida, have you evaluated other 55 communities? Solavita, Del Webb near Orlando and some great ones, 55 plus near Tampa coming on line soon.???? Clermont area?
Well, Uh, do not judge a book by its cover? Be careful and good luck. Do a private message it works well.

Old 01-19-2019, 11:06 AM

I had both shoulders frozen for several months. Did all the PT exercises for this on YouTube. Nothing helped. However, Miranda Esmonde White has a TV show called Classic Stretch twice daily on PBS. Her 20 minute video on Shoulder Strengthening worked miracles for me in just one day!
Old 01-30-2019, 09:03 AM

Got very little feedback on a good PT person in TV. I am here now and need to schedule PT soon. Looking for names of good PTs. Thanks!!
Old 01-30-2019, 11:11 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJLAMPHERE View Post
Got very little feedback on a good PT person in TV. I am here now and need to schedule PT soon. Looking for names of good PTs. Thanks!!
I responded awhile back to your PM request for info. Maybe you didn't see it.

Dr. Tezia Gonzales - The Villages FL, Physical Therapy
Closed Thread

Tags
shoulder, frozen, drives, snow, longer

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.