eye exam & Davis Vision insurance

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Default eye exam & Davis Vision insurance

I'm looking for information on eye exam doctors who take Davis Vision Insurance. My Google search brings up Eye Doctors Optical Outlets in Lady Lakes and Leesburg. Has anyone had any experience with them or have Davis Vision insurance who can recommend their doctor?
Old 11-09-2011, 08:43 PM
Default Help.....

BUMP
Come on Villagers, there has to be somebody out there who has Davis Vision insurance with some information!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:22 PM

I have some advice-don't use Davis-they are the worst-they make terrible lenses and loose frames-the only good thing about them is they do honor their guarantees. I wish I didn't have them-both myself and wife have had nothing but trouble with them-took me 3months to get my first pair made and then I couldn't see with them!!!
Taught physics and chemistry to teenagers for 37 years!! Started out in Rhinebeck,NY and ended up in Havre de Grace, MD-moved to Buttonwood full time and then moved to Labelle, but still go north to do some goose/deer hunting !!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 09:46 PM

I have Davis Vision Insurance and used Peepers in Colony Plaza. Very satisfied with the exam and service. Give them a try.
Old 11-10-2011, 12:50 AM
BOMBERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolman44 View Post
I'm looking for information on eye exam doctors who take Davis Vision Insurance. My Google search brings up Eye Doctors Optical Outlets in Lady Lakes and Leesburg. Has anyone had any experience with them or have Davis Vision insurance who can recommend their doctor?
I have Davis Vision Ins. It's not the best but I don't pay for it. I used the place in Leesburg. Found all the places around here from the Davis web site. That was 6 or 7 years ago. They were just ok. They give you the eye exam, take all your info. and send it to Davis who makes the glasses and send them back and you go back to Leesburg to have them fitted. Two trips - kind of a pain. They are/were located in the smaller shopping center just past Lake Square Mall on 441. I think they were to the left of a Publics Market. If Peepers in Colony Plaza takes Davis I might try again. I go to a great Dr. at Ocala Eye in the TV. She says my eyes are find and if I want I can use
readers from the Market of Marion for reading. Works for me for the last 2 years.

I also heard that Davis is owned by BS/BC?
Old 11-10-2011, 07:23 AM

Thanks for the replies......I had poor service with Davis back in Michigan, but it's what I have, so I'll try to get the best provider down here. I'll be calling Peepers today to check out their services!
Old 11-10-2011, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolman44 View Post
Thanks for the replies......I had poor service with Davis back in Michigan, but it's what I have, so I'll try to get the best provider down here. I'll be calling Peepers today to check out their services!
Please share what you learn from Peepers. I two have Davis though they weren't fantastic in Maryland I can't complain about the price. I never had a problem with getting things on time and I could see with them.

Suzanne
Old 11-11-2011, 05:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momesu View Post
Please share what you learn from Peepers. I two have Davis though they weren't fantastic in Maryland I can't complain about the price. I never had a problem with getting things on time and I could see with them.

Suzanne
I guess I'm getting more confused! Looks like BC/BS covers my exams, which are covered with a $25 co-pay. Davis Vision (which looks like is connected to BC/BS) covers the frames and lenses which I have no coverage for? I'm a GM retiree from Michigan, and this vision coverage will be new starting Jan. 1 2012. Peeper's will accept BC/BS, so I might try them. I would rather find an exam place that has a medical doctor MD on staff instead of just the typical OD for exam.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Eternal Member

I use Davis Vision at JC Penney's Optical in Paddock Mall in Ocala. Since I am now on Medicare I only use the card to get a discount on my wife's eye exams. Every time I go to use the card for glasses, etc, I find that JC Penney's has a better deal than Davis can get me.

It was the same when I was using the card at Wal-marts. The card got me the eye exam discount and the Wal-Mart discount always beat the Davis card discount.

Z

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.