Neurologist in area?

Closed Thread
Old 05-15-2022, 05:47 PM
Veteran member
Default Neurologist in area?

Anyone have a good neurologist in the area who can do cognitive testing and ability to care for someone with possible dementia
Old 05-15-2022, 11:22 PM

If you consider Orlando close........ Orlando Center for Health and Aging can help. As for cognitive testing, are you referring to a neuropsychological test? If so, I think they are booking out almost 8 months right now. My wife is having her testing done there later this year. She sees Dr Fletcher for all her other memory/cognitive needs. Neurologist Orlando FL - Neurology Doctor
Old 05-16-2022, 12:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Dr Erin Deegan 352-674-1710 excellent doc.
Old 05-16-2022, 01:16 AM
Default neurologist

Dr. Deegan is indeed excellent! However, she is moving out-of-state this month.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Old 05-16-2022, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts

Charter Research does cognitive testing
Old 05-16-2022, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

Well Dr Deegan is eliminated if she's moving. No, I do not consider Orlando close. With traffic it would be hr and half. Same as going to Shands who just informed us we cannot see our already established DR UNTIL JAN OF NEXT YR!! Disgusted with health care in this country. Just tried making appt with gyn uro and her FIRST opening is end of September! So let's allow in millions of illegals to flood our hospitals. God help us
Old 05-16-2022, 08:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

I was feeling bad for you until you made that statement
Old 05-16-2022, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

my wife has Alzheimer's...we've been to a number of neurologist, she's taken any number of tests....unfortunately there is no cure for most forms of dementia

if there was a neurologist that had the solution the wait time to get to that doctor would be decades

It is frustrating that the medical community just doesn't have the tools that would help...beyond a few meds that deal with anxiety and depression (which really is just covering up what is)

the lost of cognitive ability among those of us that are in the winter of our lives is on the increase...IMHO, all testing is going to do is put a name on the beast, and give you a rough estimate on which stage some one is in

It's a terrible disease....it breaks your heart

Good luck and God bless you for being the caregiver that you obviously are...it's not easy
Old 05-16-2022, 09:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
she has to leave! i was taking my hubby to her, & last visit she said her husband has taken a job in OHIO, & their whole family is relocating. she did, however, mention that the new guy in will be Dr. Thomas Moore. we have not met him, but his credentials are pretty impressive, he's also a shrink on top of being an expert neurologist.
the absolute BEST>? Dr. Nilafer Tanner @ Mayo jacksonville. my hubby got all his scans, spinal taps, & tests done there on site with immediate results. yes, it's far & quite expensive when you get down to the cost of travel, & a lot of the tests we had to pay out of pocket, --they just are not covered.
all the best to you & your hubby, may God Bless you both, oxo
Old 05-16-2022, 09:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
my wife has Alzheimer's...we've been to a number of neurologist, she's taken any number of tests....unfortunately there is no cure for most forms of dementia

if there was a neurologist that had the solution the wait time to get to that doctor would be decades

It is frustrating that the medical community just doesn't have the tools that would help...beyond a few meds that deal with anxiety and depression (which really is just covering up what is)

the lost of cognitive ability among those of us that are in the winter of our lives is on the increase...IMHO, all testing is going to do is put a name on the beast, and give you a rough estimate on which stage some one is in

It's a terrible disease....it breaks your heart

Good luck and God bless you for being the caregiver that you obviously are...it's not easy
hypobaric helps. not aviv, cuz they are too expensive, but there are area treatment centers who do provide the service @ a cheaper cost. it's not a cure, but helps with the terrible symptoms of sundowning, restless activity, & concentration. after mark's 1st set of treatments he was able to hold a basic conversation with his oldest daughter in 2 years--there's no pricetag on that. he is actually able to sit & listen to music, & shows interest in the things he once enjoyed. (the super-oxygen produces stem cells & healing)
Old 05-16-2022, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Well Dr Deegan is eliminated if she's moving. No, I do not consider Orlando close. With traffic it would be hr and half. Same as going to Shands who just informed us we cannot see our already established DR UNTIL JAN OF NEXT YR!! Disgusted with health care in this country. Just tried making appt with gyn uro and her FIRST opening is end of September! So let's allow in millions of illegals to flood our hospitals. God help us
If you are not willing to drive 90 minutes to see a doctor I don’t feel too badly for you. The problem is too many people for too little resources and medical advances are keeping people alive longer than they should.
Old 05-16-2022, 09:48 AM
Sage

i forgot to mention a guy in Leesburg, on 27, i think. his name is Dr. Mason, but his practice is known as The Memory Doctor. that guy is educated on the latest treatments & advances, & i bet you could get a cognitive test much faster. he usually books us about 1 week out. good luck!
Old 05-16-2022, 10:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,021 Times in 5,322 Posts

We had a very good one but unfortunately he recently moved away. Our Dr office found us one in Ocala but not sure yet how much we like him.

Seems to be a shortage of them here.
Old 05-16-2022, 07:39 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVJim View Post
If you are not willing to drive 90 minutes to see a doctor I don’t feel too badly for you. The problem is too many people for too little resources and medical advances are keeping people alive longer than they should.
Seriously?? That's 90 minutes EACH WAY!! 3 HRS OUT OF DAY DRIVING PLUS GAS. TO BAD we didn't have more neurologists in the villages. It would be nice as we all get older and driving 3 hrs a day can take a toll on some
Old 05-16-2022, 07:40 PM
Veteran member

Will look him up!! Tk u
Closed Thread

Tags
neurologist, area, care, ability, cognitive

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.