Neurosurgen

Closed Thread
Old 06-07-2018, 01:24 PM
Default Neurosurgen

Need help finding a good Neurosurgen for a ruptured disc..also which hospital.
Old 06-07-2018, 02:12 PM
Sage

The absolute best neurosurgeon is Dr. Frank Bono--he did 2 laminectomy's for me--he relocated his practice out of TV

His practice is now listed s Bio-Spine Institute--whatever you do--stay away from Laser Spine Institute

If I need a tune up I will go to Tampa for Dr Bono
Old 06-07-2018, 07:38 PM

Bono isn't a neurosurgeon. He is an Ortho-surgeon but that doesn't mean he isn't skilled in this; he is probably the same or better than a NS for a disc problem.

1124094966 NPI Number | FRANK S BONO D.O. | TAMPA, FL
Old 06-08-2018, 10:24 AM

Thanks for the reply, I was referred to a Dr. John Main at Ocala Health Neurosurgical group in Ocala. Looks like the group has a pretty good reputation. I don't see a lot of info on Dr. Main...if anybody has a experience with him please share
Old 06-08-2018, 11:13 AM

My husband goes to Dr Barry Kaplan, Ocala
Old 06-08-2018, 11:43 AM

Dr. Kaplan is in the same group as Dr. Main, I tried to get in to Dr Kaplan but he's not taking any new patients
Old 06-08-2018, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genobambino View Post
Dr. Kaplan is in the same group as Dr. Main, I tried to get in to Dr Kaplan but he's not taking any new patients
Could you get a referral from your PCP?
Old 07-07-2018, 06:11 PM

MY wife & I along with others here in The Villages have had spine surgery by Dr. Daniel Hoh at Shands in Gainesville. We both had previous spine surgeries In Leesburg. We are both doing well & playing golf again. We highly recommend Doctor Hoh. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:17 PM
Sage

Yes, you want to go to U of Florida/Shands in Gainesville.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
MY wife & I along with others here in The Villages have had spine surgery by Dr. Daniel Hoh at Shands in Gainesville. We both had previous spine surgeries In Leesburg. We are both doing well & playing golf again. We highly recommend Doctor Hoh. Good luck.
Old 07-09-2018, 02:34 PM

If you want a World Renown Minimall Invasive Neurosurgeon who will not interfere with any nerves leaving a one inch scar well known by Villagers through referrals you can make that choice, Dr Robert Masson, Masson Spine Institute, Ocoee Fl about 45-50 minutes away. He replaced a collapsed nerve back in position, fused it to my L5S1 disc, added a cage, titanium screws and plate in a little over an hour. A week later I was back at the gym still recovering. He is an amazing Neurosurgeon.
Old 07-10-2018, 12:12 PM
Default Neurosurgeon at Shands

I recently had a lamenectomy (sp?) at UF Shands in Gainesville. After much research, I chose to get an appointment with Dr. Daniel Ho, a neurosurgeon with outstanding credentials. He questioned me at length about my problem, what measures I had taken, what gave me relief and then explained, with total clarity, what procedure he'd be using. Not to go into too much detail, but for months I had relentless pain and had to sleep in a straight chair with 3 pillows on a tray table.
After surgery I woke up with no pain and lying on my back for the first time in months. I still have a slight backache much of the time but I walk each day and that has become my lifestyle.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:06 AM
Veteran member

Dr. Kaplan is not accepting new patients. I went through my pain management doctor for a referral and was handed off to Dr Main. It appears Dr Kaplan is moving his practice to Orlando which explains why he is not accepting new patients.

I have surgery scheduled for 19 July, a TLIF ... will see how it goes.
Old 07-11-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeetleBailey View Post
Another vote for Dr Daniel Hoh at Shands.
He worked on me for 8 hours. First to undo what Dr Bono had done which had made my condition even worse. Then to get the job done correctly. I'm playing golf again
Although the swing looks a little strange.
Closed Thread

Tags
neurosurgen, disc, hospital, ruptured, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.