New dr reco - why no responses?

Closed Thread
Old 03-28-2016, 06:28 AM
Default New dr reco - why no responses?

We are moving to TV in April. I posted a few days ago and asked for doc recos and any experience anyone has had with Dr. Ojha (female). I only had one private response. Why are more people not giving recos? Did I break an unwritten rule about naming doctors? Feels like we're being assigned a doctor without knowing anything about her.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
We are moving to TV in April. I posted a few days ago and asked for doc recos and any experience anyone has had with Dr. Ojha (female). I only had one private response. Why are more people not giving recos? Did I break an unwritten rule about naming doctors? Feels like we're being assigned a doctor without knowing anything about her.

Assigned?

I haven't heard of this M.D. Are you asking for a recommendation for a PCP?

Here is what a quick internet search found. She is apparently associated with The Villages healthcare system and was trained in India. Dr. Smita Ojha, Family Medicine Doctor in The Villages, FL | US News Doctors

There are many doctors here in private practice to choose from as well. Perhaps being new you don't understand you have choices.
Old 03-28-2016, 06:51 AM
Sage

TOTV posters are only a small fraction of Villages residents. Perhaps no one who saw your post is familiar with the doctor you mentioned.
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 03-28-2016, 06:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaF View Post
Can you be more specific in your request? Are you planning on joining The Villages Health, or someone outside of The Villages? Is Dr. Ojha local? A quick check I did shows she practices in Malabar, Florida, which is nowhere near here. I think if you could elaborate on your needs, more people would help.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:43 AM
Eternal Member

Never heard of this Dr. Who is assigning you to this Dr ?
Old 03-28-2016, 08:53 AM
Sage

This doctor is at The Villages Health, Creekside. She is one of the doctors offered when Dr. Noel left The Villages.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:56 AM
Gold member

If you are joining Villages Health Care you can go to the clinic you will be going to and get info on all docs in that clinic. Well, actually you can just go online and see bio of all docs. They probably assigned you to that doc because she's new and has openings for new patients. You can have a meeting with her then determine if it will be a good fit. If not you can meet with other docs who have openings. The Villages Health System is very good about working with you until you feel comfortable with your choices. Call now and set up an appt with the center manager or go to one of the "stores" when you get here, they will explain everything and work with you.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:34 PM

They didn't assign my doctor, nor did they for anyone else I know who is with them, and in my experience, they seem to go out of their way to provide info on all of the doctors. Did you go in to one of the centers and inquire?

This is my signature.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:12 PM

I have seen her for about 18 months and am happy with her. Pleasant & listens which is nice. Welcome to TV.
Old 03-29-2016, 07:18 AM

My husband and I are part of The Villages Primary Care system and think it is a great choice. Every center (and you can choose wherever suits you best) has multiple doctors. If you need to see a medical person, you are guaranteed to see someone that day. It may be an NP or an MD but someone qualified will see you and advise/treat. We have only had experience with our doctors at Pinellas and recommend them. Robert or Helen Aisenstat.
Old 04-02-2016, 04:21 PM

All, Thanks for your responses. I should have provided more information. I did look at the Villages Health website, read the bios on all the doctors, filled out the paperwork and then called to request certain doctors whose bios I liked and who had good ratings on a few sites I had checked. All the ones I requested were not taking new patients so I was offered Dr. Ojha. They really wanted me to go to the health center closest to where we bought our house, but I told them I could go to any of them. We currently live in Dallas and drive 15-20 miles to see our doctors, so traveling a few extra miles in the Villages to see the doctor we prefer is not a big deal, but they really wanted us to be at the care center near us. After I assured the woman I was talking to that it didn't matter which center we went to she then agreed to tell me which doctors at all the centers were taking new patients. I found one I wanted, Dr. Kennedy, called back two days later to set up the first appointment and was told she is not accepting any new patients. I asked her if she had filled up her patient quota since we talked two days ago and she didn't know, just said she is not taking new patients. So I did schedule an appointment with another doc, but am also looking outside Villages Health to other doctors in our UHC network. I found Dr. Kennedy in our network and according to UHC website, she is taking new patients! So I'm calling on Monday and setting up my own appointment, but not through Village Health. Long message, but this will fill in the background that many of you asked about. Thanks for your suggestions.
Old 04-04-2016, 11:16 AM

I was actually told that Dr. Kennedy's appointments were very limited. That's why I chose to go to Dr. Ojha at Creekside and I'm so glad I did. She is awesome, as well as all the staff.

This is my signature.
Closed Thread

Tags
recos, break, rule, unwritten, giving, private, response, people, doctors, doctor, knowing, assigned, feels, naming, female, days, ago, april, responses, moving, asked, ojha, experience, doc, reco

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.