Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2020, 06:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,919 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I was encouraged and discouraged today.
Encouraged:
I had to go to Kohl's to return an item. Masks in the store 100%.
Very note worthy.

Discouraged:
After dinner we took a short ride to and around Lake Sumter Landing. Fairly active with walkers and participants in stores and out door bars/tables and even a group of about 12 or so line dancing. We saw ONE PERSON with a mask.

At some point the large percent of non maskers just has to change if we are to defeat this virus.
I am a big proponent of wearing masks INDOORS when distancing is not guaranteed. I do not wear a mask outdoors, especially when distancing is a given. I would like to see masks mandated for indoors with exceptions for when eating and drinking. When eating and drinking social distancing must be maintained.
Old 07-12-2020, 05:18 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Hi roscoguy,

I know what you mean about Dr. Fauci being pounced on by those who do not want to admit that this vile virus is way ahead of us. Our understanding of it must evolve or we are going to end up killing a lot more people — along with killing the economy.

From the beginning, I could not comprehend how wearing a mask would not help me to protect myself, along with others.

Yet, the anti-maskers insist upon dredging up obsolete information and small, narrow studies often from other countries, as they grasp at straws to “prove” they are right.

I do not know why so many refuse to do such a small thing that could go a long way to rescue our country — as this thing grows arms and legs that reach into every aspect of society.

In my post above, I listed some of my observations of what could possibly be motivating anti-maskers to be so hellbent on harming others — and themselves. Observations only — that old psych minor of mine does not qualify me to open a practice.

A virus needs a host to survive and Covid sure has found itself a welcoming committee. Covid is a whole lot smarter than we are. We, as a nation, need to hurry up and join forces against it by doing everything we can to stop playing host to Covid. But the anti-maskers don’t want to join us because they would feel like they would be admitting they were wrong — when actually they would be proving that they are capable of evolving.

Boomer
"I know what you mean about Dr. Fauci being pounced on by those who do not want to admit that this vile virus is way ahead of us."

It sadly seems that the "pouncing" on Dr. Fauci, is lately showing all of the hallmarks of a full-blown hyena pack attack. It's hard to comprehend, why so many people can't seem to understand that this virus is new (the reason it's called "novel"), has shown to be much more complicated and capable of mutation than originally known, therefore the scientific knowledge and advice is also constantly evolving. Good science depends on following the evidence and changing the theories, hypothesis, treatments and mitigation based on that new knowledge, not trying to make the facts fit a preconceived theory (or worse, notions and hunches). Following the facts is what Fauci has been doing and is now being pilloried for, which is simply being an excellent and highly experienced scientist who is doing exactly what he's been doing, at a high level, for the last 50 years or so.

Your last sentence about the only ones not seeming to evolve, due to their inability to ever admit they were wrong, is also perfectly on target and describes what we're seeing in so many instances.
Closed Thread

Tags
masks, protect, asymptomatic, carriers, pre-symptomatic

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.