BREAKING: UF Health, which operates UF... - The Villages Daily Sun | Facebook
Old 12-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

This should be a good thing.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Hope they start with the ER and do a complete overhaul. It's going to be hard to do, since they will have to change the culture of that ER from watching the clock and punching out to one that is patient centered.
Old 12-10-2019, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Is this the same thing?
The Villages to have a new Hospital.
Old 12-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Is this the same thing?
The Villages to have a new Hospital.
That's part of it. Details are here:

UF Health to acquire Central Florida Health’s regional hospitals | UF Health, University of Florida Health
Old 12-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

One of my blonde nurse friends told me that might happen and a brunette nurse acquaintance who also worked there backed that up but was not sure it would make much of a difference.
Old 12-10-2019, 09:52 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,687 Times in 3,600 Posts

Sounds good for TV.
Old 12-10-2019, 11:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The old staff of higher ups hadda go. They saw The Irishman. Nothing can be done they had their chance they upset too many people and they Gotta GO! Welcome to the new guys. May you have mucho success. Somehow I'm not sure how but methinks we may hear why they suck before they even get going. I have high hopes for a great outcome.

Tell me why will not it be great? I'm sure somebody has something that they think is constructive but negative to kick into the conversation.

I wonder if a poster who was active a few years ago had anything to do with this. From what I understand the man dabbled in things at a very high level. Yous know who I mean! He was an asset to this Forum with medical conversations with GE that let regular working guys & gals see the inner workings of the medical field in a way that was very educational.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
The old staff of higher ups hadda go. They saw The Irishman. Nothing can be done they had their chance they upset too many people and they Gotta GO! Welcome to the new guys. May you have mucho success. Somehow I'm not sure how but methinks we may hear why they suck before they even get going. I have high hopes for a great outcome.

Tell me why will not it be great? I'm sure somebody has something that they think is constructive but negative to kick into the conversation.

I wonder if a poster who was active a few years ago had anything to do with this. From what I understand the man dabbled in things at a very high level. Yous know who I mean! He was an asset to this Forum with medical conversations with GE that let regular working guys & gals see the inner workings of the medical field in a way that was very educational.
He still communicates with many of us on Facebook. He is another amazing person whose medical knowledge and knowledge of hospital business as well as innate intelligence and wonderful ethics made almost everyone on this forum admire him.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Bigger organizations breed more structure and process and remote management. M&A's are usually good for the investors, not always for the employees and clients. Be careful what you wish for and speculate about, expectations may not be met.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-11-2019, 01:40 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Bigger organizations breed more structure and process and remote management. M&A's are usually good for the investors, not always for the employees and clients. Be careful what you wish for and speculate about, expectations may not be met.
Both CFH and UFH are nonprofit corporations as is the newly merged corporation. There are no owners nor investors nor shares for anyone to sell or make money off of.
Old 12-11-2019, 04:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 865 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan9871 View Post
Both CFH and UFH are nonprofit corporations as is the newly merged corporation. There are no owners nor investors nor shares for anyone to sell or make money off of.
Non-profit is the result after all the expenses, salaries and other costs are paid. They have Boards of Directors that are paid and they may have "founders" that are given compensation. In reality, non-profits rarely merge (or acquire) but when they do some individuals make profits and manage the business to insure they continue to do so.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-11-2019, 05:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Non-profit is the result after all the expenses, salaries and other costs are paid. They have Boards of Directors that are paid and they may have "founders" that are given compensation. In reality, non-profits rarely merge (or acquire) but when they do some individuals make profits and manage the business to insure they continue to do so.
And non-profit does NOT equal non-bureaucracy
Old 12-11-2019, 10:13 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

The fact that Central FL Health (which consists of 2 hospitals) exists in this age of hospital mergers is amazing. Hospitals over the last 15 years have merged or been acquired to take advantage of the benefits of purchasing power (of a larger institution) in addition to other benefits. In most cases, the more efficient, well-run hospital network will survive. The fact the TVRH and Leesburg were acquired by Shands can only be a good thing. There's a lot to sort out... It will take a while to get all the answers.
Old 12-14-2019, 06:44 AM
Default ER Visit

Mrs B had acute pain develop from a prior day urology procedure. We were directed to ER. TVRH ER would not see her for several hours. We went to South Lake Hospital ER instead, with wife in much pain, and were seen and treated immediately. TVRH is a joke, and I had such hopes for it.
Closed Thread

Tags
people, running, villages, hospital

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.