A Nightmare at TV Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2022, 06:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,051 Times in 2,740 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGibson View Post
I would go to Shands in Gainesville if it was life or death.
North Florida Regional Medical Center in Gainesville is also an excellent option.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

The ER at The Villages Hospital is the main culprit. I didn't think I would survive until it was my turn. In their defense, the place was a nuthouse that day.

Once I got a room, no better care anywhere. Depending on what the problem is next time I think I would choose someplace else. It was like the Wild West in the ER. Extremely Unprofessional.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:12 AM

Do not go to Villages hospital. Just had my mother there Oct. 25th & was appalled. Ocala or Gainesville are better choices.
Old 11-10-2022, 04:28 AM
Default The Villages Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It’s not a rumor, it’s real. I have experienced the horrible nightmare. And it’s not limited to the busiest times of the year, happened in early June.
I also experienced the horrible nightmare in August ( Er not busy)Insufficient or lack of proper medical care has no excuses no matter how busy. If I told you my experience you would not believe it. Stay away.
Old 11-10-2022, 05:25 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
hospitals in ocala, including advent are probably better than tv or leesburg, but if you really need an emergency room i would use tv, have had good care there twice when i needed it.
TV HOSPITAL spent 4 days there, private room, no issues

Last edited by Worldseries27; 11-10-2022 at 05:26 AM. Reason: FILE
Old 11-10-2022, 05:59 AM
Veteran member

And most of those past were and are untrue.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:39 AM
Default Awful encounter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Since moving here 7 years ago, are the rumors I hear true about TV hospital is run very poorly?
It's overcrowded, dirty, and offers a lot of unprofessional care?

I was there once for a visit a friend and asking in case I need medical care in the future.

If true, maybe driving to Ocala might be a wise choice.

Your Input please.
Earlier this year, I had an emergency and went to TV Brownwood hospital twice within two days. The first visit went fine, but the second, not at all. A nurse (not an RN) was physically abusive. I’m still reeling from it. Never had an experience like that before. I spoke directly to the hospital administrator about it, he listened, but didn’t offer much support. Would not go back there.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:48 AM
Veteran member
Cool My experience at villages hospital

I went to the er at villages hospital in august of this year. Had a sore throat so bad I couldn’t swallow. Got there at 630pm. Needed a cat scan and 3 blood tests. At midnight was diagnosed with a abscess tonsil. They said they had no ent dr.or sent me to shands in ambulance at 2am. It was crowded so I understand it taking that long. The care at shands was excellent and in two days they had me good and went home.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:17 AM
Default Drive to Ocala.

Quote:
Since moving here 7 years ago, are the rumors I hear true about TV hospital is run very poorly?

I was there once for a visit a friend and asking in case I need medical care in the future.

Your Input please.
I have had a bad experience at The Villages Hospital. Drive to Ocala if you can.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:21 AM

Quote:

Your Input please.
Statements about poor service are true, based on my experience.
Late last year, my son had vomited and passed out and we called 911. They took him to the TV hospital. His wife told them he had recently had a heart attack and gave the ER his Rx list. He was put in the ER for 2 days. They never removed his vomit-soaked clothes. After 2 days, he was admitted and moved to a room. He was there for 3 more days; then discharged after many tests. He was told they could not determine the source of his problem.
While he was there, he was asked to provide a urine sample and put the cup in the bathroom. The next day, he was told the results of his urine tests. Interesting, because the cup was still in the bathroom - untouched.
Before he was discharged, the hospital gave him papers to sign, stating that he was Not Admitted. He refused and eventually they discharged him without signing.
Bottom line - when he returned to his doctors in south Florida, they found the dosages of two of his new medicines he was prescribed after his heart attack had to be adjusted. Something, I guess, the TV hospital never considered.
I won’t be using this hospital !!!
Old 11-10-2022, 07:56 AM

Couple of weeks ago we had a medical emergency. Went to Villages hospital. Went inside to get wheel chair. About 10 - 15 people in waiting room. Left and went to ER for Ocala Hospital on 466A. Taken in immediately. Taken to West Marion Hospital in Ocala for two night stay. Good outcome and experience under stressful situation. West Marion Hospital was great. Would recommend.
Old 11-10-2022, 07:58 AM
Default Didn’t sleep well but no nightmares

I haven’t had to spend a great deal of time at area hospitals but having being admitted for surgery at Leesburg and TV both times I had excellent care. Great outcomes on both occasions. I would not hesitate to go back to these facilities. I cannot compare as these are the only ones I have had contact with. The one at TV was right at the switch to UF and the computer system was hacked so everything had to be done on paper. Everything was done right as far as I am concerned.

Last edited by erojohn; 11-10-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 11-10-2022, 08:04 AM
Platinum member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
i think all the medical facilities run into trouble @ times, just from the arrival of new citizens. we are growing fast, idk if the hospitals can handle them all. the addition of a new hosp. is a welcome sight
If hospitals are understaffed now, Where are they going to get the staff for the new hospital??
Old 11-10-2022, 08:18 AM
Sage

We've been here more than a decade. BOTH of us have used both TVH and Leesburg....several times. It's the ER and folks who use it for sore throats, sprained ankles etc. I've been in TVH ER innumerable times, even during "high season" and it was jammed. What many don't understand is there are ambulances bringing in people as well AND everyone needs to be triaged. They have certain levels these are in and it's worst cases 1st then down to the others. IF the place is slammed----well you should get the picture (hopefully). Add to this being short-staffed! NOT the hospital's fault as they can't magically produce someone to accomodate. Think about it...TV isn't the only community they service. It's regional PLUS an aging community. We were here when the hospital was brand new (they later built an addition). TV was more like a small town back then and I'd say, considered in a more rural area. We've grown exponentially so they're working to keep up with that. People might say "well then stop building"....good in theory BUT I'd bet where y'all come from...those areas are growing and changing as well. Y'all moved here for a reason!
Old 11-10-2022, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush View Post
Great conversations and insight. Keep in mind that all hospitals should have some sort of professional standards accreditation and it should be visibly posted for public view. If you have an issue with the facility you can contact the accrediting body and report your concern. You can also get online to find out info about hospitals, clinics, nursing homes, etc, to see if their accredited, what their score, etc, and what problems they've been reported for. You should be checking up on your doctors, medical facilities, etc, to ensure you're getting the best care for you and loved ones. Stay informed and stay well!
I suspect that you know there is an accreditation process. It’s done by CMS. Hospitals fear the days that CMS shows up. Hospitals are rated 1-5. This rating must be posted. This includes phone numbers and addresses to contact CMS. Last I knew TV hospital was a 2.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, true, hospital, visit, medical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.