A Nightmare at TV Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 11-10-2022, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael G. View Post
Since moving here 7 years ago, are the rumors I hear true about TV hospital is run very poorly?
It's overcrowded, dirty, and offers a lot of unprofessional care?

I was there once for a visit a friend and asking in case I need medical care in the future.

If true, maybe driving to Ocala might be a wise choice.

Your Input please.
Advent Health in Ocala.
Great Doctors (cardiology), nurses and the facility is very clean.
Old 11-10-2022, 01:07 PM
Default I have had not had an issue with them.

I have had not had an issue with them especially after they were taken over by UF Health which is also the same as Leesburg Memorial. For anything big like a heart attack, I go to Leesburg Memorial.
Old 11-10-2022, 02:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Bottom line… DON’T EVER USE THE VILLAGES REGIONAL HOSPITAL! It gets the lowest possible ratings of any hospital within 75 miles.

For people in the southern end of TV, you have lots of choices. Advent Health Waterman Hospital in Tavares gets high ratings. For those in the north end, choose from the hospitals in Ocala.

Ask your doctor about TVRH. Mine told me that he had high hopes for improvement when the University of Florida bought both Leesburg and TVRH, but it hasn’t happened.
Old 11-10-2022, 03:17 PM
Location: Country Club Hills/Charlotte,NC/Concord,NC/Jacksonville,FL
Default Your story is spot on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arickis View Post
There are many horror stories about the villages ER, and after personal experience, it is much worse. In the course of one day we experienced people sleeping on the floor of the er waiting room due to 40 people waiting for rooms. We experienced contaminated blood cultures and poorly done x rays causing unnecessary hospital stays. We experienced rude behavior from the staff when trying to ask simple questions like "when might we be able to get a hospital bed?". Telling us sarcastically that people have been waiting in the halls and the waiting rooms for 48 hours for a bed is unacceptable. Visiting the villages ER was like visiting a third world country ER. The ER should be shut down.
The villages ER is always my last choice. Had to take my adult son there several times by ambulance. It was so disappointing it was almost beyond comprehension. Now i use the ER in Summerfield or Leesburg ER. You’re right it was like a Third World country ER
Old 11-10-2022, 04:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
My wife has been treated numerous times at the Leesburg hospital emergency room. She and I have no complaints with their service. There was only one problem, she had to stay in the emergency room all night before they had a room in the hospital for her. The hospital was full of Covid patients and there just wasn't an available room. She has been admitted 3 times to the hospital and the care and compassion of the staff was as good as any hospital we have had experience with.
I can recommend Leesburg after having 2 open heart surgeries there.
Old 11-10-2022, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

My uncle died in 2007. My aunt took him to TV Regional hospital previously for appointments. My aunt never had a complaint about The Villages, they lived here since 1990 and loved it, except for the hospital. She was very unhappy with the service then too and the waiting times. When they moved here there were about 8000 residents AND the service was invariably very poor at the regional hospital and throughout the time they lived here. It seems nothing has changed, except there are more people to serve now.
Old 11-11-2022, 12:27 PM
Default Hospital

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
My uncle died in 2007. My aunt took him to TV Regional hospital previously for appointments. My aunt never had a complaint about The Villages, they lived here since 1990 and loved it, except for the hospital. She was very unhappy with the service then too and the waiting times. When they moved here there were about 8000 residents AND the service was invariably very poor at the regional hospital and throughout the time they lived here. It seems nothing has changed, except there are more people to serve now.
Not quite sure I understand....... when we moved to TV in 2001 there was NO hospital here. I believe it opened in 2002 or 2003.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,997 Times in 1,729 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inexes@aol.com View Post
Not quite sure I understand....... when we moved to TV in 2001 there was NO hospital here. I believe it opened in 2002 or 2003.
My uncle was not sick till later on in his life, I’m not sure when they started going to the regional hospital, but it was before 2007, and the service at the hospital has NEVER been ok. My aunt usually did not complain, this was the first thing about The Villages she complained about. I would ask her why but she has passed away.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, true, hospital, visit, medical

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.