Great first visit with Dr. Aisenstat at Pinellas Health

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2015, 06:17 PM
Smile Great first visit with Dr. Aisenstat at Pinellas Health

I recently moved here with my husband and 87 year old mom. Both my husband and I are not eligible for medicare as of yet but my mom transferred her New York United Medicare Advantage plan to the Florida United Health Medicare Advantage plan that all of the Health Centers in TV accept. I made the appointment prior to moving here and it was my mom's first visit yesterday.
Dr. Helene was attentive, timely, thorough, and asked comprehensive questions. Her bedside manner certainly made my mother feel comfortable and at ease and when we left my mom said "I really feel that I was listened to and was heard." That was extraordinary because at 87 she has absolutely no filter and can at times be difficult to please! lol My mother received home health aid services in NY and her former doctor wrote a script that indicated she should receive the maximum home health aid service available via United Health Care Insurance.
Long story short, a nurse visited my mom TODAY (24 hour turn around) and she has a physical therapist scheduled for Monday to visit at home and assess her needs. Under United Health if a patient's health needs require home health service that assists with bathing, socialization, light housekeeping, etc the patient is entitled to 35 hours per week with a maximum of 8 hours per day. My mom opted for service M, W, F from 10-4. I called United Health and all this is covered. I was told that many members of United Health are not aware of this service.
I am so pleased regarding the turn around time for all these services. I also received a call from the podiatrist that Dr. Helene referred my mother to so that I could schedule an appointment for that.
I can't say enough about my most recent experiences with the Villages Health. We did have to take my mom to the ER last week when we first arrived and we went to The Villages Hospital. It is unfortunate that the ER is terribly understaffed. Thank goodness she was released and is doing well, however, prior to our arrival we were told that there was a 9-10 hour wait.
I will opt for Leesburg if there is another need for an ER.
I am so excited to be a frog!!!
Old 04-18-2015, 08:50 AM
Veteran member

I am happy with her husband Dr. Robert also at Pinellas. Too bad Village Hospital ER is still not to,the level of Village Health. In emergency, my wife had to be taken to Ocala. This should not be.
Old 04-18-2015, 09:00 AM
Sage
Default Great first visit with Dr. Aisenstat at Pinellas Health

If you think you may need to use the ER, both TVRH and Leesburg post their current waiting times on the web.

http://www.cfhalliance.org/

TVRH is at 28 minutes, and Leesburg is 16 minutes as I write this.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.