Non invasive spinal surgery??

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2015, 07:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Inactivity is the enemy of your body....especially at our age.

Amen to that.
Old 03-03-2015, 07:50 PM

Lots of good advice for you so far. all surgery is invasive. don't use docs who won't take medicare plus the suplemement. If your pain "comes and goes" its not as serious as I have heard about and experienced. do check out the many references sent to you here.
Old 03-03-2015, 10:52 PM
Default Ronzo and Bono's new facility

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I did a search on Gulf Coast Spinal Institute and doctors Ronzo and Bono.

After a fair amount of research I concluded there are no others who "specialize" in the non invasive procedure.

I had my MRIs done and consulted with Bono. Diagnosed with a ruptured disc in the lumbar area of the spine.

I am impressed with Dr. Bono. Their facility in Tampa is state of the art and specifically designed for non invasive spinal procedures.

The bad news was because their facility does not meet medicare guidelines....their facility is too specific....there are some costs that are out of pocket that would not be at a hospital (with standard open surgery).
Estimated cost.....$13,000.

That is a lot of money however if it does everything as advertised and the procedure is not available anywhere else.....one has to give the option due consideration.

Any others experienced with these doctors and costs.

Anybody aware of any other organization that does the non invasive procedure?
I am so sad to hear this. My husband has 5 bad discs, L1-5 and I have L4-5 and S1 with severe sciatica. Just today, our Internist told us to make appointments with Dr. Bono to discuss surgery. After hearing this about their new facility not taking Medicare, I'm afraid that leaves us out.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:53 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
I am so sad to hear this. My husband has 5 bad discs, L1-5 and I have L4-5 and S1 with severe sciatica. Just today, our Internist told us to make appointments with Dr. Bono to discuss surgery. After hearing this about their new facility not taking Medicare, I'm afraid that leaves us out.
Keep checking with them. What they are probably lacking is the necessary inspection by the state health department before a license can be granted. Once that occurs the facility will be granted "deemed" status by Medicare. I seriously doubt that they have made a decision to NOT accept Medicare. That does not make good financial sense in FL. If they have, I'd certainly be surprised.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:49 PM
Sage

What's the cause of "bad discs"? Does it have anything to do with osteoporosis of the spine? Is it possible for both to occur at the same time?

http://nof.org/articles/18
Old 03-04-2015, 06:31 PM
Veteran member

The doctors take medicare and the supplements but the new facility is not yet approved. Husband is going to wait until they get the approval.
Old 04-17-2015, 03:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Update on Dr. Ronzo and Dr. Bono.
of Gulf Coast Spine Institute and Biospine in Tampa.

My daughter had the minimal invasive surgery yeaterday. All went as expected and 5 hours later she walked to the car!!!!

While at the Biospine location I did have a chance to talk to Dr. Bono about medicare. He confirmed again the new facility is not covered by medicare and could "take a year or two to get approved". That is approval for the facility. The doctors are coverd by medicare.

I know I stated it before but for me to have the surgery at their new facility would cost around $13,000. I am fortunate to have a condition that is chronic. And I can extend the time between episodes by being more careful.
I continue my search for medicare approved coverage for the minimally invasive procedure.
Old 04-18-2015, 07:46 AM

I am looking for recommendations for surgeons who do minimally invasive surgery for stenosis of the back.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balesschool View Post
I am looking for recommendations for surgeons who do minimally invasive surgery for stenosis of the back.
A friend of mine just had minimally invasive back surgery from Dr. Hill and is pleased. She is back to doing everything except golf at this point and it has just been 3 weeks.
Old 04-18-2015, 08:11 AM
Gold member

Another vote for Dr bono who Dad just had spine surgery by
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.