not just The Villages Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 09-19-2017, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by suesiegel View Post
Cause there are many.

Personal experience on Long Island. I severely cut my knee.

We're talking blood pouring out. I closed it up best I could with adhesive tape. Since, the bleeding did not stop after half an hour or so. I called my sister, who showed up with her new car to take me to the hospital. I put an air mattress under my knee and off we went. By the time we got to the hospital, there was enough blood on the air mattress that I spilled it out.

The emergency room was filled with people coughing etc.

Top priority, fill out the paperwork, insurance coverage etc.

I sort of enjoyed leaving a trail of blood on the floor. I sat in the waiting room creating a six to eight inch puddle of blood on the floor. They bumped some guy with a heart attack in front of the line and that made sense.

There was a crowd of people waiting. A young kid comes in with his father and a sweatshirt over his front. Loud enough for all to hear-seems he got his ding a ling caught in his zipper. I HAD HAD ENOUGH.

I shouted out to hell with his ...........I've been sitting here for almost an hour bleeding on your .........floor. At last they took me in. Truth, they took me into a room just to shut me up. So there I sat bleeding on the bed. I saw some guy emptying trash. Somebody told that guy to remove my bandages. YUP, THE GUY WAS JUST EMPTYING TRASH CANS. I told him you better not do that. So he takes off the bandages and blood is now pouring out.

At last they found a doctor. Nice guy. He laughed and said there was no way in hell bandages were going to close that. About twelve stitches later it finally mostly stopped bleeding. I was a bit amused that before I filled out the paperwork with blood leaking all over the floor-I walked in.

On the way out they insisted I leave in a wheelchair-I think they said it was INSURANCE REGULATIONS.

Sounds like Good Sam [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2017, 02:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

But many in TV would tell you that is better service then they get here

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 09-19-2017, 07:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
maybe so, but I had to wonder why no friend or family interceded for the patients who died in the assisted living during and after the hurricane from heat and dehydration. They visited the place, saw the conditions, but did nothing. They assumed the patients were being taken care of. Then they lamented the dying of their friend or family member. I have worked in a hospital for 28 years. I have seen what kind of mistakes are made, how things get overlooked, fall the cracks. I have seen the deterioration of my friend over the past weeks and know how sick she's been...the staff is just taking numbers, they don't know how seriously ill she is. if something bad had happened to my friend, and I had done nothing thinking they were doing their jobs, I could not live with myself. and I shouldn't have been lied to initially.
I agree with you 100%. You aren't the type of person who turns their head and hopes for the best. Especially in hospitals, the best may never come. This women is very lucky to have you looking over her shoulder. Keep it up....you may just save her life. God bless you......
Old 09-19-2017, 08:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
maybe so, but I had to wonder why no friend or family interceded for the patients who died in the assisted living during and after the hurricane from heat and dehydration. They visited the place, saw the conditions, but did nothing. They assumed the patients were being taken care of. Then they lamented the dying of their friend or family member. I have worked in a hospital for 28 years. I have seen what kind of mistakes are made, how things get overlooked, fall the cracks. I have seen the deterioration of my friend over the past weeks and know how sick she's been...the staff is just taking numbers, they don't know how seriously ill she is. if something bad had happened to my friend, and I had done nothing thinking they were doing their jobs, I could not live with myself. and I shouldn't have been lied to initially.
Props to you for caring enough for your friend to check with the hospital to see what's going on. I'm sure the..... (no, I won't say it) would have done the same thing if it had been someone he/she cared about.

What happened in Hollywood, FL was horrible; maybe if someone has spoken up sooner that horrific incident wouldn't have happened.
Old 09-20-2017, 07:51 AM
Platinum member

have just posted on an experience with my friend at The Villages. night and day experience. The care she is receiving at the Villages Hospital has been good. yes, long wait, yes she's still in the ER but in a bed getting fluids and tests.
Old 09-21-2017, 08:14 PM

I have nothing but praise for Leesburg Regional, having had first hand experience myself as a patient in February, and also had to bring my husband there this week. We each arrived at the ER when it was extremely busy. We both were triaged promptly, quickly evaluated, and then admitted. Doctors and nurses were wonderful.
Closed Thread

Tags
waiting, ivs, told, hospital, called

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.