obamacare

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2015, 01:48 PM
Default obamacare

I would like to speak to someone in person about some questions I have regarding Obamacare....is there an office in the VILLAGES or close by? many thanks for any info..

sonja
Old 02-20-2015, 02:41 PM
Sage

I didn't think there were any offices that you could actually go to. I think you can only call the contact number on their website.
Old 02-20-2015, 02:43 PM

actually there are, but i wanted to know if anyone has been to any of them....
Old 02-20-2015, 03:10 PM
Sage
Go to healthcare.gov and click on find local help and insert your zip code. This will put you in touch with the nearest office.
Old 02-20-2015, 04:14 PM

You can go and talk to one of the brokers at the BCBS office on CR101
From my experience, BCBS is the only game in town if you'll be using the healtchare marketplace. If you are eligible for Medicare, then the story is different, but I still suggest talking to the professionals at the local insurance office
Old 02-20-2015, 05:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapple View Post
You can go and talk to one of the brokers at the BCBS office on CR101
From my experience, BCBS is the only game in town if you'll be using the healtchare marketplace. If you are eligible for Medicare, then the story is different, but I still suggest talking to the professionals at the local insurance office
That BCBS office is top notch and a one stop shop for your healthcare insurance needs.
Old 02-20-2015, 07:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post
actually there are, but i wanted to know if anyone has been to any of them....

That's great. Last year when I was looking into it, I was told by them on the telephone that there were no offices to go to.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

You better hurry because the government is shutting down the health insurance business for 6 months in a few of days.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:59 AM

They are closing the registration. And I'm just researching...Not retiring for 18 months or so....thanks...
Old 02-21-2015, 10:14 AM
Email Reported As Spam

I can help. You can keep your health insurance plan if you want to. You can keep your doctors if you want to, cost for the purchase of insurance will continue downward as will co pays and deductibles and your benefits will only increase each year. and Oh doctors love the plan
Old 02-21-2015, 10:20 AM

Let's try this. This is for when my husband is 62 and I will be 60. My husband will be employed until then and will get his healthcare through his employer as he always as. What happens after he retires? He will not have health insurance and I will not either. To cobra it would be way too expensive.
Old 02-21-2015, 11:30 AM
Veteran member

I went to the BCBS office on CR 101. They told me until I was a permanent resident of Florida, they really couldn't help me. If you are a resident, they are the people that can help, and they are very personable and professional.

I used the government website to get my health insurance in Virginia. It was very easy and the payment is reasonable for the insurance I chose. That was just MY personal experience.

Wanda
Village of Collier

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before. ~Mae West

Old 02-21-2015, 12:00 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by njsonja View Post
Let's try this. This is for when my husband is 62 and I will be 60. My husband will be employed until then and will get his healthcare through his employer as he always as. What happens after he retires? He will not have health insurance and I will not either. To cobra it would be way too expensive.
COBRA is what the insurance actually costs.

Why should the taxpayer now "subsidize" what the employee is no longer earning, and the employer had been "subsidizing" for decades?
Old 02-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubicon View Post
I can help. You can keep your health insurance plan if you want to. You can keep your doctors if you want to, cost for the purchase of insurance will continue downward as will co pays and deductibles and your benefits will only increase each year. and Oh doctors love the plan
Rubicon, you're a riot!! And of course, you're dead nuts right on it!! (Having trouble getting my tongue out of my cheek! How are you doing?)!!
Old 02-21-2015, 02:03 PM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedquick View Post
Rubicon, you're a riot!! And of course, you're dead nuts right on it!! (Having trouble getting my tongue out of my cheek! How are you doing?)!!
Hi tedquick: I have been busy assisting the moderators with the political forum. It appears there are a couple of the TOPIX recalcitrants interfering with the forum. Its like the scorpion story, they will sting irrespective of the consequences. This in itself is a problem can you imagine trying to have a point counterpoint conversation with these guys.....I believe Obama is wrong......your a racist Huh?

My favorite shows are back on and that helps me calm me down Vikings, The Americans, Justify, Walking Dead

Personal Best Regards:
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.