Observation in the moment

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2020, 07:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts
Default Observation in the moment

Many don’t realize that if you need any treatment when Covid shut down everything. You were put on hold.
So depending on the facility, if you were diagnosed with cancer, needed treatment, or stem cell, bone marrow, or transplants most new diagnosis were put on hold.

As some worry about leaving their home and what they might encounter, in a restaurant, playing golf, or swimming. There are many that will lose their life, never coming in contact with virus.

In March 59yo in-law diagnosis stage 4 esophageal cancer. Had to wait to insert port until this week. No background in healthcare.

Best friends 60yo spouse diagnosed with liver/ kidney stage 3 in March. Treatment delay until this week. Both patient, and spouse CRNAs.

While waiting may or may not have an effect on survival, delay on treatment is never in their favor.

Many of my surgical colleagues have been furloughed with no date or guarantees of return. Those who are working have removed themselves from their families.

As I reflect on my day, knowing there are many who are delayed for treatment, how was their day. My multiple years of experience gives me the advantages of worry, but not fear.

So no matter how bad you think your decisions for today were. There are thousands that wish they could be in your shoes.

Last edited by asianthree; 05-05-2020 at 08:05 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
treatment, delay, stage, diagnosis, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.