Ocala Eye

Old 11-06-2017, 04:23 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Ocala Eye

Ocala Eye

Ocala Eye is the largest and most experienced Eye Care Center in North Central Florida. For over 40 years, our 12 Board Certified Surgeons have provided comprehensive medical and surgical eye care to the people of Ocala and the Villages. Services include ophthalmology, optometry, aesthetics, hearing and a complete Optical center for frames and lens prescriptions. Our expertise lies in leading edge diagnosis, treatments and surgeries, including cataract surgery, LASIK and more.

Supported with the latest technology our doctors provide patients with an unsurpassed quality of care in any of our five locations, where we are able to perform the most advanced glaucoma and cataract surgery with premium lens implants, as well as, full aesthetics and hearing services. We specialize in helping our patients maintain and improve their vision, skin, and hearing so they can live life to the fullest.

CALL TODAY
352-622-5183

CLICK HERE TO VISIT WEBSITE

Last edited by Ad poster; 11-19-2019 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-12-2020, 07:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,008 Times in 1,003 Posts

very good, very professional & very prescise, but also very slow. plan to spend the day, bring snacks & drinks for kids, books or fone for grown-ups
Old 03-12-2020, 10:19 AM

My wife had a bad experience. We moved down from Boston. She was trying to establish a doctor down here. She has some eye problems. The doctor at Ocala Eye refused to talk to her doctor in Boston. Enough said
Old 03-24-2020, 02:09 PM
Default Ocala Eye reply plan to spend the day

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugMom View Post
very good, very professional & very prescise, but also very slow. plan to spend the day, bring snacks & drinks for kids, books or fone for grown-ups
Hello PugMom,
Did you have to wait that long in Ocala Eye? I had an appointment for cataract surgery that I was supposed to have back North but now we can’t travel. So, I made an appointment with Ocala Eye of course this was canceled also until further notice. I will take into consideration this long wait as I have other health issues which would pose an issue with the wait.
Did you feel it was worth the wait?
Old 03-24-2020, 02:12 PM
Default Enough said refusal of Dr. speaking to prior Dr. in Boston

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
My wife had a bad experience. We moved down from Boston. She was trying to establish a doctor down here. She has some eye problems. The doctor at Ocala Eye refused to talk to her doctor in Boston. Enough said
This is very sad to hear and not thorough on the Drs. part. I understand the Dr. wants to see for himself but he sounds a bit foolish not to get her history or take the time to speak on the phone. I too have an extensive eye history and am wondering if this is a mistake now!
Good luck
Old 04-07-2020, 09:55 PM

We have been seeing Dr Morris at Ocala Eye since 2011. This a a very popular practice so there is usually a wait. But if you’re looking for a excellent care, it’s well worth the wait.
Old 04-08-2020, 05:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,144 Times in 830 Posts

Be aware that this practice demands you give up your right to a trial by jury if they potentially commit malpractice. They make you sign a form that you will not see until your surgery is scheduled that you agree to binding arbitration, with an arbiter they accept unless they have recently improved their office routine.

I don't know if they have had issues with litigation, but even if they have, they should not be viewing a patient as a litigant. Trial by jury is a foundational right. I would not get in a taxi if the driver, even one with a sterling record, demanded I waive my right to sue him if he ran a red light, crashed, and I was injured. Why would I agree to waive my right with a doctor? Just don't make an avoidable mistake. The risk of being sued is part of the practice of medicine.

Don't force me to give up my rights to save yourself a few dollars on your insurance cost. Ophthalmology is one of the most desirable residencies for medical students. It provides a short work week, very high income, very rare emergencies, and you only work on a clean body part. I think that having to put up with an occasional lawsuit is not too much to ask in what is an otherwise fairly low stress field of medicine.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:07 AM
Default Ocala Eye Negative Report

I have eye issues and my doctor recommended them after he did his research. I do not doubt their knowledge, but I have a problem when I feel like I’m on an conveyor belt pushed through the system. The coldness and lack of any personal exchange and the abruptness of the doctor and the staff is not acceptable to me. It may as well be a robot treating me, at least I could expect that treatment from a robot, not my doctor! I have given it time and thought perhaps they were busy with backlog. I’m convinced it’s all about the numbers and money. They also have no regard for your time, I agree, pack a lunch, bring a book, take a nap, they will wake you up & put you back on the conveyor belt for more cold treatment!
Old 05-06-2021, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marjorie Bostrom View Post
I have eye issues and my doctor recommended them after he did his research. I do not doubt their knowledge, but I have a problem when I feel like I’m on an conveyor belt pushed through the system. The coldness and lack of any personal exchange and the abruptness of the doctor and the staff is not acceptable to me. It may as well be a robot treating me, at least I could expect that treatment from a robot, not my doctor! I have given it time and thought perhaps they were busy with backlog. I’m convinced it’s all about the numbers and money. They also have no regard for your time, I agree, pack a lunch, bring a book, take a nap, they will wake you up & put you back on the conveyor belt for more cold treatment!
Are you sure you were at Ocala Eye????
I've gone there for 7 years, I'm very happy, and I'm certainly in a position to know.
Old 05-06-2021, 11:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Be aware that this practice demands you give up your right to a trial by jury if they potentially commit malpractice. They make you sign a form that you will not see until your surgery is scheduled that you agree to binding arbitration, with an arbiter they accept unless they have recently improved their office routine.

I don't know if they have had issues with litigation, but even if they have, they should not be viewing a patient as a litigant. Trial by jury is a foundational right. I would not get in a taxi if the driver, even one with a sterling record, demanded I waive my right to sue him if he ran a red light, crashed, and I was injured. Why would I agree to waive my right with a doctor? Just don't make an avoidable mistake. The risk of being sued is part of the practice of medicine.

Don't force me to give up my rights to save yourself a few dollars on your insurance cost. Ophthalmology is one of the most desirable residencies for medical students. It provides a short work week, very high income, very rare emergencies, and you only work on a clean body part. I think that having to put up with an occasional lawsuit is not too much to ask in what is an otherwise fairly low-stress field of medicine.
I had the same experience. And while I understand the purpose of the binding arbitration, I had a real problem with the way it was presented. They wait until just before surgery and spring it on you. No mention prior to it, nothing. You are all set to have the procedures and suddenly you have to sign away your rights.

Also, not only YOU give up your rights, but if you go blind or die because of negligence or any reason your family and heirs can not sure either. Basically, they have no responsibility for anything that happens.

No thanks.

It didn't feel honest to me, so I canceled and went somewhere else.
Old 05-06-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

My parents went there for as long as we lived in the Villages. Or, it seems like it and they have always been very professional if at times you do have to wait.
Old 05-06-2021, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Fifteen years, two surgeries always professional, competent.
Occasionally have to wait, why ? Patients before me had too many questions. Have always given me the time for relative questions.
If your looking for someone discuss your life history……find a priest or a pastor.
Old 05-13-2021, 01:41 PM
Default Ocala Eye Negative Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Are you sure you were at Ocala Eye????
I've gone there for 7 years, I'm very happy, and I'm certainly in a position to know.
Wonderful! However, perhaps I had a different doctor than you.
I expect & want caring conversation about my visit, not impersonal sound bites. I am not a specimen on a slide, I am a human who is paying dearly for their services. I expect a friendly greeting at the front desk. Hello Ms. Bostrom, please follow me. I expect the doctor to walk in and say hello and talk with me not at me. Perhaps that type of service is acceptable to you, it's not to me. If we don't set the standards, the influence and quality of our standards will be deminished, take a good look at how things have changed, how America has changed. We are fortunate that the standards are much better here than many places, I hope Ocala Eye takes this to heart. My comments were directed at the coldness and NOT the lack of professional knowledge.
Old 08-04-2022, 11:06 AM
Thumbs down Won't accept new patients if had cataract surgery

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddymac1127 View Post
My wife wanted to start going to Ocala Eye for routine eye exams. Guess what? They refused to accept her as a new patient because she had cataract surgery someplace else (St Luke's). That's the stupidist thing we ever heard of. All she wanted was a place to go for routine eye exams!
Old 03-08-2023, 09:09 AM
Default Great doctors

I've been going to Ocala Eye since moving to The Villages 12 years ago. I've always been treated well. The doctors have been very good about answering questions and taking time to address my concerns. Yes, there is often a wait. But it's probably because of people like me who have severe eye issues (severe glaucoma) and ask a ton of questions. My doctor has never made me feel like they didn't have time for me and have answered every question, no matter how crazy. For those who don't like a long wait and have minor issues or just need a new eyeglass prescription, I would suggest you choose an optometrist at their practice and not an opthalmologist who deals with diseases of the eye and whose patients need more care.

Tags
care, center, eye, ocala, surgery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.