One Blood and Corona Virus testing.

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2020, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts
Default One Blood and Corona Virus testing.

I have donated platelets and whole blood at One Blood in June and July of 2020 and have had four tests for the Corona Virus antibody. All of these were negative. Donate Now | OneBlood | OneBlood

If you can donate blood and need a Corona Virus test you might consider this option and during these months have had to only wait at the most 4 days to get the results.

I wear a mask whenever in social situations where I might me six feet of closer.

If in an wide open space with a lot of opportunity to keep a good distance from people-- like at a large dog park-- I do not wear the mask but try to keep track of places I have touched and to use the hand sanitizer when needed.

If One Blood is not in your location you might want to consider some other blood donation gatherer like Life South, the Red Cross, etc.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:13 AM
Gold member

I also donate platelets at One Blood. Been negative 4 times as well. I asked if anyone has tested positive but nobody knows. If we do test positive, what does it mean? They don't know that either. I have even asked on the questionnaire they email no answer there either.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftyf View Post
I also donate platelets at One Blood. Been negative 4 times as well. I asked if anyone has tested positive but nobody knows. If we do test positive, what does it mean? They don't know that either. I have even asked on the questionnaire they email no answer there either.
A positive test result for Corona Virus 19 would seem to me to mean you need to see your physician and ASAP.
Old 07-17-2020, 02:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
A positive test result for Corona Virus 19 would seem to me to mean you need to see your physician and ASAP.
Your physician does not want to see you. Skype maybe, then tell you to shelter in place.

Tags
blood, virus, corona, wear, mask

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.