Options for forward thinking, new age or holistic pain treatment - Not Pot please

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for forward thinking, new age or holistic pain treatment options in The Villages. (not interested in pot)

Spinal compression issues and widespread nerve pain to be specific.

Much appreciated.
Hi. I’m a holistic health and wellness coach and own Harvest Health. I work with many people with similar symptoms I typically recommend and make essential oil blends as well as lifestyle, nutrition and pain mgmt. i also teach classes.
I have 100% pure therapeutic Cbd balms and oils too. Have a lot of success if you are looking for natural health and would ever like to talk. Prayers for renewed strength and joy. Take care!
Old 07-24-2021, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz View Post
Did you actually get your medical marijuana card and go and actually speak to the customer service and white pain you’re going through and what you’re looking for and how to relieve that pain. You will not get a good relief of higher pain with over the counter oils. Have you looked into Microdosing mushrooms? Yoga is an other great way to reduce pain.
I sure did. Two different times.
Old 07-24-2021, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRP2TV View Post
I'm looking for recommendations for forward thinking, new age or holistic pain treatment options in The Villages. (not interested in pot)

Spinal compression issues and widespread nerve pain to be specific.

Much appreciated.

I have allot of back issues, one thing that helps immensely is wearing shoes with fantastic arch support.
Gets everything in line the way it should be.

Last edited by Spalumbos62; 07-24-2021 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 07-24-2021, 09:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

It seems to me that these kinds of alternative treatments should not be called forward thinking. IMHO, they are backward thinking and harken back to the days where herbs were thought to cure everything and treatments such as bleeding and blowing tobacco smoke up one's rectum were thought to be helpful.

So many advances have been made in medicine over the past century that have extend human life and eased pain and suffering I don't know why people would turn their backs on them.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:11 AM
Gold member

I have some of the same issues. For me the best thing is movement. Tai Chi and or Qigong will definitely help a lot. There are several classes here in The Villages. Try Qigong at 1 pm Weds at Coconut Cove Rec Center and also at 9:30 am Friday at Colony Rec Center. But of course the key is you need to do some everyday and it takes a little while to start to feel the effects.
Also on YouTube there are many of these flow routines. Look for Lee Holden and David Dorian Ross, they are the best.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
It seems to me that these kinds of alternative treatments should not be called forward thinking. IMHO, they are backward thinking and harken back to the days where herbs were thought to cure everything and treatments such as bleeding and blowing tobacco smoke up one's rectum were thought to be helpful.

So many advances have been made in medicine over the past century that have extend human life and eased pain and suffering I don't know why people would turn their backs on them.
Well, you're welcome to your opinion. My experience and opinion is that I've had a lot of success with herbs, yoga, etc. and not so much with "modern medicine" on quite a few issues including my back. To each their own. Let the OP ask whatever they choose to ask.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,505 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrf6969 View Post
What is the name of this company that branched off of Young Living?
doTERRA. And they're just as bad and in some cases, even worse.
Old 07-24-2021, 09:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,505 Times in 3,104 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharonaha View Post
Hi. I’m a holistic health and wellness coach and own Harvest Health. I work with many people with similar symptoms I typically recommend and make essential oil blends as well as lifestyle, nutrition and pain mgmt. i also teach classes.
I have 100% pure therapeutic Cbd balms and oils too. Have a lot of success if you are looking for natural health and would ever like to talk. Prayers for renewed strength and joy. Take care!
Do you mean the Harvest Health cannabis dispensary in Gainseville? The OP has already been very clear and specific that he's not interested in cannabis or related products. Also, anyone can call themselves a health and wellness coach. Not sure why you say that, it has no significance.

-Love,
The Official Certified Wellness Expert of Wholeness
Old 07-24-2021, 10:13 AM

I, personally, would see Pain Management. I would recommend Shands Pain Management clinic to be considered for RFA (radio frequency ablation therapy). Shands is one of the finest hospitals and clinics in the country. I recently had RFA on my knee. After four surgeries on my left knee, the nerves were horribly inflamed. My surgeon, also from Shands, referred me to them. It has brought my pain level down 80% and I’m finally able to tolerate physical therapy. Unfortunately, the nerves grow back, but another treatment is all that is needed. Could last 6-12 months or more depending on ones situation. I won’t take opioids, or anything but Tylenol so I know for a fact this has greatly improved my quality of life. Good luck.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:24 AM
Platinum member

Not referencing the OP, but I find it interesting that so many people search for magic bullets and pixie dust while so few make lifestyle changes.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:53 AM

I'm assuming you have already tried a very good chiropractor. A little bit of traction by a chiropractor helped me a few times. An inversion table (or other devices) can be purchased for home use to help relieve a compressed spine. Also a customized back brace could work.

I saw a comment from someone with arthritis swear by using Collagen Peptides. I tried them and found they helped immensely shortly after starting them. There are different types and some are for bones - I find the powders better than the capsules. He also recommended bone broth which I haven't yet tried.
Old 07-24-2021, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
I have not, but have you tried/considered acupuncture?

Mulberry Integrative Medicine
910 Old Camp Rd #192
352-430-2720
Acupuncture is a mistake when I had frozen shoulder - adhesive capsilitis after a nasty fall on ice the only real relief was acupuncture. Only go to an Asian acupuncturist as they know where to place the needles it was wonderful. Hopefully your insurance will cover it!
Old 07-24-2021, 11:53 AM

Please let me know about doc’s referral. In nerve pain for 30 years
Thanks
Old 07-24-2021, 02:32 PM

Look for someone that is certified in functional medician. I am working with one for several issues and it has been a God sent. Good luck
Old 07-24-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

Because I have been trying them for 8 years and I’m worse than ever.

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, options, forward, thinking, age

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.