The Orthopedic Institute

Closed Thread
Old 04-29-2017, 05:00 PM
Default The Orthopedic Institute

Wondering if anyone has had Dr. John Stevenson at The Orthopedic Institute in Gainesville for back surgery?
Old 04-29-2017, 05:44 PM

Just be careful. I do not know the extent of your proposed back surgery or whether you have just shrugged off every medical issue you have had up to now including major surgery. Back surgery is different. If it works, no problem. If it does not, years pass without a satisfactory resolution. Question your physician, and then do it again. Get a second opinion. Should anyone smile and say they can fix you problem with relative confidence be wary.
Old 05-30-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
Just be careful. I do not know the extent of your proposed back surgery or whether you have just shrugged off every medical issue you have had up to now including major surgery. Back surgery is different. If it works, no problem. If it does not, years pass without a satisfactory resolution. Question your physician, and then do it again. Get a second opinion. Should anyone smile and say they can fix you problem with relative confidence be wary.
I'll second that, and add that it's always best to read your MRI reports, look up any words you don't understand, so that you have your own full understanding of your reports before interviewing your doctors.

Doctors call them "consultations". I call them interviews, because that's really what they are, when you're talking about surgery.
Closed Thread

Tags
institute, orthopedic, gainesville, back, surgery

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.