Ostio and Rheumatoid arthritis

Closed Thread
Old 06-23-2022, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagetinker View Post
Thank you all for the info and comments so far, a lot of this is what my wife has already tried or is currently doing, hoping for something she has not tried yet.
If she has not tried turmeric, highly recommend.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:00 AM

Dr. Catherine Sullivan
restored my life
Referred by my Primary Care Dr.
Had to wait 2 months for appointment
Old 06-23-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrafty View Post
I was referred to Dr. Kennth Stark in Tavares and saw him last week for the first time. I was very happy with him and Dr. Blum and felt they were well worth the 45 min drive. They spent a lot of time with me, and explained things in a way I could understand them. They think there are a couple things going on and gave me a couple of options to ease the pain. Prednisone was one, but it whacks me out and once done with it, the pain comes back. My other option is Methotrexate, which they monitor closely with bloodwork. I think I'm going to go that route. I hope your wife gets some relief soon.
My husband has been seeing Dr. Stark since 2010 and wouldn’t leave him for anything. He doesn’t accept Advantage plans. Regular Medicare pays for infusions that can only be done in a doctor’s office. Dr. Stark is very knowledgeable about these and his office does administer them. He also used to be (may still be) on the state Medicare board for rheumatology.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:27 AM
Default Arthritis doctor

Quote:
Has anyone found a medican OTC or prescription that works for both of these? Wife is suffering. Also if you have a really good doctor for these conditions that would be appreciated if she decides to change doctors.
Thanks in advance, VT
Not many good arthritis doctors around here. I definitely recommend going to Shands. A bit of a drive but worth it.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Thank you all for the info and comments so far, a lot of this is what my wife has already tried or is currently doing, hoping for something she has not tried yet.
Don't know about RA but if it's OA, take Krill Oil, it helped me a lot. I used have very stiff fingers in the morning.

Cheers!
Old 06-23-2022, 07:35 AM

Schiff Move Free Advanced (not the Ultra) does really work for me. Take 2 in am and 2 in pm. Starts working in about a week. Have used for years. I have tried other brands when on sale etc. always come back to Move Free Advanced (again I say not the Ultra).. I was surprised myself when it actually worked. Must take everyday, if you forget or run out for a week or so it will be like starting from scratch. I hope it works as well for you as it has for me.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:40 AM
Default OTC arthritis med

Quote:
Has anyone found a medican OTC or prescription that works for both of these? Wife is suffering. Also if you have a really good doctor for these conditions that would be appreciated if she decides to change doctors.
Thanks in advance, VT
My OTC is Tylenol for Arthritis. Dr Gresh 352-861-0100 is the Rheumatologist I was referred to. His office is in Ocala, but well worth the drive.
Old 06-23-2022, 07:44 AM

It took about 2.5 - 3 years to figure out what worked for me. Presently on a combo of 2 meds that work for me. The hard part is that some meds take time to build up in your system (4 to 6 Months). It does take time to figure out.
Old 06-23-2022, 08:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobragh View Post
It took about 2.5 - 3 years to figure out what worked for me. Presently on a combo of 2 meds that work for me. The hard part is that some meds take time to build up in your system (4 to 6 Months). It does take time to figure out.
I sent a PM.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:16 AM

I swear by Celebrex for Osteo
Old 06-23-2022, 09:23 AM

I have found some relief with tart cherry extract..Zazee found on Amazon.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:26 AM

I stumbled upon someone suggesting collagen and bone broth. I tried the collagen and I was shocked that it took away most of my pain. I haven't even tried the bone broth yet. I use the Orgain brand 10g per day. If I skip a day I notice the difference.

Everyone is different and different things work for each person.

I like the dietary or OTC supplement approach as it's easier than dealing with docs. I was on celebrex which didn't work well.

I like naprosyn Rx best for pain and next best is OTC naproxen (Aleve). It is better long term use than other common drugs.

A topical CBD also works wonders - Green Roads muscle & joint relief.

I think stem cell treatment is coming along in this area.

It's also possible just getting daily exercise can help. Or losing weight to take stress off your joints.

I prefer a functional doctor who doesn't push Rx meds.

Good luck!
Old 06-23-2022, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Thanks in advance, VT
CBD oil and tart cherry along with Naproxen
Old 06-23-2022, 09:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Thanks in advance, VT
Sorry to hear about your wife, chronic illnesses are difficult for patient and doctor alike. My best advice is to see a good rheumatologist, either locally or at the university. Just as you probably chuckle at the responses to an electrical engineering question when posed on this forum, it is even worse when a medical question is asked.

So far, the suggestions have been "food and a holistic approach", CBD, pineapple juice, collagen, bone broth, tart cherry extract, turmeric, and "possible future stem cell treatments". There have been several well meaning amateurs attempting to give a didactic discourse on OA and RA. No different than past threads and just as expected. Just get to a rheumatologist and let the professionals help her.
Old 06-23-2022, 09:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,875 Times in 949 Posts

The sad reality, we are not 20 anymore. Amusing? Ponce DeLeon discovered Florida in search of the fountain of youth. The Villages in here. With all the digging are they really building homes or searching for the fountain of youth. Imagine home values if they find it.

The best pain killers are opioids. Every drug has side effects. Opioids have as well as being habit forming, the effect diminishes and the does needs to be increased making addiction worse. Aside the same is true of Steroids.

I think it was George Burns who said if I knew I was gonna live this long I woulda taken better care of myself.

Where is that fountain of youth? I need it.
Closed Thread

Tags
ostio, good, doctor, conditions, appreciated

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.