Our Regional Hospital

Closed Thread
Old 05-22-2019, 07:45 PM
Default Our Regional Hospital

I thought it a bit crazy that the CEO of the Villages Regional Hospital would author a general mail delivery booklet in todays mail. Reading the comments of CEO Donald Henderson regarding the VRH, one would think the VRH is on a par with the Mayo Clinic. Has Mr. Henderson forgotten his "hospital" just received a one star rating. Most Villagers have a poor opinion of the Villages Regional Hospital. I personally lay on a ambulance gurney for eight hours in the Emergency Room hallway.
Old 05-22-2019, 09:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

Will be changing hands soon I bet?
Old 05-23-2019, 07:14 AM

I know most of you seem to have had bad experiences at TVRH, BUT I recently (early April) had a great experience. I went there for lung surgery for lung cancer. I had half of my right lung removed. Everthing that I experienced was excellent. The pre admission set up and testing were handled professionally. The surgery went well, thank goodness. The ICU and recovery were excellent and the room was good. I was well taken care of by the nurses and assistants and when I needed something it was taken care of immediately. My only complaint was the same one that we used to experience in Atlanta, which was the length of time that it took to check me out after the doctor/surgeon released me. This was the second time that I had a good experience having surgery at our hospital.
Old 05-23-2019, 08:06 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,753 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpej View Post
I know most of you seem to have had bad experiences at TVRH, BUT I recently (early April) had a great experience. I went there for lung surgery for lung cancer. I had half of my right lung removed. Everthing that I experienced was excellent. The pre admission set up and testing were handled professionally. The surgery went well, thank goodness. The ICU and recovery were excellent and the room was good. I was well taken care of by the nurses and assistants and when I needed something it was taken care of immediately. My only complaint was the same one that we used to experience in Atlanta, which was the length of time that it took to check me out after the doctor/surgeon released me. This was the second time that I had a good experience having surgery at our hospital.

Old 05-23-2019, 09:32 AM
Gold member

Barley made it from the post box to the trash bin.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 05-23-2019, 09:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpej View Post
Thank you for writing about your positive experience, you are among many of us who have had excellent care at our local hospital. My other half just had surgery for the widow maker, they did a great job for him too. We hope you continue to do well.

I am going to hi-jack this thread just a little bit .... my sister in law rides a bike through downtown Toronto, she was knocked off her bike and taken to hospital. During the catscan they found she had a cancer tumor the size of a walnut in her right lung, it was surgically removed and she made an excellent recovery. Great things being done to help cancer patients nowadays.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 05-23-2019, 09:37 AM
Default villages hospital

I too had a GREAT experience at our hospital. I had 3 major blockages. The care that I got saved my life !! We are really blessed to have this center.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:08 AM
Gold member

I recently had an ER experience at our VRH they took me in right away,
because of my symptoms, performed quick tests,
and made swift accurate diagnosis, started treatment right away.
That is why I’m still alive and able to share my VRH experience.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:49 AM
Sage

There seems to be some who would rather bash the hospital and health-care here. Many come from large cities with teaching hospitals etc. Perhaps they were A+ I don't know but I think you could have varying stories anywhere you live and not just here. I've written before that I've had several visits to the ER plus admittances to the hospital as well as 2 surgeries there. We have TVHC and couldn't be happier. The hospital's care was great! BOTH my spouse and I have had experiences with that. My take is...if you don't like it then don't use it but to continually bash something is counter-productive. I've been reading quite a number of positive posts on the local social media sites---so something good is happening, I would say.

People will use the ER as their point of reference. It's many times, the first entry into the hospital and that's the impression folks will take away with. Many use it instead of going to an Urgent Care or setting up with a primary here. The ER isn't a clinic!! As for the ratings....there are several points that play into those and doesn't have to do with the one on one patient care.
Old 05-23-2019, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
There seems to be some who would rather bash the hospital and health-care here. Many come from large cities with teaching hospitals etc. Perhaps they were A+ I don't know but I think you could have varying stories anywhere you live and not just here. I've written before that I've had several visits to the ER plus admittances to the hospital as well as 2 surgeries there. We have TVHC and couldn't be happier. The hospital's care was great! BOTH my spouse and I have had experiences with that. My take is...if you don't like it then don't use it but to continually bash something is counter-productive. I've been reading quite a number of positive posts on the local social media sites---so something good is happening, I would say.

People will use the ER as their point of reference. It's many times, the first entry into the hospital and that's the impression folks will take away with. Many use it instead of going to an Urgent Care or setting up with a primary here. The ER isn't a clinic!! As for the ratings....there are several points that play into those and doesn't have to do with the one on one patient care.

Good Post.

If someone goes to the ER and does not go to a room, see a doctor, etc., for an hour or two or four.............they probably should not be at the ER. Definitely not life threatening.

Old 05-23-2019, 03:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Good Post.

If someone goes to the ER and does not go to a room, see a doctor, etc., for an hour or two or four.............they probably should not be at the ER. Definitely not life threatening.

Not even close.

I can relate stories of my mom needing stitches on several occasions, not to mention falls, where she absolutely needed to go to the emergency room. Regardless, she waited 6+ hours for care on each occasion. Were her injuries life-threatening ? Turns out they weren't, thankfully, but to suggest anyone who goes to an ER and was not seen within two hours and/or placed in a room NOT being an emergency, is ridiculous.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
Not even close.

I can relate stories of my mom needing stitches on several occasions, not to mention falls, where she absolutely needed to go to the emergency room. Regardless, she waited 6+ hours for care on each occasion. Were her injuries life-threatening ? Turns out they weren't, thankfully, but to suggest anyone who goes to an ER and was not seen within two hours and/or placed in a room NOT being an emergency, is ridiculous.

Please note the word, "probably".

And there are always exceptions.

Clinics can do stitches.

"You" never know who or what is ahead of "you".

Old 05-23-2019, 04:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

ER's are triage areas and the patients are prioritized.....but, doesn't matter much, the threads here are usually about bashing the health care system. It's getting old.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-23-2019, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
ER's are triage areas and the patients are prioritized.....but, doesn't matter much, the threads here are usually about bashing the health care system. It's getting old.
True, and once admitted, she received fantastic care, including but not limited to a wonderful hospital doctor at TVRHC.
Old 05-23-2019, 04:53 PM
Platinum member

If it wasn't for THE FAMILY the hospital would not be here. Let's start thanking them, not bashing !!!

Tags
hospital, regional, mail, henderson, vrh

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.