Pain Management Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 10-03-2018, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Pain Management Doctor

Has anyone had any experience with a pain management doctor?

I've been on a pain reliever for many years and now a law has been passed that says that I can no longer have it.

I've been referred to a pain management doctor and I am very skeptical. I can't imagine what can be done to alleviate chronic pain.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-03-2018, 02:50 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Has anyone had any experience with a pain management doctor?

I've been on a pain reliever for many years and now a law has been passed that says that I can no longer have it.

I've been referred to a pain management doctor and I am very skeptical. I can't imagine what can be done to alleviate chronic pain.
Wife was on Tramadol(Ultram for 8 yrs). Severe osteoarthritis , scoliosis, other spine problems .Could not renew prescription after 7/1/18. GP referred her to Dr Pannimaneni (offices in TV and Leesburg) He reviewed her case and immediately renewed her prescription . Now she must return for review each 3 months. Hope this helps!!
Old 10-03-2018, 02:52 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

It’s the first step. Pain management is the only way you can move on.
I know many good physicians that have been successful with many patients.
Old 10-03-2018, 03:26 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
Wife was on Tramadol(Ultram for 8 yrs). Severe osteoarthritis , scoliosis, other spine problems .Could not renew prescription after 7/1/18. GP referred her to Dr Pannimaneni (offices in TV and Leesburg) He reviewed her case and immediately renewed her prescription . Now she must return for review each 3 months. Hope this helps!!
I had to call their GP office every month and get a one month refill. Originally, I was getting a three month supply and then a law was passed forcing me to have to get it every month. Initially, I had to get a written prescription and hand carry it to the pharmacy. Then for some reason that changed and they were able to fax it over. Now I'm told, I can't have it at all.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 10-03-2018, 05:49 PM
Veteran member

My wife gets her once a month script from Dr Vance Elshire-Simed Medical in Ocala-have you considered a neuro stimulator?-PM if you want to discuss it
Old 10-04-2018, 11:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
I had my prescription renewed after July 1. I believe that some new law was passed since then. I'm wondering if your wife's prescription will be renewed next time around.

I'm going to see Dr Pannimaneni next week.

I'm skeptical and cynical about things like this, especially when the government is involved. I wonder how much pressure has been put on our representatives by lobby's representing, pain management clinics, the medical marijuana industry and/or insurance companies.

My Tramadol was being paid for 100% by my insurance. My primary care visits are also paid for 100%. I have to wonder if insurance companies are tired of paying for these drugs and want to force people into paying for their treatments and medications out of their pockets. I assume that there will be a co-pay for pain management. I know that hardly any insurance covers medical marijuana and I don't know about any other medications that pain management might prescribe.

I wonder if this whole opioid crisis is made up or at least embellished by agencies who will benefit by denying these medications to people.

Old 10-04-2018, 11:58 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Quote:
I had my prescription renewed after July 1. I believe that some new law was passed since then. I'm wondering if your wife's prescription will be renewed next time around.

I'm going to see Dr Pannimaneni next week.

I'm skeptical and cynical about things like this, especially when the government is involved. I wonder how much pressure has been put on our representatives by lobby's representing, pain management clinics, the medical marijuana industry and/or insurance companies.

My Tramadol was being paid for 100% by my insurance. My primary care visits are also paid for 100%. I have to wonder if insurance companies are tired of paying for these drugs and want to force people into paying for their treatments and medications out of their pockets. I assume that there will be a co-pay for pain management. I know that hardly any insurance covers medical marijuana and I don't know about any other medications that pain management might prescribe.

I wonder if this whole opioid crisis is made up or at least embellished by agencies who will benefit by denying these medications to people.
No it’s not made up the opioid crisis is very real. Even when you have surgery in today’s world opioids are not used, no prescribed, to prevent you from this very issue.

The ED is packed with those who have issues with the new law. Doctors stopped prescribing opioids on their own when they realized patients were asking for scripts beyond what they should have needed.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
I have a friend who works for a drug treatment clinic up north and I can assure you that it is indeed a crisis. Many of these addicts were initially prescribed opiates and got addicted to them. No one gave a second thought to taking something they were prescribed until they found they couldn't stop and opiates are the worst addiction because they chemically alter the brain.
I'm sure that has happened, but to what percentage of people who were taking opioids? I know of several people who are on Tramadol, including myself who have no problem. In the past, I've forgotten to take a dose and other than experiencing pain, I felt no withdrawal symptoms.

As I say, I'm sure that there has been some problem, but if these drugs are so bad and there is really a crisis, why are they not completely banned?

Old 10-05-2018, 06:45 AM

Not to side track this thread. There was a ‘60 Minutes’ report on this last Sunday. In 2010, one pharmaceutical company shipped enough opioids to Florida alone that every resident would receive 25 pills. One physician who ran pain clinics was issuing prescriptions everyday to the same people for 100s of pills. Who could take 1000 pills in a month? Certainly not a pregnant woman, yet she had a script. The DEA calls it diversion where folks are reselling these meds.
Look at Fentanyl abuse and imports from China.

So in my opinion there is a crisis, but, those with chronic pain are forced to justify the need for these meds.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:51 AM
fw102807

Quote:
I'm sure that has happened, but to what percentage of people who were taking opioids? I know of several people who are on Tramadol, including myself who have no problem. In the past, I've forgotten to take a dose and other than experiencing pain, I felt no withdrawal symptoms.

As I say, I'm sure that there has been some problem, but if these drugs are so bad and there is really a crisis, why are they not completely banned?
They have become a drug of last resort for short term post surgical and terminal patients. Withdrawal symptoms take 1 to 2 days to appear and worsen from there before tapering off. The length of time depends on how long you have been taking them. Google opiate withdrawal to learn more. There is much documentation about this by very reliable sources.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:48 AM

I take Tramadol as well and several doctors have told me if taken as prescribed there will be zero issues with it. In addition, I have had so many injections in two pain management clinics, most under anesthesia, that proved totally ineffectual that I have to acknowledge there is nothing further they can do for me. The nerve damage in my lower back and legs is permanent and is caused by spinal stenosis combined with the damage done by an ill trained surgeon who told me he could fix my issues. I refuse to take stronger opioids since I will not spend the rest of my life in la la land. Try a spinal stimulator. It did not work for me, but it might for you. I'd also recommend you go to a marijuana clinic with your health records and obtain a " Compassionate Use License " from the state. All the expense will be on you but I find some of the BCD alternatives help me. I do not like the heavy THC stuff since it makes me nauseous. There are choices between vape, oral and topical products. Be prepared to part with real money since the Feds do not allow any FDIC insured bank to handle transactions involving cannabis products. Therefore no credit or debit cards can be used and you can not write a check. I wish you luck, chronic pain I would not wish upon my most despised enemy.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:49 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivaridger1 View Post
I take Tramadol as well and several doctors have told me if taken as prescribed there will be zero issues with it. In addition, I have had so many injections in two pain management clinics, most under anesthesia, that proved totally ineffectual that I have to acknowledge there is nothing further they can do for me. The nerve damage in my lower back and legs is permanent and is caused by spinal stenosis combined with the damage done by an ill trained surgeon who told me he could fix my issues. I refuse to take stronger opioids since I will not spend the rest of my life in la la land. Try a spinal stimulator. It did not work for me, but it might for you. I'd also recommend you go to a marijuana clinic with your health records and obtain a " Compassionate Use License " from the state. All the expense will be on you but I find some of the BCD alternatives help me. I do not like the heavy THC stuff since it makes me nauseous. There are choices between vape, oral and topical products. Be prepared to part with real money since the Feds do not allow any FDIC insured bank to handle transactions involving cannabis products. Therefore no credit or debit cards can be used and you can not write a check. I wish you luck, chronic pain I would not wish upon my most despised enemy.
That's my whole point. Tramadol is covered by my insurance. I'm going to pay for all this other stuff out of my pocket. I have to wonder if the opioid crisis is exaggerated insurance company lobbies or the medical marijuana lobbies. The more they can get people off of opioids, the less the insurance companies will have to pay out and the more the medical marijuana industry will make.

Evidence shows that well over ninety percent of the problems with opioid are related to illegal use. Yet Congress passed 87 laws dealing with legally prescribed opioids.

I wouldn't trust 60 Minutes for anything. They are an incredibly biased source.

Old 10-06-2018, 04:46 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
That's my whole point. Tramadol is covered by my insurance. I'm going to pay for all this other stuff out of my pocket. I have to wonder if the opioid crisis is exaggerated insurance company lobbies or the medical marijuana lobbies. The more they can get people off of opioids, the less the insurance companies will have to pay out and the more the medical marijuana industry will make.

Evidence shows that well over ninety percent of the problems with opioid are related to illegal use. Yet Congress passed 87 laws dealing with legally prescribed opioids.

I wouldn't trust 60 Minutes for anything. They are an incredibly biased source.
So in your opinion, the opioid crisis is a "conspiracy"?
Old 10-07-2018, 10:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I'm sure the pharmaceutical companies who manufacture the opioids have a much stronger lobby than the pain mgt clinics or the marijuana growers.
Old 10-08-2018, 05:56 AM

I go Cesar Euribe - Central Pain Management if Florida. He should give you a prescription for pain meds but nothing close to what you actually need. Depending where your pain is, he can give you epidurals. The gentleman that he had no problem with drawing from tramadol is light weight. Tramadol is not a narcotic...… it might as well be baby aspirin. I have no idea how old you are but the rest of your life will be miserable. But you are not alone. I am going thru the same thing. If you want to talk let me know and I can explain to you how I am dealing with. Good Luck Judy
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, doctor, management, referred, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.