Physical therapist

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2021, 06:19 PM
Veteran member
Default Physical therapist

Can anyone recommend a good physical therapy place in the villages?
Old 04-26-2021, 06:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,037 Times in 5,329 Posts

My wife recently used Cora but two things we were not thrilled with

Each time you get a different therapist
Most of the time the therapist was working with 3-4 people during appt.

Therapists did seem to be well qualified.
Old 04-26-2021, 07:27 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,477 Times in 548 Posts

If you do a search here, you’ll find some threads about this.

I have used Lake Center for Rehab next to the Sharon Morse building. However, you may live further south so this could be inconvenient.
Old 04-26-2021, 09:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I am currently going to PT Solutions up on 441 on 138th SLane, right past the car wash. My friend's daughter is a sports physical therapist for the University of Michigan, and when I told her I needed a good PT, she put it out on her network and came up with Jessica Heller at PT Solutions. She actually called her and asked specific questions about her training and treatment for my issue (rotator cuff). My friend was impressed with Jessica and also ascertained that she would work with me the whole time, not handing me off to anyone. She's the only one there, so you get her undivided attention. Here is their web site. The Villages | PT Solutions Physical Therapy Masks are required.
Old 04-27-2021, 06:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
I am currently going to PT Solutions up on 441 on 138th SLane, right past the car wash. My friend's daughter is a sports physical therapist for the University of Michigan, and when I told her I needed a good PT, she put it out on her network and came up with Jessica Heller at PT Solutions. She actually called her and asked specific questions about her training and treatment for my issue (rotator cuff). My friend was impressed with Jessica and also ascertained that she would work with me the whole time, not handing me off to anyone. She's the only one there, so you get her undivided attention. Here is their web site. The Villages | PT Solutions Physical Therapy Masks are required.
Thank you. So useful to know. I was recommended to a physical therapist by a doctor that we have since left his practice. Every time I entered the front waiting area I smelled cigarette smoke. The person assigned me was very sweet and not at all skilled or professional which made me wonder if Florida has standards about physical therapy.

P.S. I just searched for Physical Therapy Standards and found that they were updated just recently. A new law was passed in June of last year making it a requirement to have two years training in the field. There was a huge difference in the therapist I was sent to and physical therapy in Ohio where I had lived all of my life. Now at least the field and it's standards are being addressed;

HowEVER......I just reread what I linked and it is from the group of Florida Physical Therapists and I am not at all impressed. I took the link down. I don't KNOW whether physical therapy is overseen and monitored at all in Florida. We need to have all health standards in this state re-evaluated in my opinion. I just saw a sign for a doctor who is still practicing here after being arrested for failing to pay child support. One was practicing here after being stopped from practicing in another State.

Last edited by graciegirl; 04-27-2021 at 06:28 AM.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:40 AM
Veteran member

I am closer to Sumter so anywhere around this area would be great?
Old 04-28-2021, 05:08 AM
Default Physical therapy

[QUOTE=Heartnsoul;1936065]I am closer to Sumter so anywhere around this area would be great?[/QUOTE.
My spouse & I have both used Lake Center for Rehab on Old Camp Rd in Lake Sumter Landing for a variety of issues during our 16 yrs here. They are excellent.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:48 AM

The original man I had was excellent...I believe he is the head pt guy. Both of the ones he turned me over to after 5 sessions were inadequate and either uncaring or unqualified.
Old 04-28-2021, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
I have gone to two different chain physical therapy places here in The Villages and have been disgusted with both of them. The one place was so over booked that you received no individual attention and the other place pointed you in the direction of the equipment to be used and then went back to scrolling on their laptop! I take an exercise class several times a week and got more out of that than any PT I ever had. So if you have a co-pay like I do, and unless you can find someone who will work with you one on one, don't waste your time of your money!!
Old 04-28-2021, 06:20 AM

Lake Center for Rehab - Lake Sumter, next to Winn Dixie. I've been going for two months.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Thank you. So useful to know. I was recommended to a physical therapist by a doctor that we have since left his practice. Every time I entered the front waiting area I smelled cigarette smoke. The person assigned me was very sweet and not at all skilled or professional which made me wonder if Florida has standards about physical therapy.

P.S. I just searched for Physical Therapy Standards and found that they were updated just recently. A new law was passed in June of last year making it a requirement to have two years training in the field. There was a huge difference in the therapist I was sent to and physical therapy in Ohio where I had lived all of my life. Now at least the field and it's standards are being addressed;

HowEVER......I just reread what I linked and it is from the group of Florida Physical Therapists and I am not at all impressed. I took the link down. I don't KNOW whether physical therapy is overseen and monitored at all in Florida. We need to have all health standards in this state re-evaluated in my opinion. I just saw a sign for a doctor who is still practicing here after being arrested for failing to pay child support. One was practicing here after being stopped from practicing in another State.
Florida has similar laws governing physical therapy as Ohio. I am licensed in both states. If you feel the care you received was substandard, report it to the board. They can’t fix what they are not made aware of.
Old 04-28-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:
We use Lake Center for Rehab. Many facilities throughout the Villages. Scheduled with the same therapist each time. Very good people.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:00 AM
Default Used Cora PT

Quote:
You don't say what you are needing PT for so it can differ depending on the needs. I had rotator cuff surgery on each shoulder last year and used Cora rehab at Grand Traverse for each rehab. I liked all the PT assistants as well as Clair, the dr. at this location. On my first session the Dr. took time to review my surgeons protocol with me of what he wanted done for PT. They followed it very well and you do surveys every so many visits that show you how you are progressing to your goals that were set at the beginning. They took time to ask how things were going each time, how did my last session go, any pain/changes, etc. I also used the Cora at Lake Sumter Landing for PT massages to try and reduce some of the tightness in my back and neck caused by the work. The Dr. from LSL filled in for Clair a time or two also and seemed very capable and followed the same process. I would recommend them to anyone. Their billing department that is not local can be a bit challenging to deal with if they mess something up but that was easy to deal with compared to finding someone that cared about getting me back to normal after surgery.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
I am closer to Sumter so anywhere around this area would be great?
I live down by 466A, so farther away from PT Solutions than you. I go up Buena Vista to right on El Camino Real to left on Buenos Aires, left onto 441, and right on 138, which is only one block away. Easy peasy, takes me 25 minutes. And no messing around with 441 except for that one block. It would probably take you about 15 minutes.

If you want good PT and personal service, I can recommend Jessica. It seems no one has recommended anyone closer to you. Maybe someone will. This is my third attempt at a PT (see Gracie's post), and I am finally happy.
Old 04-28-2021, 07:20 AM
Sage

In my 11 yrs here...1st went to Lake Rehab. Some years later to All Coast (which I really liked) which is in the Oakland "something" off from 441 across from Aldi. Tried to go back there another time but our ins. didn't cover it. Most recently (last year) went to CORA in LSL in the Creekside medical complex. I felt they did a good job. Every time my issues had to do with either low back pain, hip pain and core strength. Each does something a bit different but I felt that the technique at CORA helped me the best, so far.
Closed Thread

Tags
physical, therapist, recommend, good, therapy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.