Plantar Faciitis

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2011, 11:08 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112
Default Plantar Faciitis

Has anyone ever had Plantar Faciitis?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:15 AM

Yes. Just have custom shoe inserts made and it will go away. You can go to a podiatrist, a specialty "foot store" or order them custom made off the internet (by a podiatrist). I have done the first and last with good results. The foot store option was actually the most expensive.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:21 AM
Sage

I agree with skyking. In addition to the inserts, you can do some simple stretches that will help. In my case, it took a few months for all the pain to go away, but it did.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via ICQ to mikeandnancy1112 Send a message via AIM to mikeandnancy1112

I bought the ortho shoe inserts from the Podiatrist and then bought new Sketcher sneakers that night, took out the inner sole and put the shoe inserts in. I have been wearing the shoes for about three weeks, do the exercises and freeze my foot at least three times a day and keep my foot elevated as much as possible. Also, a friend of mine said she had this years ago and her doctor told her to take Flack Seed Oil and said after a couple of weeks she was a lot better so I am taking this. Today I bought the foot brace/boot at Walgreens to wear at night when I am sleeping or when I rest during the day. Another thing it was suggested to do and this makes sense, because one of the exercises I do is pulling my foot back and this holds my foot back. I go back to the doctor Oct. 14 and will get a shot of cortisone if I'm not any better. I haven't played golf for at least a month. This totally sucks! But I know folks have more serious conditions so I am trying not to complain very much.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:35 AM
Veteran member

Thank you for all your comments.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:36 AM
Sage

I forgot about the ice... did that too. It just takes time.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:47 PM
Location: Winter - Village of Bonita; Summer - Marblehead, OH

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeandnancy1112 View Post
Has anyone ever had Plantar Faciitis?
Time wounds all heels!

Today's new friend become tomorrow's family

Ohio - Cleveland, Lakewood, North Ridgeville, North Olmsted, Marblehead, Elyria; Florida - Village of Bonita (2010)
Old 10-02-2011, 02:34 PM
Sage

I got shoe inserts at Foot Solutions and also got a better athletic shoe than I was wearing. The inserts did the job very quickly, but I did find that during that healing time, I could not walk around barefoot or in any other shoe. Going barefoot on the tile (I have lots of tile in my house) really caused a flare of the inflammation.

It takes time for everything to calm down. I do hope things get better quickly and the shot won't be needed. It's been a couple of years since I was bothered, but this summer, I was walking around in croc type shoes and don't you know it, the pain was starting up once again.

Take care and heal...
Old 10-02-2011, 03:49 PM
Gold member

I have had it in both feet at different times. I only had the pain in the morning when I got out of bed so I just kept doing what I normally did (I'm a runner) and it went away after several months. Never saw a doctor since I knew what it was. Sometimes it's best to just let your body heal the injury and avoid drugs and other things that may cause another problem down the road. Most good doctors will tell you the same thing.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Just remember just when you thought its gone it come back and sometimes not in the same foot, with out correction it will get to the point walking is painfull. Once you get it everyday you have some options, how to make it better and slow down the comeback. A step is the best, just stand on the step with your heel hanging off and allow the heel to drop down. I do this at least twice a day, because mine was so bad i could not walk do to the pain. Another way is do use a tennis ball on the floor and roll it under your foot with as much pressure as you can. The step is easier. Good luck and remember it always comes back if you don't keep up the excerise
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Default yes, I have had that PF..

Luckily I was at a computer type job at the time and was able to treat it by using a sort of foot roller & constantly rolling bottom of my foot over a slightly spikey bar while sitting at computer, and doing the same thing at night while watching TV. It worked for me. This same method worked for my brother-in-law thereby avoiding surgery for him. Hope this was helpful.
Old 10-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Veteran member

Yes, and it was awful !! Booth heels, but thankfully not ast the same time. My doctor told me to wear Crocs for a while. That was 5 years ago, and after wearing them for about 6 months, all gone!! But I am aware it may come back at any time.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:28 AM
Veteran member

My spouse had the condition and did what you're doing, including the boot, and numerous stretches and icing. What ultimately got him over the hump was a cortisone shot. Best of luck, and keep us posted!
Old 10-03-2011, 06:07 AM
Gold member
Default mine is gone (for now)

Had it about 5-6 years ago. Really painful, especially in the a.m., but could also get shooting pain just sitting watching TV.

I waited months, hoping it would go away, pain got worse, finally went to dr. - prescribed Naproxen twice daily for 1-2 months, helped a lot, but pain didn't go away. Dr. wanted to fit orthotics, but I was resistant, mostly because I wear sandals as much as possible and didn't think orthotics and sandals were a good blend.

Dr. gave me a cortisone shot (only right heel was painful), which did the trick for me. Took a couple of weeks to be mostly pain free. After a couple of months, no pain at all. Orthotics were going to be my next step.

I also donated all my shoes that didn't have good arch support. Really helped free up some closet space and also helped the budget. No longer tempted by cute, trendy shoes. Now I only wear a few brands that work for me - mostly Merrell for sandals. Clark's also good and a couple of others. Easy Sprit ok but not as good IMO. Dr. said do not go barefoot, even in the house.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Veteran member

Thanks again for all your comments. You guys are the best!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.