Plantar Fasciitis

Closed Thread
Old 11-12-2018, 08:33 AM
Default Plantar Fasciitis

I have had Plantar Fasciitis for many months. I have gone to a podiatrist twice for a shot and although it helped a little it is only a short fix. He recommended physical therapy but unfortunately his physical therapist only works 8 to 4 and I work 9 to 5 daily. I spent almost $400.00 on shoes that he recommended with no remorse as they are wonderful but they are not curing on ailment. I ice and stretch and do all the things to try to make my foot better. While looking for any solution I received an email from Groupon which I haven't used for years. I found a foot spa and decided to try it. I went for a one hour "foot reflexology"...this young girl was ruthless..she worked my feet for 45 minutes and then did an awesome message over my clothes for 15 minutes. I have not had any pain since...woke up the next morning which was Thu with no pain ( knock on wood)...I signed up for the 4 month club the price is less then my copay for physical therapy...I highly recommend this place and their hours are great...taichispa.com
Old 11-12-2018, 09:39 AM

I feel your pain.....literally! I’ve had this since March and very frustrated. I had walked at least 3- 4 miles a day before this happened. Now my ass is even getting bigger!! Over 10 years ago I fell off my bike and broke my hip. I had surgery that evening to put 3 screws in my hip. For 8 weeks I was on crutches while it mended. That looking back was a breeze to this crap. If you could please share where you are having your massage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-12-2018, 09:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,208 Times in 1,172 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuctba View Post
I feel your pain.....literally! I’ve had this since March and very frustrated. I had walked at least 3- 4 miles a day before this happened. Now my ass is even getting bigger!! Over 10 years ago I fell off my bike and broke my hip. I had surgery that evening to put 3 screws in my hip. For 8 weeks I was on crutches while it mended. That looking back was a breeze to this crap. If you could please share where you are having your massage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was at the end of his post, but here's a link to the website -

TAICHI MASSAGE & FOOT SPA - Massage, Foot Reflexology
Old 11-12-2018, 09:53 AM
Platinum member

The instinct is to cushion the heel because that is where the pain is. The real solution is to raise the arch.
Old 11-12-2018, 11:47 AM

Thanks so much for this info. I too have been suffering for months. Will definitely check it out.
Old 11-12-2018, 12:31 PM
Default Planters foot

I suffered most of the summer with this. Third time in eleven years that we’ve been here. Rolled frozen water bottles, special new sneakers, etc., couldn’t shake it.
The best results I got were from a special pair of socks I bought
SB Sox bought on amazon, 2 pairs $19.00.
for Plantar fasciitis
I was border line L-XL. I bought the smaller size
I used them only during my activities. The improvement
started within three days. . . . I also used the heal inserts
I get at Walmart for $6 a pair . . . Good luck
Old 11-12-2018, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtButterfly View Post
I suffered most of the summer with this. Third time in eleven years that we’ve been here. Rolled frozen water bottles, special new sneakers, etc., couldn’t shake it.
The best results I got were from a special pair of socks I bought
SB Sox bought on amazon, 2 pairs $19.00.
for Plantar fasciitis
I was border line L-XL. I bought the smaller size
I used them only during my activities. The improvement
started within three days. . . . I also used the heal inserts
I get at Walmart for $6 a pair . . . Good luck
I too use SB Sox that I got from Amazon. They work great
Old 11-12-2018, 02:53 PM

Thank you all for your suggestions. This condition has been incredibly painful!!!!
It actually started down the sciatic nerve and eventually found it's way to my heel.
Stretching has helped and lidocaine/ibuprofen works wonders.
Old 11-12-2018, 06:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Was a runner and developed PF. Tried every remedy known to man. I was virtually crippled by the pain. Finally consulted a well renowned podiatrist. Said he could make shoe inserts that would cost me several hundred $s or could go to a shoe store and buy a pair of Spenco inserts for about $20.

Did the latter and never experienced PS again- nearly 30 years now. They last forever(almost)
Old 11-13-2018, 07:12 AM

Thank you all for your advice and I am going to try everything that you have recommended. I have Vionic sneakers and OOFOS flip flops...I just ordered OOFOS sneakers also as I said I work on my feet all day. I am going back to the Foot Reflexology tonight. I just cannot have this pain again I am willing to try anything. Again thank you, this is what I needed...serious recommendations from those that feel my pain.
Old 11-13-2018, 07:27 AM

I have the OOFOS flip flops in every color! I absolutely love them as they provide arch support that regular flips flops don't. If you have high arches, these flip flops are great. Don't think they would work well with flat feet. Instead of using slippers in the house, I use my OOFOS as slippers. Never walk barefoot as this will cause all kind of foot problems. I love them so much that I even use them while running errands too. They have helped my previous foot problems tremendously. Also, at work, I wear good no heel shoes that have arch support. Haven't had a problem since I did all this.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Birkenstock shoes and sandals. You look like a hippie, but the benefits are excellent.
Old 11-13-2018, 11:49 AM

I wear my OOFOS as slippers also and I bought socks with the separated big toe to wear when my feet get cold...I also wear my OOFOS in the shower as I cannot walk or stand barefooted
Old 11-14-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
Birkenstock shoes and sandals. You look like a hippie, but the benefits are excellent.
Who cares about the look if I can get rid of the pain. I'm going to try them out! How long before you started noticing improvements?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:50 AM

I just happened to be on TOTV for some other medically-related issue and saw this post. My wife has PF and went through all the regular regimens (cortisone shots, etc.). Her foot doc eventually said that she might want to try "Platelet Rich Plasma" injecting where you have your own blood drawn, put through a centrifuge to separate out the blood components, and the pure plasma is re-injected in the affected area (aided by a sonogram). It's purportedly a way to accelerate healing.

Anyway, she just went through this about 3.5 weeks ago and had to stay off her feet as much as possible for two weeks while wearing a compression boot (aka Air Cam Walker Boot) during this time. It certainly has helped her - she works in retail and is on her feet all day, but so far, the pain has greatly diminished.

She has also been using this product that uses a combination of heat sessions and cold sessions that's made for PF healing. She started using it before the plasma injection and is continuing to use it post-injection. Here's the link: Plantar Fasciitis Treatment by King Brand

I'll mention the foot reflexology to her. I don't know that it has come up as an alternative therapy before.

$$$ note: Platelet Rich Therapy is NOT covered by insurance. It cost her $950 in NY to have it done.
Closed Thread

Tags
physical, foot, plantar, pain, therapy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.