Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-13-2018, 07:27 AM

I have the OOFOS flip flops in every color! I absolutely love them as they provide arch support that regular flips flops don't. If you have high arches, these flip flops are great. Don't think they would work well with flat feet. Instead of using slippers in the house, I use my OOFOS as slippers. Never walk barefoot as this will cause all kind of foot problems. I love them so much that I even use them while running errands too. They have helped my previous foot problems tremendously. Also, at work, I wear good no heel shoes that have arch support. Haven't had a problem since I did all this.

Old 11-13-2018, 11:23 AM

Birkenstock shoes and sandals. You look like a hippie, but the benefits are excellent.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2018, 11:49 AM

I wear my OOFOS as slippers also and I bought socks with the separated big toe to wear when my feet get cold...I also wear my OOFOS in the shower as I cannot walk or stand barefooted
Old 11-14-2018, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
Birkenstock shoes and sandals. You look like a hippie, but the benefits are excellent.
Who cares about the look if I can get rid of the pain. I'm going to try them out! How long before you started noticing improvements?
Old 11-16-2018, 11:50 AM

I just happened to be on TOTV for some other medically-related issue and saw this post. My wife has PF and went through all the regular regimens (cortisone shots, etc.). Her foot doc eventually said that she might want to try "Platelet Rich Plasma" injecting where you have your own blood drawn, put through a centrifuge to separate out the blood components, and the pure plasma is re-injected in the affected area (aided by a sonogram). It's purportedly a way to accelerate healing.

Anyway, she just went through this about 3.5 weeks ago and had to stay off her feet as much as possible for two weeks while wearing a compression boot (aka Air Cam Walker Boot) during this time. It certainly has helped her - she works in retail and is on her feet all day, but so far, the pain has greatly diminished.

She has also been using this product that uses a combination of heat sessions and cold sessions that's made for PF healing. She started using it before the plasma injection and is continuing to use it post-injection. Here's the link: Plantar Fasciitis Treatment by King Brand

I'll mention the foot reflexology to her. I don't know that it has come up as an alternative therapy before.

$$$ note: Platelet Rich Therapy is NOT covered by insurance. It cost her $950 in NY to have it done.
Old 11-16-2018, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlily View Post

Birkenstock shoes were my solution many years ago.
Old 11-18-2018, 06:20 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

We have had success with the Bemer for this ailment. Call us at 352-751-5083 and you can try three treatments for free. No strings attached.

Barbara
Yoder Chiropractic
Old 11-18-2018, 07:26 PM

I have had PF for over 10 years and even had surgery to relieve the pressure--------I wear all of the correct shoes, etc. When your feet start to hurt, google wrapping your feet for PF. You can use basic white medical tape or expensive tape--really makes no difference---wrap your feet, take a pain reliever and put your feet up! This is a chronic condition that has brought me to tears many times from the pain---a good foot massage is also a great reliever!
Old 11-18-2018, 10:35 PM
Sage

I had this quite badly years ago. Got the heal cup insert and that helped "some". Also had a shot which hurt horribly....doc said next time it would be surgery. Told my chiropractor and he said "let me help you!" Don't recall the manipulations he did, but I haven't had the pain since.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:37 AM

I have been with plantar Fascitis and i have gone to the podiatrist. The recommended treatments are
1) Shock wave Therapy
2) Amniotic fluid injections
3) Ultrasonic treatment
4) Steroid injections in the area.

Though the above ones are expensive you can use

1) Achilles tendon Brace ( I have been using this after having Plantar Fascitis for 3 months . I got the steroid injection and i am using this brace while sleeping and it is working good.)
2) Soft stretching splint

Right now i still have it but with the Brace at night i have been doing good.

Tags
physical, foot, plantar, pain, therapy