Plantar Fasciitis

Plantar Fasciitis

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 02-06-2019, 12:34 PM

My strength is drained due to the stress/pain associated with the plantar faciitis condition along with the sciatica/calf muscle pain; Incredible pain which is constant. The last 4-5 months have been a living nightmare that never ends.

Old 02-06-2019, 06:41 PM

I have been cured from PF since I posted this blog. My brother is a retired athletic trainer in professional and large college athletics and I decided to burden him with my issue...first he told me to exercise my calves by getting on a step and raising my toes and lowering them lower then the step to build my calf muscles as he said that is the main problem as it is all connected. I have done that and got amazing results...I also go for foot reflexology monthly for one hour at the Foot Reflexology on 441...my reflexologist is Yoyo...I pay on an automatic basis at $35.00 a month and it has totally gone away although I continue my monthly visits to keep the pain from returning...
Sponsored Links
Old 02-07-2019, 11:53 AM

My Daily Run,
I saw your post and am glad to hear about your successful treatment. I stretch daily and still have tight/painful calf muscles and foot/heel tightness and PAIN. I use ice/heat/massage/lidocaine rub plus ibuprofen/tylenol/arnica. Thank you for sharing your story. I am hopeful my condition will improve/disappear SOON! Still looking for the perfect shoe/sandal/insert. Did your brother recommend arch supports? Did your reflexologist have any other suggestions?
Old 02-07-2019, 12:55 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Daily Run View Post
I have had Plantar Fasciitis for many months. I have gone to a podiatrist twice for a shot and although it helped a little it is only a short fix. He recommended physical therapy but unfortunately his physical therapist only works 8 to 4 and I work 9 to 5 daily. I spent almost $400.00 on shoes that he recommended with no remorse as they are wonderful but they are not curing on ailment. I ice and stretch and do all the things to try to make my foot better. While looking for any solution I received an email from Groupon which I haven't used for years. I found a foot spa and decided to try it. I went for a one hour "foot reflexology"...this young girl was ruthless..she worked my feet for 45 minutes and then did an awesome message over my clothes for 15 minutes. I have not had any pain since...woke up the next morning which was Thu with no pain ( knock on wood)...I signed up for the 4 month club the price is less then my copay for physical therapy...I highly recommend this place and their hours are great...taichispa.com
Can u please tell me who you used for your foot refloxology?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 02-07-2019, 02:37 PM
Sage

I stopped by the Taichispa Store and met some very nice people. I asked a simple question and that was do you do Pedicures also as part of your service, I don't think the liked the question to pretty goodly. I'm going back to have them work me over on my tootsies. Nothing else has worked. Goofy, I'll let you know ASAP. Peace Out.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:24 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Stretching will help. Every time you get up stretch.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:57 PM

Custom arch supports will cure you. Guaranteed. You can order online. They send you the materials to make an impression and send custom inserts back to you. I have done this and referred three friends. All with success.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:31 PM

Trust me it starts in your calf. I went to a chiropractor who has written articles about it. She took care of it in one visit. Unfortunately she’s in Upstate NY. Massage your calf hard
Old 02-11-2019, 05:00 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyking View Post
Custom arch supports will cure you. Guaranteed. You can order online. They send you the materials to make an impression and send custom inserts back to you. I have done this and referred three friends. All with success.
Former runner - 25/30 miles per week. developed bad case of PF. Went to Orthopod, sent me to podiatrist with good reputation on the issue. He told me he could help with custom orthotics for $ 400 or I could go to local shoe store and buy a pair of SPENCO (run walk) inserts. for $20 Pair. Have never suffered since first using Spendco. Have a set in every pair of shoes for past 25 years. My recommendation= try before expensive care regimen. Spendco , not Dr Scholl's or others.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
Can u please tell me who you used for your foot refloxology?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
I go to Taichi Massage & Foot Spa, 17860 SE 109th Ave (actually 441 right next door to Sam's St. John's Seafood and across from Walmart) 352-693-2207. I do the one hour foot massage...it actually is 45 minutes with 15 minutes of a body massage over my clothes...my therapist is Yoyo...she doesn't speak to me at all. I believe she is not comfortable with her english but she is incredible...she does say thank you when I tip her though. I go every month. It so worth it my feet thank me everyday.

Tags
physical, foot, plantar, pain, therapy