Please just stay home a little while longer if you are...

Closed Thread
Old 05-10-2020, 06:52 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,663 Times in 941 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenG View Post
In a group who is susceptible or vulnerable to this situation. No one wants anyone else to die but some people would like to get on with our lives and we accept personal responsibility for our choice.

Please allow us to rejoin society and bring about a calm stability where there is no concern for health in this regard.

Please only rejoin when you feel comfortable.

God Bless You All,
Steve
Accepting personal responsibilty will not fly if you continue to spread the virus through the community.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:56 AM
Default Risk

It seems to me that we put others at risk every time we go out in our cars or golf cars and when we do not get a flu shot.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:05 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,110 Times in 1,342 Posts

There are many other things that will kill you. You can't hide from all of them.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:14 AM

I think I have earned the right to call my own shots after 68 years. I want to enjoy life in the tome I have left, not huddle in a bunker-like state of fear.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:18 AM

Open everything and let the natural selection begin
Old 05-10-2020, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes. As a matter of fact I trust Fauci and Birx completely and I do NOT believe the conspiracy theories about them. Fauci has served under six presidents and Birx also has a VERY impressive curriculum vitae. They both live comfortably, make a lot of money and enjoy the prestige that they deserve after a long stent of exemplary service in the medical field. There is nothing to warrant the foolishness being passed around on social media.

I trust their judgement far more than I do any politician in regard to my health.
What does "They both live comfortably, make a lot of money ...." have to do with anything?? I know many people who "both live comfortably, make a lot of money" and have done so by deceiving everyone they have come into contact with, take for example many of your Wall Street Bankers..... Don't judge people if they live comfortably, make a lot of money. By the way, I do not know anyone who works for the government who "makes a lot of money"
Old 05-10-2020, 07:30 AM

Are the epidemiologists advising the president members of the bureaucracy you refer to ?
Old 05-10-2020, 07:33 AM

Sometimes there is no one else to do your shopping or go to the store so please people at least wear a mask. It’s the least you can do
Old 05-10-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallyworld View Post
Seriously, you believe everything you hear from Fauchi and Birks.
I believe that they are giving us the best information that they have at the time. This is new territory for everyone and they, along with all the experts are learning new things about this virus.

Sometimes they have evidence that says one thing and weeks later that is proven to be incorrect or inaccurate.

I'm just not so cynical to believe that everyone in government is trying to make us all sick or trying to take all of our freedom away.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Yes. As a matter of fact I trust Fauci and Birx completely and I do NOT believe the conspiracy theories about them. Fauci has served under six presidents and Birx also has a VERY impressive curriculum vitae. They both live comfortably, make a lot of money and enjoy the prestige that they deserve after a long stent of exemplary service in the medical field. There is nothing to warrant the foolishness being passed around on social media.

I trust their judgement far more than I do any politician in regard to my health.
Graciegirl you need to take of the blinders. Fauci is not innocent in this, do your due diligence. Wonder why he keeps dissing hydroxy when it is cheap, effective and readily available and he touts Remdisivere? He is in charge of NIH, major donor to NIH is the manufacturer of Remdisivere, follow the $$$$.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:46 AM
Veteran member

When the White House and the State House are open to visitors, then I'll think about getting out to public events.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob85 View Post
Sometimes there is no one else to do your shopping or go to the store so please people at least wear a mask. It’s the least you can do
You can have your groceries delivered and use a drive thru for other stuff. Stop trying to guilt people into doing what you want.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:59 AM

The president and VP are now being tested daily. All those around them are also tested and are wearing masks. There's new strict virus protocol in the WH. This is the guy who put in place government guidelines then immediately posted praise for people protesting those same guidelines. Fact, not fake news. We debate sheltering vs the economy. (Sometimes in a very nasty way) We debate who to trust with the information we're getting. Well actions speak louder than words. Look what's going on in the WH.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKFraserFL View Post
It seems to me that we put others at risk every time we go out in our cars or golf cars and when we do not get a flu shot.
It seems that way to YOU???

Ok, whatever.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:03 AM

There are multiple studies that support the effectiveness of social distancing. Logically if it prevents transmission it also prevents deaths from Covid. Irresponsible behavior will risk the lives of others, including the health care professionals you will no doubt seek out if you get Covid. Regarding the economic impact, it seems many Villages are financially healthy, with no impact on regular pension and SS deposits. Question is, how are you helping to support those less fortunate? Have you donated to the cause recently, have you generously (over) tipped delivery or take out persons, have you supported the local food bank? Everyone has a part to minimize the impact of the pandemic. Stop whining, we're all in this together. If you're bored, find a new activity that won't risk the health/welfare of others.
Closed Thread

Tags
rejoin, choice, responsibility, personal, society

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.