Please recommend a Lady Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 03-30-2017, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts
Default Please recommend a Lady Doctor

I need to find a new doctor. I would really like to get a recommendation on a Lady Doctor. I have very good insurance which TV does not accept, so it cannot be a doctor within the Village system.

I know I could research doctors, but I am being lazy and asking for a recommendation before doing a search. Does Dr. Rivers have a female doctor on his staff?

Thanks ....................

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-30-2017, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I need to find a new doctor. I would really like to get a recommendation on a Lady Doctor. I have very good insurance which TV does not accept, so it cannot be a doctor within the Village system.

I know I could research doctors, but I am being lazy and asking for a recommendation before doing a search. Does Dr. Rivers have a female doctor on his staff?

Thanks ....................
I only know 1 female internist in the area, and she's a bit of a drive, Dr. Shirley Nagle in Mt. Dora. We went to medical school together and did the same residency for 3 more years, but I haven't had contact with her since June 1987. She is excellent. My wife's home rehab nurse after her illness knows her, is also her patient and told us she is still among the best.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:17 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I only know 1 female internist in the area, and she's a bit of a drive, Dr. Shirley Nagle in Mt. Dora. We went to medical school together and did the same residency for 3 more years, but I haven't had contact with her since June 1987. She is excellent. My wife's home rehab nurse after her illness knows her, is also her patient and told us she is still among the best.
Good morning and thank you for your recommendation. However, I think she is too far away. Although if nothing comes up closer to home I may just take your suggestion. With a doctor being that far away, my concern would be if I need her in an emergency, a hospital type emergency. Plus, as I age I would rather have someone local so that I would not have to drive too far.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 03-30-2017, 09:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Good morning and thank you for your recommendation. However, I think she is too far away. Although if nothing comes up closer to home I may just take your suggestion. With a doctor being that far away, my concern would be if I need her in an emergency, a hospital type emergency. Plus, as I age I would rather have someone local so that I would not have to drive too far.
Figured that, especially since you are in TV north. I don't know what hospital, if any, she goes to nor what her coverage arrangements are in case of emergencies. For someone who is generally healthy and only sees their MD once or twice a year, it's fine. But if someone needs appointments frequently, it would be a hassle to travel that far. But thank you for your post---it reminded me that I have been quite remiss in not getting in contact with her. I only found out how close she was a few months ago, so now we have 30 years of catching up to do. Hopefully someone else has a suggestion for someone close. Good Luck to you.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:34 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Figured that, especially since you are in TV north. I don't know what hospital, if any, she goes to nor what her coverage arrangements are in case of emergencies. For someone who is generally healthy and only sees their MD once or twice a year, it's fine. But if someone needs appointments frequently, it would be a hassle to travel that far. But thank you for your post---it reminded me that I have been quite remiss in not getting in contact with her. I only found out how close she was a few months ago, so now we have 30 years of catching up to do. Hopefully someone else has a suggestion for someone close. Good Luck to you.
Would you mind if I PM you on this subject?

Old 03-30-2017, 09:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Would you mind if I PM you on this subject?
Not at all
Old 03-30-2017, 09:47 AM
Platinum member

Try. Dr. Jane Cai. She's on 441 in Lady Lake 259-0238.
Old 03-31-2017, 05:11 PM

Dr. Nalina Yelamanchi, offices in Sumter and Colony Plaza. Both my wife and I have used her for years.
Old 03-31-2017, 07:22 PM

I go to Dr. Abrantes (female) several friends have gone are very happy she is on 441 in Sharon Morse Bldg. her number is 352 633 8681
Old 04-01-2017, 05:45 AM
Sage

Dr Luna Beck across 441 from Walmart next to 441 Urgent Care.

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 04-01-2017, 06:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.C.Boyd View Post
I go to Dr. Abrantes (female) several friends have gone are very happy she is on 441 in Sharon Morse Bldg. her number is 352 633 8681
Thank you for your recommendation. However, I have checked online and there are several comments about her staff being very difficult, do not answer the phone, cannot get meds refilled. Would you agree with this, or was this when she was affiliated with Premier.

I have a medical problem that worsens very fast and I have need of a doctor who understands that when I call I need help ASAP.

Closed Thread

Tags
doctor, recommendation, lady, research, doctors

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.