? PPO Providers

Closed Thread
Old 03-31-2011, 07:46 AM
Default ? PPO Providers

We are getting ready to move down to TV next month and hubby put in his retirement papers but was told that our HMO blue will only cover us in the New England area and with a MA address. Our choices are a PPO plan or a Master Medical Plan.

Are there many PPO providers to chose from in the Villages and close by? I would need a cardiologist, a neurologist and a primary care MD. Also for emergency room settings a PPO ER would be required as I wouldn't want to go out of my network.

I know here in this area pretty much every MD is a PPO provider but I know nothing about the healthcare providers in FL.

Any insight on this?

Thanks, Gisele
Old 03-31-2011, 08:03 AM

We moved from NY and are in FL most of the year and have a Healthy Blue PPO plan and have had no issues at all with FL doctors accepting our insurance.
Old 04-01-2011, 07:18 AM
Default Thanks John

I think we will be going with the PPO instead of the master medical. I was just concerned that I wouldn't have a pool of physicians to choose from who were PPO providers.

I think that we will both be fine with finding good physicians. Our next step after we arrive will be to ask around for top docs.

Thanks for your reply

Norm and Gisele
Old 04-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Gold member

You'll find plenty of providers here and I think will be pleasantly surprised at the money you will be saving from what you're paying in Mass. There are many plans here where they return the money that they take from your social security.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:06 AM

JohnM - Could you private message me with the website, phone number or address of your Healthy Blue PPO provider?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.