premier medical associates

Closed Thread
Old 02-28-2010, 12:59 AM
Veteran member
Default premier medical associates

Has anyone ever seen Dr. Jose Lopez at Premier? Honest opinion of him needed.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:43 AM
Default Dr. Lopez - Premier Medical

No complaints. I've had him as PCP for 18 months.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:48 AM
Gold member

Yes, just once. In fact, I left Premier Medical because of him.
I had pulled a muscle in my back and nursed it myself for 2 weeks. It was not improving so I made an appointment. Dr. Abrantes was my physician, but she was unavailable. They squeezed me in at 12 noon. Dr. Lopez was clearly annoyed when he discovered it was "just a muscle strain, and I could wait it out." I disagreed, because I could not stand upright comfortably. He begrudgingly wrote a scrip for a muscle relaxant. His attitude clearly sent the message that I was a bother, and waste of his time.
I didn't want to have to be in a position to have Dr. Lopez as my back-up physician, so I left the practice.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:36 AM
Sage

Obviously his attitude needs adjustment but was it just a strain? Or did you require more work to get it mended? I know that some physicians are reluctant to issue muscle relaxers since they only help temporarily and mask the issue. The real fix might be a PT (and or Chiro) consult if it wasn't disk related. What did your final answer become?
Old 02-28-2010, 03:01 PM

I was looking for a doctor and was thinking I'd try Dr. Khanna at Premier Medical. Has anyone had any experience with him?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Veteran member

Dr. Khanna is no longer accepting new patients. I too wanted Dr. Abrantes but she is out on maternity leave. I came with my medical records from my prior two doctors in NJ. He tossed them on the chair and told me that he didn't need to see them. He proceeded to stand with his back to me while he was writing. He read the form that I had filled out and then proceeded to tell me why he would not renew some of my prescriptions. Mind you, I am diabetic with high blood pressure. When I had the audacity to ask him why he wouldn't renew them, he explained that they "just weren't necessary." I asked if he were suggesting some replacements and he said "no. Is there anything else?" I said no and left.
So, Beady, who do you see now? I obviously am looking for someone new.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:46 PM

I called this morning for an appointment with Dr. Khanna and they said my initial visit would be with Dr. Sing. Then they will set me up with an appointment with Dr. Khanna. No mention that he wasn't taking new patients. Guess I'll find out when I get there. Do you know any other good doctors in The Villages. I'm not getting a good feeling about this one.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Veteran member
Default dr. lopez

Dr. Khanna is our primary, but had to see lopez because of an emergency. I have asthma and caught a bad cold which went to pneumonia. Of course, you need to see a doc for meds. Lopez saw me, didn't even check my breathing or lungs and gave an order for z-pac. Told him because of my long history of bronchitis/pneumonia problems in the past, that z-pac would not do and I needed something stronger. He bluntly stated, he's the doctor and walked out of the room.

Had to go to urgent care 3 times to get better and urgent care docs treated me like I was a real person and like they cared. I wouldn't take my worst enemy to lopez. On a subsequent visit to Khanna, we let him know about the last visit and would refuse to be seen by that person in the future.
Old 03-01-2010, 06:55 PM
Veteran member

Dr Khanna has been my Doctor for 5 years. I will see no one else and never had a problem getting in to see him. He is great.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.