Prescription drugs - Walgreens vs Publix

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2017, 08:08 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default OhioBuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Does anyone have an opinion about which is better for prescription drugs? I'm thinking of switching from Walgreens to Publix because of the long lines at Walgreens. To me, cost is not my primary factor.
You know if you drop a prescription off or pick up a prescription go thru the drive thru, you want have to wait 15 or 20 mins. inside. You know they won't let you wait outside because they would have people really P.O'd. Outside the longest I've ever waited has been 5 mins. & that's when I was the 4th car in line. Just my suggestion!
Old 07-17-2017, 08:13 AM

I really appreciate the service you get at Publix and in some cases, i found their pricing better than the other big chains. They really emphasize fast, friendly service. They're always available to answer any questions you have regarding medications.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:57 AM

I switched from CVS to Publix Pharmacy after finding that Publix is a preferred pharmacy on my prescription drug plan, and I am very happy with the Publix pharmacy. I would probably have switched anyway, as I was tired of the long lines and wait time at CVS.
I went to Walgreens once and could hardly find the pharmacy ... it gave me the impression of being more like a junk store that decided to add a pharmacy back in the far corner.
Old 07-17-2017, 10:45 AM
Sage

I use Publix at Colony and Mr 07 uses Walgreens at Colony. He always has long waits and screw ups (his meds are more complicated). I have had nothing but fast, efficient service at Publix. I generally go early or late in the day to avoid mid day peak crowds.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 07-17-2017, 05:56 PM
Gold member

We use Walgreen at 441 and Rolling Acre. Wonderful pharmacists. And if you travel to different parts of the country you can usually find a Walgreen, not so with Publix.
Never wait at Walgreen, order refill online, get a text when it's ready, drive thru, pick it up. Easy to get refills when in different part of country.
Old 07-17-2017, 06:08 PM
Sage

When we moved here 8 yrs ago we got our RX's (all of them) from Walgreens at Colony. The waits back then were minimal and the clerks even knew me by name when I came. It's changed now...WAYYYY busy and a wait-line most times. Our ins. changed and we have TVH so now we get our meds shipped to us from OptumRX and it's pretty seamless. I get a reminder both online and via phone-calls when I need to refill again. Only time I'd go to Walgreen's is "IF" I needed the item that day!! I guess you have to do your 'home-work' and decide what's best for you. I didn't know about the mailing feature that Walgreens has...that is something to consider.
Old 07-17-2017, 09:23 PM

trySams club
Old 07-18-2017, 12:14 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,020 Times in 453 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by moehog View Post
trySams club
I found this on the Sam's Club web site.

Pharmacy
Solution:

1.) You do not have to be a Member to buy prescription medications from Sam's Club.
2.) For pharmaceuticals with a script, there is no extra fee for non-members.
3.) Each Sam's Club Pharmacy location stocks more than 200 of the most commonly prescribed medications for just $4.
4.) For a quick-reference to help find specific medications you might be looking for, click here.
5.) Sam's Club Pharmacy also offers convenient access to your prescription(s) anywhere in the United States with 625 Clubs that feature a Pharmacy.
6.) Simply take your prescription(s) in or ask your pharmacist to transfer your prescription(s) to any Sam's Club Pharmacy location, where your prescription(s)will be transferred and filled quickly.
7.) As an additional convenience, you also may have your prescription(s) transferred to any Walmart store or Neighborhood Market.
8.) Pharmacy Links:
a. To fill or refill a prescription: Click here
b. To visit the pharmacy website: Click here
c. To see the full list of available generic prescriptions for as little as $4 a month: Click here
d. To find a club near you: Click here

CLICK HERE to see the Sam's Club page and be able to click on their links.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:15 AM

Walgreens pharmacy at Pinnelas Plaza is the best retail pharmacy I have ever used. The pharmacists and staff are awesome! For example, their customer service is exhibited by their willingness to patiently answer questions, do research on medications and possible side affects, and make phone calls to Medicare and other insurances to secure the best price for medications. I have been and continue to be very satisfied with this pharmacy and most often find only to one to three people in line when I have used their services. Their knowledge and courtesy makes standing in line worth it to me.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:44 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retired and happy View Post
Walgreens pharmacy at Pinnelas Plaza is the best retail pharmacy I have ever used. The pharmacists and staff are awesome! For example, their customer service is exhibited by their willingness to patiently answer questions, do research on medications and possible side affects, and make phone calls to Medicare and other insurances to secure the best price for medications. I have been and continue to be very satisfied with this pharmacy and most often find only to one to three people in line when I have used their services. Their knowledge and courtesy makes standing in line worth it to me.

Shhhh! (I agree completely but let's not spread the word.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 07-20-2017, 09:33 AM

Check out Express Scripts on line order 90day prescription mailed direct to you. No waiting in line!
Closed Thread

Tags
walgreens, prescription, publix, drugs, long

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.