Primary Care Doctor

Closed Thread
Old 12-02-2018, 01:22 PM
Default Primary Care Doctor

I am looking for recommendations for a primary care Dr.

I do not belong to Village Health but I have Blue Cross and Medicare.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:40 PM
fw102807

Sad thing about doctors is you only find out how good they are when you need them. I just signed on with Dr Sara Gitte and I am hoping it was a good choice, only time will tell.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:52 PM

Rivers Family Medicine. Excellent and well run practice. Dr. Rivers, highly recommended.
Old 12-02-2018, 03:53 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post
Rivers Family Medicine. Excellent and well run practice. Dr. Rivers, highly recommended.
They would not take my Blue Cross Anthem Medicare Insurance
Old 12-02-2018, 05:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by fw102807 View Post
Sad thing about doctors is you only find out how good they are when you need them. I just signed on with Dr Sara Gitte and I am hoping it was a good choice, only time will tell.
I hope your experience is better than this...

This past week I had occasion to need to see my primary doctor who is part of a large practice (Florida Heart & Vascular) Heretofore, my visits there have been "wellness" visits scheduled six months in advance. On Monday, I could not get through by phone at all. Their office doesn't take a name and number, you just get a recording, "All our representatives are busy now" played over and over. I got through on Tuesday morning but my doctor was booked solid the rest of the week. They referred me to an ARNP located in another facility, who did help me.

My take is, do not get sick unless it coincides with a wellness visit.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:20 PM
fw102807

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post

This past week I had occasion to need to see my primary doctor who is part of a large practice (Florida Heart & Vascular) Heretofore, my visits there have been "wellness" visits scheduled six months in advance. On Monday, I could not get through by phone at all. Their office doesn't take a name and number, you just get a recording, "All our representatives are busy now" played over and over. I got through on Tuesday morning but my doctor was booked solid the rest of the week. They referred me to an ARNP located in another facility, who did help me.

That is why I have this new doctor, I had the same experience there and had to go to an urgent care
Old 12-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Platinum member

I have been pleased with my primary - Dr. Nalina Yelamanchi on 466/Laurel Manor. Her husband is a Cardio-Vascular guy.
Old 12-02-2018, 10:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla B View Post

I am switching primary care doctors and tried to register at FHV. Had the same problem with the phone and ended up going in person. Appointments for new patients are out to February. I had an "urgent" need with knee pain that came on suddenly and is making it very difficult to walk, but am still waiting more than a week. I also thought it was slightly odd that they wouldn't even schedule an appointment until I had turned in their new patient forms.

Not feeling too positive about it right about now. OTOH, the receptionist said their doctors keep a tight schedule and rarely run late. I'm trying there because my family members recommended it and they confirmed that was true in their case.

Eh. I mostly go to urgent care for acute problems, anyway. Copay for me is $40 vs zero at primary care, but the speed and efficiency is worth it.

OP -- sorry to make this about who not to see. I can recommend Tasneem Cheema from Lakeview Healthcare. She's kind and knowledgeable. Offices in Laurel Manor and LSL. Urgent appointments generally available the same day or the next.

I ended up leaving because of long wait times and a disorganized front office staff. Depends on your priorities; it can be uncomfortable for me to sit for long periods so that was my deal breaker.

Last edited by queasy27; 12-02-2018 at 10:37 PM.
Old 12-03-2018, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblwyr View Post

We also really liked Dr. Rivers, alas we were forced to change doctors by our insurance. Would go back to him in a heartbeat.
Old 12-10-2018, 05:24 PM

I like Dr. Yelamachi, too.
Closed Thread

Tags
primary, care, health, village, blue

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.