Primary care dr's

Closed Thread
Old 01-23-2020, 03:18 PM
Thumbs down Primary care dr's

It strikes me very strange that unless you have United Healthcare as a secondary Medical insurance, no primary care Dr. that works under the Village's care centers will take you. I have one of the best secondary insurance carriers in the business (so I've been told by every Dr except the Village Dr's). It must be, as I have had 6 major back surgeries, prostate surgery and several other operations probably totaling over 3 million in the last six years and have not paid a cent. I had a wonderful primary care Dr. in Naples that took my secondary insurance and she never complained that they didn't pick up what Medicare didn't. It seems to me the excuse that Medicare only pays for a 15min primary care appointment and no secondary ins. picks up the difference but United is either bogus or the Villages has a deal with United. Could there be a different policy among ins company's here in The Villages vs Naples? Welcome to the friendliest place in Florida!!! Anyone else want to comment?
Old 01-23-2020, 10:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pila0431 View Post
It strikes me very strange that unless you have United Healthcare as a secondary Medical insurance, no primary care Dr. that works under the Village's care centers will take you. I have one of the best secondary insurance carriers in the business (so I've been told by every Dr except the Village Dr's). It must be, as I have had 6 major back surgeries, prostate surgery and several other operations probably totaling over 3 million in the last six years and have not paid a cent. I had a wonderful primary care Dr. in Naples that took my secondary insurance and she never complained that they didn't pick up what Medicare didn't. It seems to me the excuse that Medicare only pays for a 15min primary care appointment and no secondary ins. picks up the difference but United is either bogus or the Villages has a deal with United. Could there be a different policy among ins company's here in The Villages vs Naples? Welcome to the friendliest place in Florida!!! Anyone else want to comment?
This has been beaten to death, search and you will find many many posts. It's The Villages business and they make the rules. There are plenty of other doctors outside TV that will accept your supplement along with many others. TVH announced they will accept Florida Blue starting this year. I suspect other changes will occur each year but for now, it is what it is.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2020, 07:53 AM
Default Primary Care

Thanks for your reply. We have only been here 4 weeks so I didn’t know this topic was discussed so often. I’m getting to find out that there is the right way and the Village way of doing things. I should have done my homework better!!!
Old 01-24-2020, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Just find a non Villages Health Care provider and they will take what you have.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,126 Times in 2,240 Posts

The Villages health system (primary care doctors) only accept 4 ADVANTAGE plans, 3 United heath care and one other brand. We were in the system when they changed the rules, and we did not want to give up medicare. Since you are new to the area, please contact SHINE, SHINE - Home they offer unbiased health care info, and they have meetings right here in TV.
As noted above, there are many other primary care doctors outside of The VHS that accept medicare and most if not all of the available supplementary insurance. We use one in Leesburg, but there are many closer.
Old 01-24-2020, 10:27 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook
Smile

The very best doctors are not at TV health care. Ask your neighbors or friends for suggestions. There are excellent doctors to be had here.
Old 01-24-2020, 06:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

And remember, everyone you ask has the best doctor there is.....and everyone that is not in the VHS has a doctor that is so much better than any doctor in the VHS. Do your personal research since the decision is yours.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 01-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max0431Zoe View Post
Thanks for your reply. We have only been here 4 weeks so I didn’t know this topic was discussed so often. I’m getting to find out that there is the right way and the Village way of doing things. I should have done my homework better!!!
Yes, do your homework. Remember that Villages Health Care is one choice, there are others. You may choose to change insurance, you may choose to go with a system that takes your current insurance. The choice is yours. Shine is an excellent source for information. An on-line forum with anonymous posters may not be.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:02 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
Yes, do your homework. Remember that Villages Health Care is one choice, there are others. You may choose to change insurance, you may choose to go with a system that takes your current insurance. The choice is yours. Shine is an excellent source for information. An on-line forum with anonymous posters may not be.
Marathon Man is 100% correct. I know people who have an Advantage plan and love it. I know people who have traditional Medicare and wouldn't do anything else. You have to figure out what is the right choice for you.
Old 01-24-2020, 11:10 PM
Sage

We moved here 10 yrs ago, before TVH came to be. When we were prepping our move, we also met with an independent ins. agent to go over our options...which was doing our home-work prior to the move. Everyone should self-advocate and as others have said you do have options. Not one system is a "fits all" situation. I too recommend checking with SHINE.
Closed Thread

Tags
care, primary, secondary, insurance, united

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.