Principal Dental Insurance

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 11-01-2018, 10:35 AM

Default Principal Dental Insurance

Well it's time to find a dentist and I would love a recommendation instead of using a dart board. I have Principal Dental as my dental insurance and must use someone in network.

Any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-01-2018, 11:05 AM
Sage

Location: Oregon Mo. St Joesph mo, ft worth tx, Omaha neb., upper heyford UK, Clovis NM, OKC.

Not knowing who in you’re network hard to recommend? I been to three dentists so far in Florida. Two tried to bankrupt me. I now go to DDS jerkins in Fruitland Park down 27/441 just before Leesburg. Very happy with him. Is he in you’re network? Got me. IMO dental insurance is mostly ripoff, lot of dentist push it, other than cleaning IMO they don’t pay much on anything else and sometimes it take years for them to pay on root canal, bridge, caps, crowns, implants good luck!
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2018, 08:18 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Not knowing who in you’re network hard to recommend? I been to three dentists so far in Florida. Two tried to bankrupt me. I now go to DDS jerkins in Fruitland Park down 27/441 just before Leesburg. Very happy with him. Is he in you’re network? Got me. IMO dental insurance is mostly ripoff, lot of dentist push it, other than cleaning IMO they don’t pay much on anything else and sometimes it take years for them to pay on root canal, bridge, caps, crowns, implants good luck!
I have Delta Dental Insurance, pays 100% cleanings, x-rays, root canals, bridge, dentures, caps, crowns, 80% on implants. Heritage Dental on 25 is a DD provider and handles the billing.
Haven't got a bill from a dentist for years.
Old 11-02-2018, 04:59 AM

The actual name of my dental insurance company is "Principal Dental". They have a much limited selection of dentists. I'll check to see if they are in-network. All responses are welcomed.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:59 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Do the math on Dental Insurance.

Usually just trading dollars.

Not a fan.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:04 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Do the math on Dental Insurance.

Usually just trading dollars.

Not a fan.
Trading dollars, but the customer ends up with fewer dollars than the insurance company.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:06 AM
Sage

Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Trading dollars, but the customer ends up with fewer dollars than the insurance company.
Absolutely, good add.
Old 11-02-2018, 07:44 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I also go to Dr Jerkins, and totally agree with you
Old 11-02-2018, 09:34 AM
Veteran member

Yes it's just trading dollars and I couldn't imagine buying a dental policy.

But some people get free or subsidized dental benefits through their employer/retirement plan. For us that 's always been a good deal financially even though the annual benefit was pretty low. We've almost always exceeded the benefits in the plan which is why it has worked out well for us.

The one fly in the ointment is that some dentists say they don't take a particular insurance plan when what they mean is they don't take direct payment from the plan. So the patient has to pay up front and collect from the insurance company later.

Our current dentist files our bills with our insurance company but we pay in full up front and get a check from the insurance company a month or two later.

My guess, and it's just a guess, is that many, maybe most, people in The Villages are getting dental insurance through their retirement plan.
Old 11-02-2018, 11:01 AM

I have the dental insurance from work...

Tags
dental, principal, insurance, recommendations, network