Prolia for bones?

Closed Thread
Old 10-01-2020, 08:15 AM
Location: Near Sumter Landing; come down when we can; still live in Forest Hills, a suburb of NYC

I got rid of my osteoporosis completely by:
1 Weight bearing exercise
2 combo pill of calcium, magnesium zinc
3 GNC triflex
4 adding dairy
5 I have always walked a lot
Old 10-01-2020, 08:49 AM

Can I ask what brand she uses and where she purchases it from
Thank you
Old 10-01-2020, 09:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlcooper70 View Post
This may not be the format to get medical advice .... there are many serious side effects that you should be aware of and you should look at the information provided by sites like the Mayo and the Cleveland Clinics.
thank you. i personally don't take it & prob never will. i use citrical, vit d, & drink LOTS of milk. please research all side effects then decide if it's a good fit for you.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:33 AM
Default AlgaeCal Plus and Strontium Boost

I was told to take Prolia but after looking at all of the side effects online, I decided not to take it. I found the AlgaeCal website and liked what they had to say. Plus, I saw a little segment they had of Dr. Oz recommending it. I have been taking it for 1 month and am very happy to hear that it helped bone density from someone who has been taking it.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Ladies. Are any of u on prolia for ur bones? Any side effects and have u increased bone density?
Wife had serious femur break awoke back. Dr. Recommended vitamin d. She still takes it. Works
Old 10-01-2020, 10:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,179 Times in 835 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsteoStrongVillages2 View Post
Osteo drugs have severe side effects and can only give you an average of 1%-3% change over your lifetime with negative side effects, however, they DO NOT actually regrow bone. OsteoStrongs average member receives 7%-14% increase of bone density each year, which is how so many are reversing Osteoporosis completely. We have seen bone density gains as large as 10% in 6 months. Many studies and member DEXA scan results prove our program and many Doctors use it themselves and refer their patients to us. You may also check out our website OsteoStrong.com. Please give me a call at 325-218-8800, I would love to talk to you about it. Even if you are not interested in our program, please allow me to explain how the drugs work verses this natural alternative.

Per the Prolia site, some side effects are low blood calcium, skin infections, rash, osteonecrosis of the jaw, fracture of the thighbone.
Are making a medical claim for treatment of osteoporosis at your gym?
Quote:
OsteoStrongs average member receives 7%-14% increase of bone density each year
Do you even know that an average cannot be 7 - 14%? An average is a number not a range. You are promising that the lowest yearly improvement is 7% each and every year going forward as 7% is the low end of your promised range. So in 2 years I will have at least 14 % improvement in what? My hip, my spine, my worst area or my best area on a Dexa scan? Can you please post the published study to support your claim or do you not actually understand the science of osteoporosis? You do have extensive training in medicine or pharmacy don't you?

Even your suggested website which you refer to as "Our website" is a phony with a big Not secure warning on my laptop and is nothing but a suggestion of related searches which lead to other broken links. So useless weblink, terrible math, unsupported medical claims. The little phrase "Member Dexa scans" tells me everything I need to know. You're selling a fancy gym membership.

Can I own an Osteostrong gym? Do I need to know anything about medicine to own a franchise of a company that claims to treat a real problem with once a week short exercise session?
Quote:
No, you do not need to have experience in the medical or health industry to be considered. We look for franchisees that have solid business management skills and a commitment to excellent customer service.
So this is a sales skills required position, not a know at least something about osteoporosis before you open a business to treat that disease position. Good to know. I think I'll save time for "learning how drugs work" to my conversations with someone with advanced training in medicine or pharmacy. Not a gym owner.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:18 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG999 View Post
3 GNC triflex
4 adding dairy
Wish I could say the same. I'm a gym rat, eat dairy, do all things right and still have it. Sometimes just heredity since mom had it badly
Old 10-01-2020, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Ladies. Are any of u on prolia for ur bones? Any side effects and have u increased bone density?
Yes, I've been taking prolia for two years and moved my bone density from osteoporosis to osteopenia. My doctor is old school and believes that prolia is making the difference, so I will continue. You need a shot every 6 months and want to stay on this course for its proper use.
Old 10-01-2020, 12:35 PM
Default Switched

I was on Prolia for 2 years without any side effects (other than the co-pay amount to my wallet- ouch!) I was switched several years ago to some kind of yearly infusion with a greatly reduced co-pay - and no side effects from it either.
Old 10-01-2020, 02:09 PM

Quote:
I took it for two years and there was absolutely no difference (improvement) at all.

You may want to read this article and maybe do additional research.

The Manufacturing of Bone Diseases: The Story of Osteoporosis and

The manufacturing of bone diseases: the story of osteoporosis and osteopenia - Nexus Newsfeed
Old 10-01-2020, 03:24 PM

I caution you on taking Prolia Research it carefully I belong to the Save Our Bones program by Vivian Goldschmidt
Old 10-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Default prolia shot

I have had 3 shots of prolia 6 months apart. My bone density showed that I was not losing any more bone, but did not improve at this point from the shots. No side affects except for dental.
A tooth in the front broke off at the gum line. I needed surgery to cut the gum in order to remove what was left of the tooth. When you are on prolia, it is a big deal with dental.
My dentist and the dental surgeon conferred that as long as it was less then 5 years, I could have the tooth removed and get an implant. They explained that just having a tooth removed when you are on prolia for a long time could lead to the bone never healing from where the tooth was removed. Implants take a long time as they usually do.
I don't know when or if I will go back on prolia. I have about a year to decide what to do. I don't know if this helped you, but just watch how your teeth are doing.
Old 10-01-2020, 08:03 PM

My wife has been on it for about two years. Her bone density has increased approx. 1%. She has had no adverse side effects, not even a red spot where the injection was made. She will continue. BTW, she is 84 years of age.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:10 PM

I’m confused as to why you have to pay? I have had two shots so far. No cost to me The oral medication it hard for your body to Absorb. So my doc recommended the shots good results low side effects.
Old 10-02-2020, 05:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG999 View Post
3 GNC triflex
4 adding dairy
Best answer yet. You do NOT know what side effects (unnoticed) are taking place in your body by pharmaceuticals. Just listening to the "small print" of any TV commercial for various drugs the pushers are advertising should scare anyone. Some of the fine print you listen to after the single benefit touted in a commercial includes:

Swelling of legs, hands and feet; capillary leak syndrome; fever; muscle pain; unusual bruising; dizziness, blurry vision; rash; hives; blisters; nervous system and blood disorders; lymphoma; swollen tongue; dry mouth; weight gain; inability to fight infections; nausea, diarrhea; constipation; depression; dehydration; suicidal thoughts.

Oh, and death. These are just some of the side effects mentioned in television advertisements for prescription drugs.
Closed Thread

Tags
prolia, bones, effects, bone, increased

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.