Prolia for bones?

Closed Thread
Old 10-02-2020, 06:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueash View Post
Are making a medical claim for treatment of osteoporosis at your gym?

Do you even know that an average cannot be 7 - 14%? An average is a number not a range. You are promising that the lowest yearly improvement is 7% each and every year going forward as 7% is the low end of your promised range. So in 2 years I will have at least 14 % improvement in what? My hip, my spine, my worst area or my best area on a Dexa scan? Can you please post the published study to support your claim or do you not actually understand the science of osteoporosis? You do have extensive training in medicine or pharmacy don't you?

Even your suggested website which you refer to as "Our website" is a phony with a big Not secure warning on my laptop and is nothing but a suggestion of related searches which lead to other broken links. So useless weblink, terrible math, unsupported medical claims. The little phrase "Member Dexa scans" tells me everything I need to know. You're selling a fancy gym membership.

Can I own an Osteostrong gym? Do I need to know anything about medicine to own a franchise of a company that claims to treat a real problem with once a week short exercise session?

So this is a sales skills required position, not a know at least something about osteoporosis before you open a business to treat that disease position. Good to know. I think I'll save time for "learning how drugs work" to my conversations with someone with advanced training in medicine or pharmacy. Not a gym owner.
I very much agree it was a pitch for his business.

Blueash. You are an ethical man and we all benefit from your medical advice. Thank you.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joanb View Post
I was told to take Prolia but after looking at all of the side effects online, I decided not to take it. I found the AlgaeCal website and liked what they had to say. Plus, I saw a little segment they had of Dr. Oz recommending it. I have been taking it for 1 month and am very happy to hear that it helped bone density from someone who has been taking it.

As a retired Women's Health nurse I am afraid to take any of the prescription bone loss medications. The AlgaeCal looks interesting and I may check it out. I can't stress the importance of exercise along with any medications or supplements to help the ol' bones!
Old 10-02-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neelie View Post
I caution you on taking Prolia Research it carefully I belong to the Save Our Bones program by Vivian Goldschmidt
Interesting program- I am going to check it out!
Old 10-02-2020, 08:12 AM

I have been on it for 2 years and at first I had joint pain that I had never had before. After this last dose, I got a rash on my arm, the 3 doctors I have seen have different opinions, derm says it is contact but it is only on my R arm. I still think it may be related. I am having a bone scan soon, so I will know if it has worked.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by allsport View Post
I have been on it for 2 years and at first I had joint pain that I had never had before. After this last dose, I got a rash on my arm, the 3 doctors I have seen have different opinions, derm says it is contact but it is only on my R arm. I still think it may be related. I am having a bone scan soon, so I will know if it has worked.
Our daughter developed a bony overgrowth under her tongue.
Old 10-02-2020, 07:11 PM

I have taken L’Arginine powder for over 20 years!! It is an amino acid we are born with and lose as we age. It is amazing!! It promotes bone growth and more! After a bone density test the dictor was amazed!! At age &0 I have the bones of a teenager!! I buy it on line at Deansons . I take the recommended dosage of 3 teaspoons a day ( 6. Po size gel caps). I call Dwansons and order a 1 lb bottle of powder for around $ 28 and it lasts about 2 momtjs. It is not a drug and has wonderful abilities!! It not only promotes bone growth but also shrinks tumors, boosts the immune system, makes your skin smoother, gives you amazing energy and is amazingly fast post surgery healer! ! My hair shines and grows quickly and my fingernails are hard as rocks . It is amazing stuff!! I’m 80 but look 55 or 69, I am told. Recently there had been a run on it due to the virus, so Swansons was out. I found it at Amazon. I never want to be without it!!!
Old 10-02-2020, 09:08 PM
Default Dental issues.

Only take if you really have too. I had to have dental work done and it took almost 15 months to get it out of my system and get good reading on my blood work.
Thank goodness it didn’t involve my front teeth.
I will never take again.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:24 PM

Yes I have been on Prolia for several years. It has been very effective for me without any side effects (and I am sensitive to medications). If your doctor recommends it, I urge you to take it. Your bones will thank you.
Old 10-03-2020, 08:31 AM
Default Strong bones with L’Arginine!!

I have taken L’Arginine powder made by NOW products for 20 years. I am now 80 with bones like a teenagers!! It’s an amino acid that we are born with but lose as we age. It’s cheap and works like a dream! I have never had a bad side effect. Only good ones!! My energy is fantastic ( I play tennis 2-3 times a week and golf once a week), my skin is smoother, my hair grows fast and is extremely shiny, my nails are hard as a rock! I learned about L’Arginine when I read an article written by a surgeon at John Hopkins Hospital about the rapid post surgery healing powers of L’Arginine . At the end of the article he stated it could also shrink tumors!! Since I had just been diagnosed with breast cancer I decided to try a serum of L’Arginine, not available in the US. It actually shrank my tumor, which baffled the surgeon! Then and there I decided to take L’Arginine powder for the rest of my life!! I urge everyone to give it a try. Your energy will skyrocket as your immune system grows stronger, but be prepared to cut your hair more often!🤪
Old 10-12-2020, 06:07 PM
Veteran member

Spoke to Dr today. Asked if it would be ok if I tried algaecal with bone builders 3 x a week. He said no pills and weights will help me. I need prolia. So scary as I would rather try natural meds 1st BUT my spine is 4:1 very bad. Anyone else know their numbers before u were put on prolia?
Closed Thread

Tags
prolia, bones, effects, bone, increased

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.