Hearing aids

Closed Thread
Old 03-07-2015, 01:37 PM
Default Hearing aids

Looking for information good or bad about Corrective Hearing Centers. One location in The Villages and one in Fruitland Park. Thanks.
Old 03-07-2015, 02:59 PM

I am very pleased with Hear USA in Brownwood.
Old 03-07-2015, 03:12 PM
Veteran member

there are many good places to buy your hearing aids......my suggestion to you is shop around try out multiple brands you get a 30 day free trial on each.....it's a big expense and you want to get it right...if you watch television or use your cell phone a lot make sure they are capable of streaming it makes a big difference in comprehension.....good luck
Old 03-08-2015, 09:16 AM

I had been to a few places and bought my aides from Corrective near Citizens Bank on 466. I find the office to be friendly and attention to detail. The service I continue to receive is excellent, I'm on my 2nd year with my first set of hearing aids. I go in every 4 months or so to fine tune and update my aides to my hearing, he checks them to make sure they are working properly (at no cost). My experience has been positive and I'm happy with my aides and the care I receive.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:38 AM

The local health care advantage plans will buy a new hearing aid if one is needed. I am just wondering if the hearing aid that they will purchase is just a basic model or just what criteria they use. Anyone know?
Old 03-11-2015, 04:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by inda50 View Post
I had been to a few places and bought my aides from Corrective near Citizens Bank on 466. I find the office to be friendly and attention to detail. The service I continue to receive is excellent, I'm on my 2nd year with my first set of hearing aids. I go in every 4 months or so to fine tune and update my aides to my hearing, he checks them to make sure they are working properly (at no cost). My experience has been positive and I'm happy with my aides and the care I receive.
I agree 100%. I just got my 4th set of hearing aids over the past 14 years and this has been the best experience by far. I find I look forward to returning to them for a scheduled check-up. Don Smith is the owner and really knows his business and has a great personality.
By the way, don't get impressed with ads that say "30 day free trial period".
Corrective hearing informed me that is the state law and everyone has to give the same guarantee.
Old 03-12-2015, 11:13 AM

The aids supplied by the health insurance companies are usually low end. These are still better than what was available in the early days.
Old 03-14-2015, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
I agree 100%. I just got my 4th set of hearing aids over the past 14 years and this has been the best experience by far. I find I look forward to returning to them for a scheduled check-up. Don Smith is the owner and really knows his business and has a great personality.
By the way, don't get impressed with ads that say "30 day free trial period".
Corrective hearing informed me that is the state law and everyone has to give the same guarantee.
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I ordered mine Tuesday from Don Smith so we will see what happens.
Old 03-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Veteran member

My mom will be moving hear in the next 60 days and has hearing aids as well as fluid in her ears. Looking for a good ENT doctor. Any suggestions?
Old 04-11-2015, 08:52 PM
Default HEAR USA in Brownwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseylou5 View Post
I am very pleased with Hear USA in Brownwood.
My wife and I just had a excellent hearing exam from Dr. Dozier at HEAR USA. She is a Audiologist, and very honest when going over the results of your test. She felt I was not quite ready for hearing aids, but did think my wife could benefit. My wife bought Siemens aids, and is very happy with them, and the excellent service Dr. Dozier provides. You will not be sorry.
Old 04-11-2015, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyme2 View Post
Looking for information good or bad about Corrective Hearing Centers. One location in The Villages and one in Fruitland Park. Thanks.
Sams club , Best price and service, 90 day money back guarentee
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.