Psychiatrists?

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2021, 09:54 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,759 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswirs View Post
Anyone who writes a post on TOTV is liable to get many different opinions. While it is true that most are not professional opinions, they are, however, efforts to help through personal experiences.
Your highlighted response is a bit insulting and inappropriate to those who are honestly trying to help.
And so, what help has your post offered?? Maybe you've been too busy counting and criticizing the "Off the wall opinions"? blah, blah, blah
The OP is not looking for opinions and/or personal experiences. She would like referrals for a psychiatrist to evaluate her friend. Period. That is my point.

I am truly sorry you lost your wife, glad grief counseling worked for you and that you found a new love and remarried.

BTW I want to emphasize the qualifying clause "If the situation did not appear so serious" in the first sentence of my last post herein.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 09-15-2021 at 10:02 AM.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:10 PM
Veteran member

Update. I came on here asking for help. There is NO MENTAL HEALTH HERE in the villages! I called everyone and everywhere I could. Even her primary gave her two names however when we called there were No openings until March for a psychiatrist. I Knew she needed one asap even though some of you assumed I couldn't know. I finally got hold of her son and she has moved out of state, living with him now, is seeing a psychiatrist and doing much better. Just wanted to give an update. Very sad we have none here and if we have a few they are totally booked I'm just happy for her She is on meds now and doing better. Tk u for those who tried to help
Old 11-04-2021, 08:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,316 Times in 2,053 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartnsoul View Post
Update. I came on here asking for help. There is NO MENTAL HEALTH HERE in the villages! I called everyone and everywhere I could. Even her primary gave her two names however when we called there were No openings until March for a psychiatrist. I Knew she needed one asap even though some of you assumed I couldn't know. I finally got hold of her son and she has moved out of state, living with him now, is seeing a psychiatrist and doing much better. Just wanted to give an update. Very sad we have none here and if we have a few they are totally booked I'm just happy for her She is on meds now and doing better. Tk u for those who tried to help
Good to hear that she got help.
Old 11-04-2021, 08:51 PM
Veteran member

Wonderful
Closed Thread

Tags
psychiatrists, good, psychiatrist, depressed, eat

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.