Publix Vaccine Website

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2021, 01:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

I'd like to thank everyone who tried to make Publix site understandable and useable.

However, what a stupid miss to make of something that could have been so simple. Surely all one needs is a list of counties, a phone number and website for each county and allow everyone to either leave their information on a phone or to leave their information on the website.

I am probably being too simplistic, but the website made for Publix must have been compiled by an evil genius bent on annoying as many people s they could.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 01-31-2021, 02:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,671 Times in 5,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
I'd like to thank everyone who tried to make Publix site understandable and useable.

However, what a stupid miss to make of something that could have been so simple. Surely all one needs is a list of counties, a phone number and website for each county and allow everyone to either leave their information on a phone or to leave their information on the website.

I am probably being too simplistic, but the website made for Publix must have been compiled by an evil genius bent on annoying as many people s they could.
I agree that the system they are using is very bad. But, I think the reason they use it is because it is totally automated and requires no work by Publix employees. If people left information on a phone message or a website, someone would need to spend time sorting through the information, and notify people of their appointments, which would probably result in a lot of no shows and people gaming the system. There are literally thousands of people trying to make appointments, but very few appointments available.
Old 01-31-2021, 04:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I agree that the system they are using is very bad. But, I think the reason they use it is because it is totally automated and requires no work by Publix employees. If people left information on a phone message or a website, someone would need to spend time sorting through the information, and notify people of their appointments, which would probably result in a lot of no shows and people gaming the system. There are literally thousands of people trying to make appointments, but very few appointments available.
Unfortunately, I have to agree with you, but there has to be a better way. What becomes of the people who are literally not able to use a computer, who are sight-impaired ,and are handicapped in other ways.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 02-01-2021, 09:20 AM

All they needed to do about six months ago was to hire an IT guy that could create a useable site. Consider Amazon.....search for anything, buy it in seconds, have an email immediately, it is shipped and on your door step the next day or two. Go into their site and find everything you have purchased over time. How hard would it be to sign up by birthday and have your name (birthday) stored until the vaccine is available? If the state was to put all its efforts into Publix dispersing this vaccine, why didn't they hire the right people. Oh, I know, it's government.......(That is not a political statement). It is about public vs private.....Profit motive and competition. JMHO
Old 02-01-2021, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperguy View Post
All they needed to do about six months ago was to hire an IT guy that could create a useable site. Consider Amazon.....search for anything, buy it in seconds, have an email immediately, it is shipped and on your door step the next day or two. Go into their site and find everything you have purchased over time. How hard would it be to sign up by birthday and have your name (birthday) stored until the vaccine is available? If the state was to put all its efforts into Publix dispersing this vaccine, why didn't they hire the right people. Oh, I know, it's government.......(That is not a political statement). It is about public vs private.....Profit motive and competition. JMHO
Not a government site, it is a private site motivated by profit. The Governor's press conference today indicated that they will be expanding the doses available to Publix and Publix will hopefully be expanding the number of stores that will open. And remember, Publix is not the only site or place to get the vaccine.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 02-01-2021, 04:43 PM

Feb 01, 2021

The Latest

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis updated residents Monday on the state’s effort to vaccinate every senior in Florida. DeSantis said nearly 30% of Florida seniors have received their first vaccine shot, amounting to about 1.25 million individuals. He said the state will be setting aside 1,500 doses this week for seniors who are homebound. “Not everyone is in a position and not everyone has the same level of support … We’re trying to prevent people from falling through the cracks,” the governor said. DeSantis said the federal government has increased Florida’s vaccine supply by 40,000 for the coming weeks, allowing them more flexibility when it comes to drive-through vaccination sites in senior living communities like The Villages.
Closed Thread

Tags
website, times, deland, publix, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.